Options

Would more alive and late legends be a victim of the rape clams?

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Izzy43 wrote: »
    Really sad and I agree it could happen to anyone.
    There's a case here that ended up in court mainly down to the police's trawling method. It made for uneasy reading for me.
    http://www.richardwebster.net/endthiscruelinjustice.html

Indeed. At least he had the benefit of having the charges withdrawn. You can't imagine what 3 years in prison would be like for an innocent man convicted of the rape of a 3 year old girl.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    Is that right? Blimey.
    So if I was to accuse anyone of rape, regardless of whether he did it or not and whether he was convicted of it or not, I'd be in for some compo?

No. Awards are based on what would have happened had the case been brought before the civil courts.

They operate to a lower level of proof than "beyond reasonable doubt" as in the criminal court. If the accused is acquitted, you still have to prove your claim that they were guilty "on the balance of probabilities"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Espresso wrote: »
    Is that right? Blimey.
    So if I was to accuse anyone of rape, regardless of whether he did it or not and whether he was convicted of it or not, I'd be in for some compo?
    That seems ill thought out to me. What's to stop people making false allegations specifically to get paid?

Sadly nothing:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never really understood why anyone would immediately believe something someone says with no evidence whatsoever. There are all kinds of liars, losers and attention seekers out there, Thorough investigations should be made before anyone is allowed to ruin anyones lives... and it's not just the accuseds life that is ruined either... if they have family they will be dragged in to the melee.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see you don't do irony

You can't say I'm wrong.
  • Options
    90s fan90s fan Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    Well DLT and Stuart Hall have been arrested, lets hope that they would be cleared of abuse.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    90s fan wrote: »
    Well DLT and Stuart Hall have been arrested, lets hope that they would be cleared of abuse.

Unless they did really do it