Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I now want a Zombie Far Cry game.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the items required on the blueprints are obscure to say the least, for example, for korek machete, 20 mental which fair enough, but 10 alcohol??? Does anybody know the connection lol :D

Played 11 hours of this now and it just gets more fun the higher levels you reach and the more classy the weapons become. The free running style of getting around the world adds so much to the game, just brilliant, honestly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Died more times from ill-timed/misjudged jumps than zombie attacks :blush:

Just reached Rais, that's how busy I've been leveling up and strengthening my weapons, its got to be done lol
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very templates to go for this, but not sure whether to wait for Dead Island 2 instead. Opinions?
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pre-Order Dying Light Xbox One + Handbook & Soundtrack £30.00 Using Code (FEBGIFT10) http://www.rakuten.co.uk/shop/basecom/product/2852870/?_$ja=tsid:63839|kw:10|cgn:2K5EHy/JWUM&scid=af_lnk_linkshare&u1=&siteID=2K5EHy_JWUM-NR8ob2OE7oEjt11BfJUwIA Same deal for the PS4 deal.

I'm tempted for that price.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very templates to go for this, but not sure whether to wait for Dead Island 2 instead. Opinions?

I played Dead Island on PS3, Dying Light was instantly the better game for me, assuming Dead Island 2 will be more of the same then I would opt for Dying Light.

Biggest plus for me over Dead island is the way you get around the world, the risky business of going out after dark and generally more to do.

Having said that I'll probably be buying DI2 as well at some point, will probably take some time out from zombie worlds for a while though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there anywhere you can buy download codes to get this game for cheaper (similar to the way people use CDkeys for XBL and PSplus), its looks like a fun game and its getting rave reviews, I'm just not sure I want to throw down £55 for a digital game

The game and the season pass for £65 isn't that bad (-£20 for the season pass and the game will only be £45 which is pretty average) but then again it'll only be worth it if I enjoy the game and I won't be able to know if I'll enjoy it without paying first

Edit: is the 'Ultimate edition' not on PS4? I've looking the game on Xbox one and PS4

On PS4 I can only fine the game for £55 and everything else separate, on Xbox one you can get the game season pass and another DLC for £65
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I played Dead Island on PS3, Dying Light was instantly the better game for me, assuming Dead Island 2 will be more of the same then I would opt for Dying Light.

Well, it's a different dev team on Dead Island 2, as Techland dropped out to work on, well, Dying Light.

Yager Development are on it this time. I think they were on the first one too, but this time they'll be heading the project, so we'll see how it goes.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not many people playing this game then? I got it yesterday. Seems pretty good so far. Really nice graphics and lots to do. No bugs encountered so far either which is pretty unusual for games these days...
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The game is awesome, it's a combo of Dead Island Mirror's Edge and Far Cry.
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved playing the game. Spent most of it in online co-op, and met some friendly people.

Story was great, and I loved the night/day system. Only issue I have with the game is the ending, but I guess it just leaves it open for future DLC and whatnot.
  • Options
    Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    Playing this at the moment, put 7 hours in so far and I'm really enjoying it. Going out at night is soooo scary, I rarely do it!

Anybody else playing this?

I Got a bit too cocky taunting the slow zombie's for loot during daylight hours in the early stages of the game.
    Crapped my pants after my first encounter with the Volatiles chasing me at night :o, I hadn't felt this fear since Outlast.The relief I felt when I made it back to the tower block safe house was undescribable. Now whenever I get the warning over the radio about night approaching I just leg it to the nearest safe house and kip until dawn. Night roaming is a no go for me :D

Overall I'll give this game 8/10.
  • Options
    Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very much liking what I've seen of this. Open world, hefty RPG mechanics and seemingly ultra similar to the brilliant Dead Island. Imminent pickup.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Night time is so amazing in fact so scary I never go out, it actually gets so dark you can't see the object in front your face you have to use the torch whilst avoiding them brutal runners that come out only at night, if you're lucky enough to get rain too it really adds to the atmosphere.

I have a quest now where I have to gather mushrooms at night :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Night time is so amazing.. if you're lucky enough to get rain too it really adds to the atmosphere.

Like it! Day/night cycle and the random weather appeals. Stormy nights always add a foreboding ambience to events.

Anyway yep, just bagged it on PS4 in Game. Had some birthday gift credit left otherwise Amazon at £41 would have got the cash. Cost 49 quid with a lot of dlc included, eight separate items in fact. Will report back in due course with some brief but considered thoughts. But I do expect this to be a little bit special.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunce-2007 wrote: »
    I Got a bit too cocky taunting the slow zombie's for loot during daylight hours in the early stages of the game.
    Crapped my pants after my first encounter with the Volatiles chasing me at night :o, I hadn't felt this fear since Outlast.The relief I felt when I made it back to the tower block safe house was undescribable. Now whenever I get the warning over the radio about night approaching I just leg it to the nearest safe house and kip until dawn. Night roaming is a no go for me :D

Overall I'll give this game 8/10.

Exactly the same, run for a safe house soon as night fall is announced, just to dangerous!

I sometimes taunt the volatiles from the safety of just a quick leap over a wall or fence into a safe area :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm well into the game now it's huge so much to do, one of the best games for exploring and looting I have ever played.

And when I was wondering when it will end
    I have a brand new area with map to explore :)
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really enjoying this but for some reason the ultimate survivor code won't validate
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what I was expecting from this game - but I'm really enjoying it :)

Also this made me chuckle.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Survived my first mission at night. Wasn't keen on being made to go out there, it's dangerous man! Satisfying managing to leg it back to a safe zone and then just standing on the roof taunting the volatiles.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adore this game but have to say obtaining the Korek Machete has made a huge difference, I can wade into zombies much easier and it’s getting me out of some difficult situations, just wish it lasted longer and that I could find more alcohol !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else find the Molotov cocktails really useful? especially for taking out those enemies guarding the airdrops they were difficult to kill in combat.

Camouflage was a bit op when combined with the neck break it was like a cheat :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Molotovs are quality for dispatching hordes and looking forward to getting hold of said machete! The water current pipe is our current weapon of choice. Highly amusing results when it.. erm.. fully connects!
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hard Mode patch out for PC, along with a few other improvements, i got about 10+ frames increase, so now averaging 70+ :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Hard Mode patch out for PC, along with a few other improvements, i got about 10+ frames increase, so now averaging 70+ :cool:

When was that patch released, I was playing earlier and don't recall any update through Steam.

Talking about the game, just reached level 11 today, can't wait to get the grapple hook at level 12 lol