Options

Blind impressions

patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've just watched my first episode of CBB this year and have decided to just post my opinions based on that one episode - near the end of the show, I know. Not sure if I want to; or have time to, catch up. A few observations jotted down as I went......

There's just a few people in the world with whom I would broach the suggestion that they should shave all of their hair off and start again. Imagine my surprise to find two of them in this CBB. Lauren and Courtney, take a bow.

Courtney, at 5'7" I never weighed more than 7st at your age and I managed a few years later to get out three ten pounders (one closer to 11lbs); so get over yourself and don't be so ignorant. I really can't abide this kind of 'isn't it charming how stupid I am' housemate. Oh - here we go, Courtney acts like a brat and it's Lauren's fault; I see a familiar pattern emerging with the ditzy, stupid do-no-wrong female.

Awww. :) I like Lauren and Abs together.

Charlotte has a likeable something about her but her dialogue is fairly limited. Buzz off girl. She is unnecessarily unpleasant to Lauren, it seems.

I've come across Louis before - I'm not even sure when - but I feel like I've seen all he has to offer. It's very cliched.

Vicky - not much to go on.

Dustin - I'm sorry I haven't seen more of him; he seems OK.

Bruce - again; seems OK but he seems exactly like what I can remember of his Corrie character.

Why was Bruce boo'ed so much? I've missed something there. Why was Louis cheered so much? I've definitely missed something there!

I feel sorry for Vicky for the shallowness of the response to her. No real cheers, no real boos; just an apathetic mumble. Odd; isn't it? I hate when people get boo'ed but in the middle of the mayhem, the lacklustre lack of interest either way is perhaps the most offensive.

Charlotte and Mario spinning themselves as they guzzle their beer. *sigh* Charming. A credit to their country, eh?

Oh Lord, Carol's got some chip on her shoulder about her relationship, doesn't she? Dreadfully, embarrassingly insecure on that front.

Charlotte at the end - hmm. Very obvious attempt to paint Abz in a bad light. What's he done to her? Maybe I'll have to watch it back after all. :o

Comments

• Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Ha, ha, you seem to have it all summed up nicely patsy, it seems that you haven't missed anything.
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched my first episode of CBB this year and have decided to just post my opinions based on that one episode - near the end of the show, I know. Not sure if I want to; or have time to, catch up. A few observations jotted down as I went......

There's just a few people in the world with whom I would broach the suggestion that they should shave all of their hair off and start again. Imagine my surprise to find two of them in this CBB. Lauren and Courtney, take a bow.

Courtney, at 5'7" I never weighed more than 7st at your age and I managed a few years later to get out three ten pounders (one closer to 11lbs); so get over yourself and don't be so ignorant. I really can't abide this kind of 'isn't it charming how stupid I am' housemate. Oh - here we go, Courtney acts like a brat and it's Lauren's fault; I see a familiar pattern emerging with the ditzy, stupid do-no-wrong female.

Charlotte has a likeable something about her but her dialogue is fairly limited. Buzz off girl. She is unnecessarily unpleasant to Lauren, it seems.

I've come across Louis before - I'm not even sure when - but I feel like I've seen all he has to offer. It's very cliched.

Vicky - not much to go on.

Dustin - I'm sorry I haven't seen more of him; he seems OK.

Bruce - again; seems OK but he seems exactly like what I can remember of his Corrie character.

Why was Bruce boo'ed so much? I've missed something there. Why was Louis cheered so much? I've definitely missed something there!

I feel sorry for Vicky for the shallowness of the response to her. No real cheers, no real boos; just an apathetic mumble. Odd; isn't it? I hate when people get boo'ed but in the middle of the mayhem, the lacklustre lack of interest either way is perhaps the most offensive.

Charlotte and Mario spinning themselves as they guzzle their beer. *sigh* Charming. A credit to their country, eh?

Oh Lord, Carol's got some chip on her shoulder about her relationship, doesn't she? Dreadfully, embarrassingly insecure on that front.

