Options

Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    jack pattersonjack patterson Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trennie wrote: »
    Look, I'm just an American, but it's unbelievable to me that a PR man, namely Max Clifford, has grown so powerful in the affairs of Great Britain that he can scare an internet site into censoring any mention of his recently being charged by the police for sex offenses. What the hell has happened in your country?

Its called being innocent until proved guilty- something you might cherish in your own country?
    Surely you have a larger respect for the law, rather than all the hearsay,nastiness and crap that appears on internet sites?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever the outcome of the Max Clifford allegations, I suspect the police have gathered some very interesting reading material from his place.
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sangreal wrote: »
    Yes. But note that the past convictions have come from all parties, not just Labour.

This one, maybe...?
    http://chris-ukorg.org/uk-child-abusers-named-and-shamed/councillorspolitical-party-affiliated/

Last item in the list... Who was the senior politician in March 2000? It doesn't seem right that anyone can not stand trial with such serious charges. And even worse that that politician retains their anonymity. Sounds like a cover up to me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Its called being innocent until proved guilty- something you might cherish in your own country?
    Surely you have a larger respect for the law, rather than all the hearsay,nastiness and crap that appears on internet sites?

It seems to me that Clifford is getting special treatment, because he is a very powerful man. DS and the tabloids deal in rumors. If innocent until proved guilty were the case , DS would have very little to talk about.
  • Options
    EmmasmytheEmmasmythe Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, indeed he was charged by the police and had to post bail to be released. Go back and read the original story. He will not be brought to trial for some months, unless he plea bargains, of course.

have you fot a link to that, thats hes been charged?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    whatever54 wrote: »
    nor have the other 3-4 household names, I lose count:confused: anyway it doesn't stop their names being plastered all over the place which seems odd. I wonder whether it's just that Max is far more media savvy & takes action to get things removed. The old gropers possibly don't have the internet like Jimmy;) (mr if I don't have t'net then I can't be accused of being a pervert-that was more or less what he said wasn't it?)

Here is the list so far of those arrested and all names (apart from one) have been "plastered" which does seem odd and perhaps unfair.

The following arrests have been reported:
    1.Singer-songwriter Gary Glitter was arrested on 28 October 2012 and later bailed.[46][47][40]
    2.Comedian Freddie Starr was arrested on 1 November on suspicion of related offences and released on bail the following day.[48][49]
    3.Former BBC producer Wilfred De'ath was arrested on 11 November and later released on bail.[50]
    4.DJ Dave Lee Travis was arrested on 15 November and later released on bail.[5] The police stated that the allegations against him were unrelated to Savile, and Travis stated that his arrest had been on matters not linked to children.[51]
    5.An unnamed man in his 80s was arrested and questioned in November and his Berkshire house was searched.[52]
    6.Publicist Max Clifford was arrested on 6 December on suspicion of sexual offences.[53] He later denied what he termed

Source: Jimmy Savile sexual abuse scandal.
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever the outcome of the Max Clifford allegations, I suspect the police have gathered some very interesting reading material from his place.

I'd love to have a nosey through his files, can you imagine the scandal and the dirt you'd find?:D
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    inquirer64 wrote: »
    Here is the list so far of those arrested and all names (apart from one) have been "plastered" which does seem odd and perhaps unfair.

5.An unnamed man in his 80s was arrested and questioned in November and his Berkshire house was searched.[52]...

Source: Jimmy Savile sexual abuse scandal.
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you follow the citation given in Wiki it is for this report by the BBC:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20544939

Where it states he was interviewed under caution - not that he was arrested. I think that is the crucial difference between him and the named ones.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »

Where it states he was interviewed under caution - not that he was arrested. I think that is the crucial difference between him and the named ones.

I did wonder if he was giving information on others or things he may have witnessed rather than anything he himself did. Time will tell.
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    I did wonder if he was giving information on others or things he may have witnessed rather than anything he himself did. Time will tell.

