Give me a woman to support :-(

patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm well impressed, to be honest; I actually know most of these people! But I don't like any of the girls. :( And I really wanted to this year. I THINK I like Jasmine, though she's a kiss'n'tell'er ( think) which doesn't exactly warm me to her.

Much as I was expecting to loathe Liz, I feel quite sorry for her. She's absolutely out of her depth. Luisa's a pain in the aras, Sam's a half-wit and if Linda doesn't shut up about Colleen I'm going to throw my sister Linda through the TV. Who else? Ah yes, the pneumatically bosomed young one. No interest - sorry. I might, contrarily, get to like Liz; a little, but more in a 'God love her' way.

Who does that leave? Jasmine? Sod it.

For the record, I love Ollie - I mean, the man's beautiful and sweet. So far. Lionel seems a hoot. Evander's seems adorable. Lee seems like a bit of a gobshoite, but a loveable one.

Why do they always get (relatively) AWFUL women? >:(

Comments

• WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think many people sit and think "I must chose a woman to support this year" it's a bit strange.

If you like someone, you like them. Male or female.
  • dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think many people sit and think "I must chose a woman to support this year" it's a bit strange

Yeah, that is weird. Just support the ones you like
  • yawalloperyawalloper Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    I don't think many people sit and think "I must chose a woman to support this year" it's a bit strange.

Very good point.
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like Linda so far.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linda.
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

dtorre wrote: »
    Yeah, that is weird. Just support the ones you like

Point me to where I said "I must" and I'll concede the point. If the subtle distinction is too much for you, I'll understand if you don't reply.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Casey needs a lot of support.
    Forum Member
    Point me to where I said "I must" and I'll concede the point. If the subtle distinction is too much for you, I'll understand if you don't reply.

No need to be so rude patsy.
  • benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luisa ;-)
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know exactly what you mean OP. These forums are full of posts calling women viewers jealous and bitchy for not supporting the females in the house but then they put in a bunch like this lot and it actually makes it very hard to back any of them.

I do try with some sisterly solidarity, I really do but I'm struggling at the moment. Linda seems the best of the bunch though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yawalloper wrote: »

Once again, where did I say "I must" support a female housemate?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm liking Linda so far, but I think she's going to be quite bossy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I know exactly what you mean OP. These forums are full of posts calling women viewers jealous and bitchy for not supporting the females in the house but then they put in a bunch like this lot and it actually makes it very hard to back any of them.

I do try with some sisterly solidarity, I really do but I'm struggling at the moment. Linda seems the best of the bunch though

:cry: Praise the Lord!! Someone got the point ;-) I'm hoping one of them will surprise me. We can but hope, eh?
    Forum Member
    Once again, where did I say "I must" support a female housemate?

Just keep being pissy then...I thought better of you tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Your title said "Give me a woman to like"

Why? Why MUST you have a woman to like? Why can you not just like the men if they are coming across better why must you be given a woman to like?

Strange.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agreed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just keep being pissy then...I thought better of you tbh.
    Your title said "Give me a woman to like"

Why? Why MUST you have a woman to like? Why can you not just like the men if they are coming across better why must you be given a woman to like?

Strange.

:o
    And I'M being pissy. :D:D

I'll break it down for you.

Every single series - every one, civilian and celebrity - a woman has left first. I feel the programme attracts men who are famous for their talent and women who are famous for being famous. I love the programme and would like to have as interesting a range of women as we have of men. I would like to have at least one of each sex that I like. It's not a political crusade - just a point I felt like making.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    Why do they always get (relatively) AWFUL women? >:(
    Either (a) they don't, or (b) women are awful. Take yer pick.

Luisa.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Every single series - every one, civilian and celebrity - a woman has left first. I feel the programme attracts men who are famous for their talent and women who are famous for being famous. I love the programme and would like to have as interesting a range of women as we have of men. I would like to have at least one of each sex that I like. It's not a political crusade - just a point I felt like making.

You're saying that as though the men on the show have been the ones that are more interesting or something. Does it matter WHY they are picked?

We have had such interesting female housemates - Denise, Shannon Twins, Danica, Lauren Harries, Kerry Katona and Coleen Nolan.

I struggle to name more than 3 interesting men. Instead of posting less than 3 hours after they entered the house that you want to support a female perhaps give it a few days and see how they turn out instead of jumping on it so soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're saying that as though the men on the show have been the ones that are more interesting or something. Does it matter WHY they are picked?

We have had such interesting female housemates - Denise, Shannon Twins, Danica, Lauren Harries, Kerry Katona and Coleen Nolan.

I struggle to name more than 3 interesting men. Instead of posting less than 3 hours after they entered the house that you want to support a female perhaps give it a few days and see how they turn out instead of jumping on it so soon.

Ignoring the fact that you're jumping down the throat of what I'm trying to say........ I already really warmed to Lionel, Ollie and Evander. I haven't instinctively warmed to any of the women; and I'd like to.

....... shoot me now.................
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ignoring the fact that you're jumping down the throat of what I'm trying to say........ I already really warmed to Lionel, Ollie and Evander. I haven't instinctively warmed to any of the women; and I'd like to.

....... shoot me now.................

So, you actually mean, "Give me a woman that I can warm to within the first 3 hours" rather than "Give me a woman to like" which is suggesting that you don't like any of them at all and wont, but in your actual post you state you "think" you like Jasmine.

Right, ok.
  • chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member

I actually think the civilian BB has attracted some great value female housemates in the last few years with Norin/Deana/Faye with Aaron/Hazel all being my faves in their respective series.

As for this series.the Essex girl seems nice but i hate her show.o idea who the model and American girls are but they seem ice so far.dislike Nolan,Liz.no idea who she is....that leaves Luisa.i didn't like her at the start of the apprentice but ended up loving her.smart beautiful girl and she might surprise some people i think.
  • marie67marie67 Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luisa - intelligent and funny
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shakes head and walks away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think the civilian BB has attracted some great value female housemates in the last few years with Norin/Deana/Faye with Aaron/Hazel all being my faves in their respective series.

As for this series.the Essex girl seems nice but i hate her show.o idea who the model and American girls are but they seem ice so far.dislike Nolan,Liz.no idea who she is....that leaves Luisa.i didn't like her at the start of the apprentice but ended up loving her.smart beautiful girl and she might surprise some people i think.

I really liked Norin, Deana, Hazel and Faye, so agree with you there. :) I love a smart, interesting woman to support and make no apologies for it. I think Sam seems fairly vacuous; I was watching her interaction with Jasmine and she seemed like a rabbit caught in the headlights; Jasmine seemed interesting - but I hate that she's famous for stealing another woman's man (insert the detested and departed roll-eyes). Liz, as I said, probably needs to go back to her sterile environment. She's going to crumble in an uninteresting way - that's my prediction. Luisa - hmmm. I saw that series of the Apprentice and didn't particularly warm to her; though she was impressive on some tasks. We'll wait and see, eh?