Avril vs Kelly 106 votes

Avril Lavigne
23% 25 votes
Kelly Clarkson
76% 81 votes

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Kelly Clarkson. Avril Lavigne's music sounds childish and annoying to me.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like some of Avril's stuff, but I prefer Kelly because she has a much stronger voice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Early Avril was better, but nowadays Kelly triumphs!!
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly's voice is incredible. Btu musically she ahs suffered since Breakaway and stuck to a formula much like P!nk. Also Avril helped to bring the punk/emo rock/pop in to the charts and others like Kelly and P!nk followed with succesive albums. Avril just has suffered in matring and becoming a credible adult artitst. TBH both have plus and minuses and neither truly stands above the other.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly
    But i do love Avril but she lacks growth in her music.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Avril Lavigne.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly is flawless as far as I'm concerned.

Love Avril but she seems to do herself ( or her label does) with horrific single choices whilst her albums have grown I feel, her singles don't reflect this so the albums don't sell as they could.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    both are meh to me. but went with kelly
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like them both but I think Kelly is better nowadays.

Avril Lavigne was better in her early 00s days though.
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly Clarkson. She has killer vocals and her songs are really good. Avril is just a high school chick stuck in a 30 year old woman's body.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely Kelly Clarkson. I do like quite a few of Avril's songs but I much prefer Kelly's voice and I think that her best songs are better than Avrils best songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as I like a lot of Avril's songs, she still sounds like a 12 year old and her often shrieky vocal style doesn't help.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    C'mon now! Kelly is a vocal behemoth in comparison to Avril. I am a fan of both but Kelly is hands down the far superior singer, writer and general performer.

I have never seen a Kelly live performance that was sub standard where as Avril is known to be pitchy, screechy and her material is often generic sounding, to me personally anwway.
  • P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: That's quite a landslide :D
    Maybe it would've been closer if I had done Kelly vs P!nk?
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like both but seeing as Kelly already had such a large percentage of the votes, I went Avril.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    P_P wrote: »
    :eek: That's quite a landslide :D
    Maybe it would've been closer if I had done Kelly vs P!nk?

In that case P!n but they are both equally drab :o
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    I love Avril, but honestly Kelly is one of my favourite artists EVER, I can listen to her albums and enjoy every track and not hear filler, her vocals are amazing, her writing ability is incredible.

She is literally a perfect artist, look at the album Stronger, it's such a strong album, I Forgive You, Hello, Let Me Down, You Love Me, The War Is Over and Don't You Wanna Stay are brilliant and that's not even mentioning her singles, Mr Know It All, Stronger and Dark Side are all absolutely amazing, she's honestly as good as she was 10 years ago still.

Her live show last year in October was one of the best nights in my life, ever, she was amazing, she pointed at me which erupted my inner fan girl, her vocals were immense, she knew how to put on a show and it was incredible.

So sorry Avril, but Kellys won.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    In that case P!n but they are both equally drab :o

LMAO, just no.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Avril Lavigne.

Not only did she lead the way for pop-rock artists like Clarkson and Pink! she also did it better (Pre-Goodbye Lullaby). She is no longer at the top of her game but she still triumphs over most singers in her genre.

Avril Lavigne also wrote Breakway.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HandsClean wrote: »
    Avril Lavigne.

Not only did she lead the way for pop-rock artists like Clarkson and Pink! she also did it better (Pre-Goodbye Lullaby). She is no longer at the top of her game but she still triumphs over most singers in her genre.

Avril Lavigne also wrote Breakway.

Paved the way? Pink had released two albums before Let Go was released.

Not sure why you point out that Avril co-wrote one song that Kelly ended up recording? Kelly has written and co-written the majority of her songs? As has Pink for that matter.

I'm a fan of all three, but overall, Kelly and Pink trump her IMO.
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For likeability, Kelly wins everytime, but as a songwriter, Avril wins because Kelly seems to put less & less input into writing as time goes on.

IMO Kelly is the better 'singer', so that's who I voted for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Kelly Clarkson...BY FAR!!

She has a great back catalogue (far better than Avril's), a much better voice obviously and far more success, industry respect and longetivity than Avril. Besides, Kelly has actually grown musically, although I don't like her new stuff that much, whereas Avril's lyrics and melodies still sound like they were written by an 18-year old.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    Kelly Clarkson...BY FAR!!

She has a great back catalogue (far better than Avril's), a much better voice obviously and far more success, industry respect and longetivity than Avril. Besides, Kelly has actually grown musically, although I don't like her new stuff that much, whereas Avril's lyrics and melodies still sound like they were written by an 18-year old.

Now that is just not true. Avril's albums have sold 17m, 10m, 6m and 1.3m WW respectively. Outside of Breakaway, Kelly hasn't had a single album sell anything close to those first three figures. In fact her last three albums will have all been lucky to have sold 2m or more each WW. Even Stronger didn't sell much more than Avril's flop album!
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,240
    Forum Member
    Avril, by miles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double post.