That seems plausible actually, I didn't think of that before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »

Why put him under the "arrest" list? He should be under a different section. I'm surprised at Wiki because I thought they were accurate. I presume the BBC report is?
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,016
    Forum Member

The information you have chosen to reproduce is wrong.

And people wonder why this thread gets culled. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    The information you have chosen to reproduce is wrong.

And people wonder why this thread gets culled. :rolleyes:

Touch wood, none of my posts have yet to be culled concerning this matter. Not saying it won't happen because I am unsure what can or cannot be discussed and I was merely quoted Wikipedia.

As I'm fairly new to this forum are you one of the moderators?
  • Options
    sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The wiki page/entry has been edited to match the BBC report.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sangreal wrote: »
    The wiki page/entry has been edited to match the BBC report.

Sorry I don't understand. Could you please explain why a list of arrests has been produced on Wiki and the unknown is No 5 on that list.
  • Options
    sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I don't understand. Could you please explain why a list of arrests has been produced on Wiki and the unknown is No 5 on that list.

You'll have to ask the person who originally made the page/list.

At least it's now more factual and says he wasn't arrested, he attended a police station by appointment, was interviewed under caution and released without charge.

With this newly corrected information, maybe the original editor will now edit the page again...?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    voiceforchildren‏ @TheVoiceJersey
    10 months, & 13 days ago #Jersey's Home Affairs Minister received this open letter and STILL he ignores it http://voiceforchildren.blogspot.com/2012/01/open-letter-to-home-affairs-minister.html … #HDLG #LIES
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    S Times says police investigating claims of alleged sex offences against 25 celebs and expected to arrest at least 6. http://twitpic.com/bk9ouz

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/statuses/277528762235617280
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look, I'm just an American, but it's unbelievable to me that a PR man, namely Max Clifford, has grown so powerful in the affairs of Great Britain that he can scare an internet site into censoring any mention of his recently being charged by the police for sex offenses. What the hell has happened in your country?

He has not grown powerful, he just knows what the rules are.
  • Options
    sozzled2daysozzled2day Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Touch wood, none of my posts have yet to be culled concerning this matter. Not saying it won't happen because I am unsure what can or cannot be discussed and I was merely quoted Wikipedia.

As I'm fairly new to this forum are you one of the moderators?
    No, i4u isn't one of the moderators. And he's also been 'guilty' of posting misinformation. I'm sure no one does it deliberately though.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, indeed he was charged by the police and had to post bail to be released. Go back and read the original story. He will not be brought to trial for some months, unless he plea bargains, of course.

No he wasn't charged at all, he was questioned and released on bail

http://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/363282/Max-Clifford-insists-The-truth-will-come-out-

Clifford was freed without charge on police bail until later this month.

And we do not have plea bargaining in the same way the USA does its a much more limited version here
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karin Ward: 'I'm not angry at Jimmy Savile now'
    Karin Ward, whose brave interview triggered the greatest scandal in BBC history, looks back on a year when 'just for once, I felt vindicated'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/dec/09/karin-ward-newsnight-jimmy-savile

Is she still angry at Savile?

"It's kind of strange. The other victims seem very angry. I'm not aware of feeling angry now … I'm left with his underlying melancholy. I don't find the joy I think I should find in life." She says this without self-pity but rather as simple fact; one that is finally, after all these years, worth acknowledgement.
  • Options
    jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    It astonishes me he gets asked on to TV to talk about one of his clients he is getting paid large sums to protect as if he is an unbiased source of information.

It's astonishing the printed media claim they are a free press yet they ask a publicist for permission as to when and what they can print.

The two linked articles quoted here reflect my feelings and though the first one (Carole Cadwalladr, a novelist also) is very long, it is well worth reading and very brave for the time it was written.

As to anyone above (not the quoted posters here) saying that this man was/is not powerful, you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Btw Izzy and others will be interested in 'personality traits' discussed in the first.
This discussion has been closed.