Options

M&S Bras

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 714
Forum Member
✭✭
Sorry about this topic but I don't really have anyone else to ask :o

Do the wires in Marks and Spencers bras dig into anyone else's sides?

It started with the first one I brought from there. The outside end of the wire started digging into my side after a while and it became quite sore. I went back to the shop and told the lady and she said it was because it didn't fit properly, so she measured me and gave me another bra. But after a while of wearing it, the wires started digging into me again. So I went back to the shop and told a different lady about the problem and she got me another size bra (without measuring). It did actually fit well, so I bought it. But then the same problem happened again after a while of wearing it.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Is it because the bras don't actually fit (like I was told) or is it just with certain styles? I've since bought a bra from La Senza and the wires don't dig in on that one, so I'm confused. I feel I should add I haven't really gained or lost any weight over this period, so I don't think it's a case of me growing/shrinking... I'm unsure whether to complain about being measured at different sizes at the same place within about 3 weeks and ask for my money back (bras are expensive :o) or just accept that the shape of M&S bras don't suit me and shop somewhere else.

:o

This seems like a pretty long post for one stupid question, so thank you for any replies!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    I'm not a huge fan of M&S bras - I've had a couple that fit okay but after a few months the underwire has sort of warped so that it then sticks in to me. I also feel sometimes that the people measuring aren't that great at it.

Have you tried with any other shops? I like Debenhams for measuring and shopping right now (just bought a bra there last week and it fits like a dream but it's not wired hehe).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Playtex Cross Your Heart Beauty Lift for me everytime!

Not a wire in sight and very comfortable!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    babeegirl wrote: »
    I'm not a huge fan of M&S bras - I've had a couple that fit okay but after a few months the underwire has sort of warped so that it then sticks in to me. I also feel sometimes that the people measuring aren't that great at it.

Have you tried with any other shops? I like Debenhams for measuring and shopping right now (just bought a bra there last week and it fits like a dream but it's not wired hehe).

Thanks for the reply :)
    So it happens to you too? It happens to me after about 2 days. And yeah, I was thinking that about the measuring people. I say she measured me, but all she really did was look at me. There wasn't any tapes or anything.
    I bought one from la Senza but I've never tried Debenhams. I think I'll have to try them :)
  • Options
    Early BirdEarly Bird Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in answer to the OP - YES!!!

and the sizes can be quite off aswell...... in the cup department.
    I always thought the they'd stopped getting bigger, but alas... and no I am not pregnant!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not normally, but some have done. I've got one or two that I only wear when I don't have them on for very long.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm the same - I had some and LOVED them, and after a month or two, they just started being uncomfortable... Not only that, but I didnt feel like they gave me that much support.
    I started buying panache bras after that, which are amazing AND comfortable.
    I've not been measured to be honest, my mom measured me years ago, but ever since then, I've just kind of gone-up when I needed to! I dont feel like I'm wearing the wrong bra size though - Mine arent too tight or too loose in the band, the wires dont dig in (Only some of my older panache bras do, and thats because they are started to come through the fabric), and I'm quite well supported!

Bravissimo are meant to be quite good at measuring, but you can be different sizes in each brand. And some bra sizes are different in the same brands anyway, I've found - I have to go up a size in most wonderbras, but with their new strapless one, I've bought my normal size and it fits great!