Charlotte at the end - hmm. Very obvious attempt to paint Abz in a bad light. What's he done to her? Maybe I'll have to watch it back after all. :o

Hey Patsy, good to have your analysis - but two points only -

Courtney's only 5 ft 3" - so she's slim but not grossly, the top half makes her look smaller, she will fill out, she's only 19

Carol's 53 , fiance 31 -

and she's said (like all HMs) the isolation of the house makes everything magnified and sends your imagination a bit wild- and if you saw him you'd realise ...I'd be insecure (he's gorgeous!), but seriously... she could also just be intermittently sending out a message to him that she misses him and the house has made her feel bit insecure - she wants to marry him when she gets out the house, and she clearly loves him - together for 5 years already.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandy50 wrote: »
    Hey Patsy, good to have your analysis - but two points only -

Courtney's only 5 ft 3" - so she's slim but not grossly, the top half makes her look smaller, she will fill out, she's only 19

Carol's 53 , fiance 31 -

and she's said (like all HMs) the isolation of the house makes everything magnified and sends your imagination a bit wild- and if you saw him you'd realise ...I'd be insecure (he's gorgeous!), but seriously... she could also just be intermittently sending out a message to him that she misses him and the house has made her feel bit insecure - she wants to marry him when she gets out the house, and she clearly loves him - together for 5 years already.

Hi Sandy - and thanks YL - I have no issue with an age gap. OH is 9 years older than me. She seems very insecure about it but maybe you're right and it's just the atmosphere. She also seemed a bit pished :D I'll keep watching. I'll have to look him up now to see if he is gorgeous!

edited to add - yep, not bad at all! ;)
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Hi Sandy - and thanks YL - I have no issue with an age gap. OH is 9 years older than me. She seems very insecure about it but maybe you're right and it's just the atmosphere. She also seemed a bit pished :D I'll keep watching. I'll have to look him up now to see if he is gorgeous!

Lauren had told her she had skin like her mother (who is in her 70s) i don't think that helped:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1403404.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Carol%2520McGiffin%2520with%2520Mark%2520Cassidy-1403404&imgrefurl=http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/loose-women-carol-mcgiffin-bagged-1404057&h=409&w=615&sz=36&tbnid=iUi3OQ7GpneXwM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=135&zoom=1&usg=__50p6plksc9uZcZMcAGiqF3nJTyg=&docid=6FfRwLvFOdi6iM&sa=X&ei=Yq4rUqOQAs6g7AathYHoDg&ved=0CEEQ9QEwBA&dur=472
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    Lauren had told her she had skin like her mother (who is in her 70s) i don't think that helped:D

:D:D:D Mind you, I'm busy planning my mam's surprise 80th in October and you wanna see her skin! :eek: It's pretty much flawless. She never drank or smoked but I am blindly fixing my faith in the genetic over the environmental and ignoring the fact that I do the former regularly and did the latter for far too long in my youth. I've got her eyes, her intellect, her sense of humour and her hypochondria. I'd better get her bloody skin. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D Mind you, I'm busy planning my mam's surprise 80th in October and you wanna see her skin! :eek: It's pretty much flawless. She never drank or smoked but I am blindly fixing my faith in the genetic over the environmental and ignoring the fact that I do the former regularly and did the latter for far too long in my youth. I've got her eyes, her intellect, her sense of humour and her hypochondria. I'd better get her bloody skin. :mad:
    awwww - You can't sue either can you...,--- :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seems sweet but a tad-een gormless. :o I'm an awful judgemental biatch; sorry. :o He just looks a bit gormless. :o
    :eek: boy... high standards ! hat off to you
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    awwww - You can't sue either can you...,--- :o

I might. My sister's a barrister and she got her father's skin. :cool: We could do a class suit.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't see Courtney as a "isn't it charming how stupid I am" housemate. And I haven't noticed that as a criticism of her before either. It certainly doesn't seem to be a major theme in negative comments about her. She doesn't seem stupid to me -- btw, there's a recent [thread=1888282]thread[/thread] commenting on her goog grasp of English -- or to be putting on a stupid act that has to be seen through in order to see intelligence.

It looks like you're reacting to a couple of things (some comment about weight? some acting like a brat?) that seemed so insignificant to me that I don't remember them at all.

But it's interesting that you said more about her than about any other HM. That seems to be how it is in the house as well: indeed, some of them seem almost obsessed with her at times. It seems there's something a bit ... compelling about Courtney, at least compared to the others.

I wonder what you'd have thought of Courtney + Lauren + Abs in Sunday's show. (The moth scene was a bit of a BB cliché, I suppose, but there were other things too.)

Am I right that it's Monday's you watched? Sunday's gave a much better impression of Courtney, I thought.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    I had missed you this year Patsy. Good to know you are still out there and now to read you back in here again.:)
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Courtney's only 5 ft 3" - so she's slim but not grossly, the top half makes her look smaller...

