Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    I figuresd that was the case.

It is :)
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    However if I hear "The London officers of CNBC were shut down today after a crazed female fan..." I am going to think that it was you.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    However if I hear "The London officers of CNBC were shut down today after a crazed female fan..." I am going to think that it was you.

That is extremely unlikely. No need to worry!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why do they not have London offices?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    why do they not have London offices?

They do but they wouldn't be shut down!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    right im going to switch off my "socail skills" for the night, I see using they have had ye another succesful outing ;)

I have got to be able to make better small talk with people than this,
  • Options
    Joey DeaconJoey Deacon Posts: 3,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see Meet The Press on CNBC tonight.

How long has it been scheduled after The Tonight Show?
  • Options
    Forum Member

*checks CNBC schedules* I see next Sunday they're showing it at 11pm CET (10pm UK) after World Business. Might become a regular thing.
  • Options
    mr williamsmr williams Posts: 1,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Until about 18 months ago it used to go out at 16.00, repeated at about midnight but now it's usually just one showing at 22.00
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Until about 18 months ago it used to go out at 16.00, repeated at about midnight but now it's usually just one showing at 22.00

They seem to change the weekend schedules a lot. I remember the Wall St Journal Report used to be on Saturday evenings at half 10, then Saturday mornings at half 12 and now 10am.
  • Options
    Martin KongMartin Kong Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That for the CNBC schedules?

What I meant to say is your normal t.v remote control and not your Sky digital one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What I meant to say is your normal t.v remote control and not your Sky digital one.

Thanks. I was getting confused :o Must have been tired when I asked that question. Did anyone here catch that opera that CNBC was showing yesterday? What did you guys think of it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If the London offices shuts down, it won't just be one crazed female fan, but the whole city (ie the financial district in London wil be up in arms).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone here catch that opera that CNBC was showing yesterday? What did you guys think of it?

I'm not into opera, but their CNBC Life programming sounds to me like it's aimmed at mega rich folk (ie CEO (Who mostly play Golf), Investment managers, traders and other rich folk).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not into opera, but their CNBC Life programming sounds to me like it's aimmed at mega rich folk (ie CEO (Who mostly play Golf), Investment managers, traders and other rich folk).

I think it is. All those luxury life shows and travel shows they used to have are definitely aimed at the rich people. Not mere students like me :p I can't stand opera either. I like dance/pop music. I thought this comment from their press release on it was interesting:
    “CNBC Performance is a strong addition to our CNBC Life weekend strand. We know that our audience are fans of classical opera, ballet and music and so will be delighted to sit down for an afternoon’s viewing of some of the world’s finest performances in their entirety.”

I don't know how they figured that one out :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how they figured that one out :confused:

Age aswell as wealth could come into it. I mean when I flicking through some tv chanels, I recalled BBC 2 had an opera and looking at the audience the majority of them were mid-aged around 50 years old I would say.

As for myself I only watch CNBC in the weekdays, I don't bother with the weekend shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Age aswell as wealth could come into it. I mean when I flicking through some tv chanels, I recalled BBC 2 had an opera and looking at the audience the majority of them were mid-aged around 50 years old I would say.

As for myself I only watch CNBC in the weekdays, I don't bother with the weekend shows.

That could be it. I remember when I went up to the studios that time I think they were a bit shocked that I liked it (I was 17 at the time). I read some CNBC marketing stuff once and I think it said the average viewer age is 45! Wonder how they work out that one? I rarely watch the weekend stuff either apart from the Wall Street Journal Report. My mum used to watch the golf sometimes. Some of the documentaries can be good though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read some CNBC marketing stuff once and I think it said the average viewer age is 45! .

Cnbc survey. Don't forget this survey is conducted across Europe. So maybe each country's culture could vary, Plus there are some american ex-pats who work in this country.

Yeap, the documentaries can be fascinating and educational aswell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cnbc survey. Don't forget this survey is conducted across Europe. So maybe each country's culture could vary, Plus there are some american ex-pats who work in this country.

Yeap, the documentaries can be fascinating and educational aswell.

Isn't the survey that ViewConnect panel thingy? I signed myself up :D Haven't got any surveys from them yet. I've signed up to their Guestalert email list thing as well. I get those emails every day. I think with the documentaries it depends on what it's about. The last one I watched was about counterfeit goods in the US and it was really interesting. They do repeat them a lot though, I have to admit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't the survey that ViewConnect panel thingy? I signed myself up :D Haven't got any surveys from them yet. I've signed up to their Guestalert email list thing as well. I get those emails every day. I think with the documentaries it depends on what it's about. The last one I watched was about counterfeit goods in the US and it was really interesting. They do repeat them a lot though, I have to admit.

Email them and ask for the viewers connect panel thing and then wait for the next survey.

Oh and the last documentary is online.

Here it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Email them and ask for the viewers connect panel thing and then wait for the next survey.

Oh and the last documentary is online.

Here it is.

I signed up here: https://www.viewerconnect.com/R.aspx?a=10
    Just back online from watching US Street Signs and Closing Bell. Thought Jim Cramer was good this evening on Erin's show. He's mad :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just seen this: http://www.worldbusinessnews.co.uk/cnbc/4568-squawk-box-europe-and-asia-go-on-the-road.html

Seems pretty interesting. I remember CNBC Europe had a "Squawk on the road" show a couple of years back but I think it's a first for CNBC Asia. It's all this week if you're interested :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bump :D Saw this interesting bit of news last night: http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/revolving_door/is_dennis_kneale_about_to_leave_cnbc_173782.asp

So Dennis Kneale seems to be set to leave. Hate to say it but I'm not too upset, I didn't really like him much.
  • Options
    epsomepsom Posts: 4,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump :D Saw this interesting bit of news last night: http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/revolving_door/is_dennis_kneale_about_to_leave_cnbc_173782.asp

So Dennis Kneale seems to be set to leave. Hate to say it but I'm not too upset, I didn't really like him much.
    Great news Stephanie. He'll have to leave after this article because if he stays everyone will know he had to take a pay cut.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    epsom wrote: »
    Great news Stephanie. He'll have to leave after this article because if he stays everyone will know he had to take a pay cut.

I'm quite pleased about it. I never thought he did much anyway or had much useful to say.
This discussion has been closed.