Options

Murder Most Horrid starring Dawn French

DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
Forum Member
Wow! I've recently watched this on G.O.LD. and i love it!

What was your favourite episode of this fantastic series?

Comments

• Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,392
    Forum Member
    ^ That was one of my favourites... Bunty was hilarious!

Other favourites were "We All Hate Granny", "Smashing Bird", "A Life Or Death Operation", "Dead On Time", "Frozen", "Whoopi Stone" and "Confession Of A Murderer".

Such a funny, camp series. The last series was a bit hit and miss, but overall it was great television. Loved the theme tune too! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    "Mrs Hat and Mrs Red" - also from the first series. Hilarious, clever and with a stunning twist.

The Blue Peter one was really good too.
    And the one where Dawn is a scientist, married to Jim Broadbent, and works out a way to travel back in time to try to change events.
  • Options
    union_jakunion_jak Posts: 4,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame they've only released the first series on DVD, it was consistantly good every series.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    i liked mrs hat and mrs red....exactly what did happen to mrs red??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pitpony29 wrote: »
    "Mrs Hat and Mrs Red" - also from the first series. Hilarious, clever and with a stunning twist.

The Blue Peter one was really good too.
    And the one where Dawn is a scientist, married to Jim Broadbent, and works out a way to travel back in time to try to change events.

My three faves too - "Nasty seed breeds nasty corn", "I don't smoke - I'm not a chimbley"

And the scientist one ("fiddle, fiddle, fiddle") is very cleverly written. I also loved the theme tune at the end where Ruby Turner has difficulty finding a word to rhyme with "Horrid"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the effort gone into finding words to rhyme (badly) with horrid.
    French and Saunders rule.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    I loved the one involving the horrid and lovely Dopplegangers!

The Bunty episode was hilarious as well and there is one in the later series where some dinnerlady goes on a killing spree in the school I can't wait for it to come on again!
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    rob1989 wrote: »
    I loved the one involving the horrid and lovely Dopplegangers!

The Bunty episode was hilarious as well and there is one in the later series where some dinnerlady goes on a killing spree in the school I can't wait for it to come on again!

Here you go.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He Died a Death

Dawn as Judy Talent

Cracking lines like "I am an actor...I was in She Stoops To Conquer....with Mollie Sugden"
  • Options
    katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Lady Luck - it hadn't aged well (the twist at the end is really cliche and cheesy these days, and the hairstyles!) but at the time it really amazed me (I was young :D) It made an impression and I sometimes still think about it.
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Which is the one where Dawn plays a geeky, frumpy woman with thick lensed glasses?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    nick202 wrote: »
    Here you go.

Thanks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,392
    Forum Member
    Listentome wrote: »
    Which is the one where Dawn plays a geeky, frumpy woman with thick lensed glasses?

"Confessions of a Murderer". :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Danslink wrote: »
    i liked mrs hat and mrs red....exactly what did happen to mrs red??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VfqLAHt9xo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fAZiWCK9YI&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qSP7PSrr_U&feature=related

Watch these three to find out what happened to Mrs Red, Danslink!
  • Options
    ILoveMyDogILoveMyDog Posts: 26,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I could get this on DVD
  • Options
    RevelationFilmsRevelationFilms Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Hi - just popping in to let you know that we (Revelation Films) wil be releasing Murder Most Horrid on DVD from the 10th September.

We're starting with Series 2 (as Fremantle released Series 1 years ago) and also a Series 1 & 2 set. The rest will follow early next year.
  • Options
    union_jakunion_jak Posts: 4,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic news. I received an email about this from Amazon this morning, they also have series 3 & 4 listed for January 2013 - I can't wait.

Thanks for getting these released, I was beginning to think they'd never come.
  • Options
    chakkerschakkers Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    My favourite one, and the only one I can still remember, as these are rather old now, was the episode with Amanda Donohoe as the assassin. I still have it now. :)

Tell a lie, I forgot about the one with Minnie Driver in it. Loved that one too. They did the whole good cop, bad cop thing. Those are my faves. :)