Are you sure? She only looks about 4 feet 8.:eek:

Taller in her 7 inch high heels. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've caught up as far as Day 12 now and have changed my mind about Courtney. :o She seems kind of lovely; but my initial experience of her was moaning about never having children because she was so tiny. That was immensely irritating. For the most part, having seen half the series now, I've warmed considerably to her. Actually, apart from Louie (who is vicious) I thought they were all fairly OK. Sophie was embarrassingly needy and a bit pitiful and socially inept. Lauren's a puzzle, isn't she? Not sure yet. Ron was a bit of a self-satisfied arse. I like both Bruce and Vicky. Vicky's probably my favourite and, having jumped ahead to the Charlotte argument, she's still probably my favourite.

I like Abz but the way he speaks does grate a bit. :o Carol's an awful stirrer and a bit of a bitch but she's funny and does seem capable of calming things when necessary. She drinks too much, too. BBL :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    I don't see Courtney as a "isn't it charming how stupid I am" housemate. And I haven't noticed that as a criticism of her before either. It certainly doesn't seem to be a major theme in negative comments about her. She doesn't seem stupid to me -- btw, there's a recent [thread=1888282]thread[/thread] commenting on her goog grasp of English -- or to be putting on a stupid act that has to be seen through in order to see intelligence.

It looks like you're reacting to a couple of things (some comment about weight? some acting like a brat?) that seemed so insignificant to me that I don't remember them at all.

But it's interesting that you said more about her than about any other HM. That seems to be how it is in the house as well: indeed, some of them seem almost obsessed with her at times. It seems there's something a bit ... compelling about Courtney, at least compared to the others.

I wonder what you'd have thought of Courtney + Lauren + Abs in Sunday's show. (The moth scene was a bit of a BB cliché, I suppose, but there were other things too.)

Am I right that it's Monday's you watched? Sunday's gave a much better impression of Courtney, I thought.

I would like to ask a question about Courtney why would a sixteen year old girl marry a much older man.When I was sixteen that would be the last thing on my agenda.Courtney is very astute and is no blonde bimbo.Money has to be issue ans surely fame has to be factor
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've caught up as far as Day 12 now and have changed my mind about Courtney. :o She seems kind of lovely; but my initial experience of her was moaning about never having children because she was so tiny. That was immensely irritating. For the most part, having seen half the series now, I've warmed considerably to her. Actually, apart from Louie (who is vicious) I thought they were all fairly OK. Sophie was embarrassingly needy and a bit pitiful and socially inept. Lauren's a puzzle, isn't she? Not sure yet. Ron was a bit of a self-satisfied arse. I like both Bruce and Vicky. Vicky's probably my favourite and, having jumped ahead to the Charlotte argument, she's still probably my favourite.

I like Abz but the way he speaks does grate a bit. :o Carol's an awful stirrer and a bit of a bitch but she's funny and does seem capable of calming things when necessary. She drinks too much, too. BBL :D
    Courtney said she didn't want to have children on one of the LFs - and if you caught Abz on a HL show well done, you have to be quick, and his voice is rather slow and sounds forced, but he's a gentle soul. Lauren is confusing, there's two of her, strong,, opinionated and articulate (see task of Loose Women) and the other feeble, clumsy, dithery, weak) - extremes.

- and think Carol's just killed time by hitting the bottle, she is quite quick witted and funny - and Louie....you have to give Louie a chance, he can come out with some great one liners, and he's been pretty good at calming people too, and giving them a reality check on BB and the game and not to take it seriously when some of them have let it get to them - I think he's still in mourning over his mum's death too,as it wasn't that long ago, he seems to have a good heart, and he was great with Lauren when she got in a state and cried one night when she heard Sophie calling her a witch - and he wanted to leave early on.

- and I can't stand Vicky -If you watch her Vicky, she talks for the benefit of the camera constantly, and seems to have bit of a chip on her shoulder, now tagging Lauren around as she's favourite ! Carol said people who've worked with her don't speak of her very positively or highly she's difficult apparently.

But if you don't watch LF you will have perhaps skewed opinion if your views are just based on HL shows :confused:
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    herejohno wrote: »
    I would like to ask a question about Courtney why would a sixteen year old girl marry a much older man.When I was sixteen that would be the last thing on my agenda.Courtney is very astute and is no blonde bimbo.Money has to be issue ans surely fame has to be factor

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=68528493

Scroll down to post #33. Link there with background on Courtney, her mother, Doug. It's not pretty.