Options

Update re K700i - need advice please

bigsisbigsis Posts: 1,334
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi

Around 2 weeks ago I posted on here about the Voda K700i that I was having problems with regarding downloading and now 2 weeks on I still haven't got to the bottom of it and need advice please.

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=323147 - original post

The phone I have now is a replacement for the original as in the end I took that back to Carphone Warehouse as it needed to be charged everyday and they gave me a replacement which when I checked had a different firmware on it to the original. I thought by that being different that my problems would go but they are still there, I still cannot download anything as payment fails each time.

I spoke to Voda CS again and they advised me to take it back to the Voda shop instead of Carphone Warehouse where it would be flashed the new firmware while I waited so I went today. Well that is a load of bull because Voda wouldn't accept the phone off me because I didn't get it from them (I asked the CS advisor about this scenario and was told it didn't matter - shows how much he knows). I was told by CS that there is a software problem with SE phones which is the reason why I cannot download anything. The new firmware that is apparently available will rectify the problems I have.

Rather than wait 2 weeks for it to be done I decided I would try and do it myself but I need a docking station in order to reflash the phone. What I would like to know is will it be worthwhile buying one because I had heard that Vodafone mobiles cannot be reflashed this way. Is this true?

Would appreciate the help that anyone can offer.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would ring the customer service people and insist on being sent a different phone. I know someone that did this and he was sent the K750i which is basically the same phone with a better camera and less bugs in ithe software.

I don't see why you should go to the additional expense of buying a docking station when they have sent you 2 inferior handsets that are under warranty. Put the ball back in their court is my advice.
  • Options
    jagger2kjagger2k Posts: 3,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    your better off doing it yourself mate, you can get rid of the voda crap software and flash the original k700i software onto it.

http://www.mobile-doctor.co.uk/total.htm

You will need the service cable tho. I have one if your intrested drop me a pm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jagger2k wrote:
    your better off doing it yourself mate, you can get rid of the voda crap software and flash the original k700i software onto it.

http://www.mobile-doctor.co.uk/total.htm

You will need the service cable tho. I have one if your intrested drop me a pm.
    Have PM'd you.

Thanks.
  • Options
    chriswilliams16chriswilliams16 Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    is there a way to debrand the k700 free?
  • Options
    jagger2kjagger2k Posts: 3,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont belive there is a way to do it free.
  • Options
    chriswilliams16chriswilliams16 Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    iam hoping to get the k750I anyone know where i can get it cheap EG computer fair.etc
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigsis wrote:
    Hi

Around 2 weeks ago I posted on here about the Voda K700i that I was having problems with regarding downloading and now 2 weeks on I still haven't got to the bottom of it and need advice please.

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=323147 - original post

The phone I have now is a replacement for the original as in the end I took that back to Carphone Warehouse as it needed to be charged everyday and they gave me a replacement which when I checked had a different firmware on it to the original. I thought by that being different that my problems would go but they are still there, I still cannot download anything as payment fails each time.

I spoke to Voda CS again and they advised me to take it back to the Voda shop instead of Carphone Warehouse where it would be flashed the new firmware while I waited so I went today. Well that is a load of bull because Voda wouldn't accept the phone off me because I didn't get it from them (I asked the CS advisor about this scenario and was told it didn't matter - shows how much he knows). I was told by CS that there is a software problem with SE phones which is the reason why I cannot download anything. The new firmware that is apparently available will rectify the problems I have.

Rather than wait 2 weeks for it to be done I decided I would try and do it myself but I need a docking station in order to reflash the phone. What I would like to know is will it be worthwhile buying one because I had heard that Vodafone mobiles cannot be reflashed this way. Is this true?

Would appreciate the help that anyone can offer.

Thanks.

I know someone that had this problem with a K700i on O2 and they had four handsets beofre they insisted the software was flashed instead of yet another iffy handset, they sent it to a sony erricson repair centre who flashed it for free..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pink Mouse wrote:
    I know someone that had this problem with a K700i on O2 and they had four handsets beofre they insisted the software was flashed instead of yet another iffy handset, they sent it to a sony erricson repair centre who flashed it for free..
    You are joking :eek:

Latest on it is that I took it back to Carphone Warehouse again and they told me to take it to one of their service centres in Liverpool to get it re-flashed free of charge. Am hoping to do that tomorrow and when it's been done am going to check the phone whilst on the premises and if it still doesn't sort the problem out I'm going to demand that the phone be changed to a different model because I am so sick and tired of it now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

I took the moby back to the Carphone Warehouse in Liverpool today and it was re-flashed with new software. I tried downloading again and it still wouldn't work so have ditched the k700i and got myself a Nokia 6230i. At the moment it's charging so haven't played around with the settings as yet but am hopeful it won't give me the same hassle as the k700i did.

Thanks to all for their help.

Has anyone on here got the Nokia 6230i? If so how have you found it and have you had any problems with it?

:)