Options

The Master poll questions

OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
Forum Member
✭✭
2 questions about The Master, just for fun:

1) Who is your favourite Master?

2) If you could cast any actor to play The Master if John Simm declined reprising his role who would it be?

My answers:

1) Anthony Ainley (Possibly John Simm in a few years if he keeps at it, Derek Jacobi could have been great too)

2) Rob Kazinski (Sean Slater in EastEnders).

Comments

• Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 questions about The Master, just for fun:

1) Who is your favourite Master?

2) If you could cast any actor to play The Master if John Simm declined reprising his role who would it be?

My answers:

1) Anthony Ainley (Possibly John Simm in a few years if he keeps at it, Derek Jacobi could have been great too)

2) Rob Kazinski (Sean Slater in EastEnders).

The bloke who played TONY in Hotel Babylon. Can't remember his name! He'd make a good master!
  • Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roger Delgado, though i did like Ainley too.

For a future Master-Bill Bailey (yes, really).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) The Skeletor Master from The Deadly Assassin
    2) Aidan Gillen
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Simm without a doubt.
    James Franco.. or Dave Brown (The Mighty Boosh). :D

wizzywick wrote: »
    The bloke who played TONY in Hotel Babylon. Can't remember his name! He'd make a good master!

Do you mean, Dexter Fletcher?
  • Options
    VabosityVabosity Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roger Delgado, though i did like Ainley too.

For a future Master-Bill Bailey (yes, really).

I think he'd also make an excellent future Doctor!
  • Options
    ennuiennui Posts: 1,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roger Delgado
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Simm without a doubt.
    James Franco.. or Dave Brown (The Mighty Boosh). :D

Do you mean, Dexter Fletcher?

Yes. Him! I think he'd be great!
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    For impact, I loved the decayed Master in Deadly Assassin, it was one of the first Dr Who stories I ever saw and it proper scared me lol. But I got very used to seeing and appreciating Anthony Ainley in the role. Ironically I think he finally shook off the Roger Delgado comparison when he played the cat-persona in Survival (the errr last Dr Who story of the old series :o )

I'd love to see Matthew Goode (not sure if he does Television though) as the Master because he's so suave and cool (and very English) that he could bring some devilish charm to the role. Plus he proved he could play a devious genius kind of character as Ozymandias in Watchmen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame actually. His story has kinda been wrapped up now...There's not really much point in him coming back :(
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure he'll be back, more's the pity ...

Ainley is my favourite. Derek Jacobi was bloody marvellous for the two minutes he got to do it: proper-scary, not panto-scary like John Simm.

I like the idea of Rob Kazinsky as the Master. The unhinged aspect of his EastEnders character would come in very hand. And he is very very very sexy. I don't approve of the Master or the Doctor being sexy though, so I spose I should rule him out. Dylan Moran, maybe? He'd be a good Doctor too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure he'll be back, more's the pity ...

Ainley is my favourite. Derek Jacobi was bloody marvellous for the two minutes he got to do it: proper-scary, not panto-scary like John Simm.

I like the idea of Rob Kazinsky as the Master. The unhinged aspect of his EastEnders character would come in very hand. And he is very very very sexy. I don't approve of the Master or the Doctor being sexy though, so I spose I should rule him out. Dylan Moran, maybe? He'd be a good Doctor too.

It's something about his eyes. I've always thought he'd be a great Master.
  • Options
    ukgnomeukgnome Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Roger Delgado - pure evil (well his Master was, not the actor you understand

2. Possibly Eddie Izzard, but also Ewan McGregor would be quite good IMO:)
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    My favourite is John Simm, just because he's "my Master" in the same way that everyone has "my Doctor".

My ideal one... hmm, that's a good question, how about Alan Rickman? Or Ian McDiarmid from Star Wars? They'd both be bloody terrifying.
  • Options
    tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame actually. His story has kinda been wrapped up now...There's not really much point in him coming back :(

His story was left open ended-we didn't even see what happened to him-and anyway, there will always be a point to him coming back. That's what arch enemies do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ukgnome wrote: »

Possibly Eddie Izzard

Worst. (Hypothetical) Master. Ever.

The bloke can't act for toffee & should stick to chat shows & running marathons.
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    His story was left open ended-we didn't even see what happened to him-and anyway, there will always be a point to him coming back. That's what arch enemies do.

I don't think he'll be back for a while, because Moffat has stated at some point that there'll be no more Time War stuff, and for the Master to come back they'd have to open that storyline right back up again and almost certainly bring the Time Lords back into it as well.

If there's a way to bring the Master back on his own and without too much of a stretch of plausibility, then I'd love to have him back - but I have to agree with The Moff that enough is enough with the Time War, it's time to just let the Time Lords die and let the Doctor move on. By the end of the specials the Time War was really dragging the show and the character of the Doctor down and a lot of plot threads had to include extra explanation because of the Time War. We need a fresh start, either forget the Time Lords altogether or let them start again somehow.
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My fave Master is Anthony Ainley, just for that amazing 'Hehehehehehehe' chuckle!

As for a new Master, I think he should reverse and go back to being Derek Jacobi again. He really was so evillllllllll!!!!!!And I think he has the presence needed to make the role a success.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Has to be Roger Delgado for me, he pulled off pure evil so well. To be honest I can not think of anybody that could do it aswell. I though John Simm was to pantomimy in The Last of the Timelords but did enjoy him a lot more in the End of Time