Options

If UK were to host the Eurovision, who would present?

Comments

• Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    ahyeah wrote: »
    Didn't she do Big Brother every summer?

she only had to be in the UK every Friday - she just flew over every weekend for the show.
  • Options
    LengsterLengster Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    jumping the gun a bit - he has to win it yet!

This whole thread assumes we'll have won :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lengster wrote: »
    This whole thread assumes we'll have won :p

true!!!! :D
  • Options
    jsam93jsam93 Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think, if we're continuing with the 1 man, 2 women format of recent years, the best choices would be Duncan James (previous Eurovision entrant, spokesperson, experience on live TV etc.) with Claudia Winkleman (she hosted one of the Eurovision Dance Contests a few years back, intelligent, attractive) and Davina McCall (fluent French, experience with live TV)
  • Options
    QuizmikeQuizmike Posts: 5,972
    Forum Member
    Davina McCall is a brilliant shout. I'd forgotton about her being half French or what have you.

Graham, Dave and Claud it is then.
  • Options
    sbrum1984sbrum1984 Posts: 6,466
    Forum Member
    I think the last time this question came up I went with a trio of Steve Jones, Rav Wilding and Claudia Winkleman.

I do love Myleene Klass though so perhaps swap her with one of the guys.

I'd prefer Graham not to host but to commentate still.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sbrum1984 wrote: »
    I think the last time this question came up I went with a trio of Steve Jones, Rav Wilding and Claudia Winkleman.

I do love Myleene Klass though so perhaps swap her with one of the guys.

I'd prefer Graham not to host but to commentate still.

we may lose Steve Jones to the Yanks - depending on how well he does over there presenting US X Factor!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shanders wrote: »
    we may lose Steve Jones to the Yanks - depending on how well he does over there presenting US X Factor!

I was thinking that as I posted! I was tying it in with my location of choice - if Birmingham wasn't picked again, I'd love Cardiff to get it, so thought I should put a Welshman up there!
  • Options
    BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sbrum1984 wrote: »
    I was thinking that as I posted! I was tying it in with my location of choice - if Birmingham wasn't picked again, I'd love Cardiff to get it, so thought I should put a Welshman up there!

What's wrong with Gethin then?
  • Options
    Forum Member

I don't know, hope he's alright though! :D

Put it down to jealousy because I love Katherine Jenkins...who would definitely be part of the interval act!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Gethin - yay!

If it is Cardiff the BBC would probably foist Alex Jones on us... :eek:
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    So if I collate the data, it seems people are divided on the triple-headed/ double-headed presentation. These are the most popular choices:

MALE
    Graham Norton
    Duncan James

FEMALE

Claudia Winkleman
    Davina McCall
    Tess Daly

And no one wants Alex Jones to present.
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care if this comes across as xenophobic, Graham Norton should not be allowed to host as he is not a UK national.

The basic qualification of all hosts should be that they were born in the host country, and in my opinion to choose hosts who don't come from the UK regardless of their standing on British screens makes a poor impression of the BBC to the people of Europe.
  • Options
    posiepebblesposiepebbles Posts: 1,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Yeah - there's bound to be a whole new bunch of vote-announcers that she can be incredibly rude to! :D

Maybe I've built it up a bit in my memory but I cherish the recollection of the sound of a simultaneous intake of breath from several thousand people in the arena. Once in a lifetime :)

Followed, of course, by the sound of people laughing so much they nearly fell off their chairs. Or perhaps that was just me :o
  • Options
    liquidJPliquidJP Posts: 1,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    I don't care if this comes across as xenophobic, Graham Norton should not be allowed to host as he is not a UK national.

The basic qualification of all hosts should be that they were born in the host country, and in my opinion to choose hosts who don't come from the UK regardless of their standing on British screens makes a poor impression of the BBC to the people of Europe.
    YEAH! Just like Terry Wogan and Ulrika Jonson...oh wait :D
  • Options
    swillsswills Posts: 4,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie Boyle :-)
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure Graham Norton would be such a good idea...he hosted both Dance Contests didn't he? Is that really the message we want to send out to the rest of Europe, that we have only one male TV presenter in the whole country? Plus I like him better in the commentator's box.

Personally I'd go with Gethin Jones - handsome, knows how to work the camera, and experience with live TV - and Davina McCall, to add some fun to the proceedings and deal with the French bits.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if graham norton hosted - does someone else commentate? - how did that work in 98?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    XTRMNTR wrote: »
    if graham norton hosted - does someone else commentate? - how did that work in 98?

i can't remember - wonder if it was Ken Bruce?
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Loving the idea of Duncan doing it...as for a lady presenter I'm thinking Susannah Reid....I think she can speak a couple of European languages.
  • Options
    Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as neither Keith Lemon or Stacey Soloman are given the jobs of co-presenters I really don't CARE who does the job. I CAN'T STAND those two - surely the most irritating voices on British TV??
  • Options
    crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anne Robinson would be ideal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anne Robinson would be ideal.

'You are the weakest song' Goodbye!' :eek:
  • Options
    RJH GloverRJH Glover Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    XTRMNTR wrote: »

For the 1998 Contest Sir Terry commentated during the Introduction, ran down presented. Ulrika Jonsson joined him on stage, he said "....I'm going to do a spot of commentating for the United Kingdom". Stayed in his commentating box until near the end and then joined Ulrika back on stage after the voting. When Sir Terry was on stage there was no commentating and I would expect Graham Norton to do the same if he ended up presenting it.

If the UK ended up hosting it, male presenter it would have to be Graham Norton. Female presenter Tess Daily, although we'd probably end up with Claudia Winkleman but with Davina McCall speaking good French I could see her instead.
  • Options
    WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    The Krankies