Hollyoaks - John Paul and the new Headteacher

Comments

• hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    94ir wrote: »
    Wahey I'm glad I weren't the only one who sensed this.. I would love them to get together but I think Hollyoaks has enough gay characters atm, and hardly any straight males :/

They certainly did have a spark together.
    as for theres too many gay characters, Brendans going, and I assume Jen is too ( as shes not in the beginning credits) so there may be room for another gay character.

tbh I think Ste and Doug should have gone too they are both beyond annoying, been ruined and have run thier course.:sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »

God I hate this, the two characters I didnt want JP within 20 miles of, and thier ACTUALLY GOING THERE:(
    they are gonna Drag JP down down DOWN:cry:

I HATE YOU HOLLYOAKS:mad:
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Why would Doug drag John Paul down?

I'm not say I'd want a Doug/John Paul pairing but I don't see how the former would drag the latter down.

Loving Patrick so far as a character though.
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely a Ste/Doug reunion is on the cards, judging by the evils Ste gives JP every time he looks in Doug's direction.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    Surely a Ste/Doug reunion is on the cards, judging by the evils Ste gives JP every time he looks in Doug's direction.

But didn't they say that Doug wouldn't go back with Ste?
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,074
    Forum Member
    ok no no no ... they Did not have a spark... Patrick was married with 2 kids , the fact that they work well together isn't a need for an affair and would be ridiculous and unneeded if it did happen
  • rocketsaladrocketsalad Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather watch John Paul and Patrick have a thing than Doug suck the joy out of another character, bit gutted it's going that way. Don't buy that JP would have an interest in Doug but I guess I'll see how it's written.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather watch John Paul and Patrick have a thing than Doug suck the joy out of another character, bit gutted it's going that way. Don't buy that JP would have an interest in Doug but I guess I'll see how it's written.

Agreed
    Hate it with a passion:mad:
  • DeputyGuttersonDeputyGutterson Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    JP and Patrick would be very interesting and for that reason, I can't see it ever happening. Instead he'll be sucked into the chemistry free Doug-Ste bermuda triangle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    hetty100 wrote: »
    They certainly did have a spark together.
    as for theres too many gay characters, Brendans going, and I assume Jen is too ( as shes not in the beginning credits) so there may be room for another gay character.

tbh I think Ste and Doug should have gone too they are both beyond annoying, been ruined and have run thier course.:sleep:
    Agreed, can't stand Ste and Doug! Doug should have stayed in America and I'm hoping Ste leaves with Brendan x
  • Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    JP and Patrick would be very interesting and for that reason, I can't see it ever happening. Instead he'll be sucked into the chemistry free Doug-Ste bermuda triangle.

Agreed, Doug is a proper fun-sponge, I can't imagine anything less appealing to watch than a Doug/anyone romance :sleep: Please, HOs, have mercy on Doug's overworked tearducts and the viewers, and spare us!

I thought I detected a little chemistry between Patrick and JP, too. And they'd be far more likely to have something in common than JP and Doug. And a helluva lot more interesting to watch :D
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like Doug. I just hope he won't go back with Ste so the character can go back to his old self again.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    94ir wrote: »
    Wahey I'm glad I weren't the only one who sensed this.. I would love them to get together but I think Hollyoaks has enough gay characters atm, and hardly any straight males :/

Unlike EastEnders then...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,944
    Forum Member
    I was wondering if I was the only one who had seen a little spark, clearly not.

JP and Patrick all the way, I think JP likes an older man ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Auds77 wrote: »
    Maybe it was accidental chemistry. John Paul and Dr Browning were a bit touchy feely with each other too.

I think Hollyoaks have done a good job with their lesbian, gay and bi characters for the most part and though we have gay parents in Brendan and Ste it'd be different to have an older parent come out as gay or bi. Doing this with Patrick might be a good idea, especially to give him emotional scenes with Dodger and Sienna.

Brendan isn't exactl young either though, isn't he supposed to be in his mid thirties?
  • kaz80kaz80 Posts: 1,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnthonyL wrote: »
    According to the Daily Star, Anna will claim Patrick was abusive, which led to the split.

I could see this being true, there is something about it that says he could be a bit obessive and controlling
  • HarikenHariken Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back when Patrick first appeared I had a feeling they would pair him up with Ste once Brendan has left. Like, he'd be feeling the need for an older man again or something. I do think they'll be heading towards John Paul and Doug, however I too have thought that the sudden obsession with JP working at the school was possibly leading to a workplace romance.

Of course, Patrick could turn out to be completely straight but I think it'd be a wasted opportunity otherwise. Then again, some people say Hollyoaks has too many gay characters. I'm indifferent, personally.
  • Jingle JangleJingle Jangle Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patrick's definitely got something dominant and mysterious going on, and yeah, maybe he's a control freak; one of those people who are all charm on the outside but are completely controlling of their partners behind closed doors (not like that, you filthy lot!). You know what I mean, someone who keeps a tight rein on the purse strings, how things should be at home, what friends his partner can or cannot have etc. Could be interesting and I can't remember if HOs have done a psychological abuse storyline like that before.

As for him being gay or straight, personally I hope he's straight, but I'm not that bothered. I'm more interested in a good, well-written storyline with actors who work well together. Boy/girl, boy/boy, girl/girl, whatever. Helps if they're hot, though. Which Patrick is. :o;)
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    I don't catch all of Hollyoaks episodes and I have got into it more thanks to the Esther bullying/suicide storyline BUT even I saw the chemistry between these 2.

I thought having Patrick overhear JP talking about a sexual encounter with Craig at the school years ago was a big hint at something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok no no no ... they Did not have a spark... Patrick was married with 2 kids , the fact that they work well together isn't a need for an affair and would be ridiculous and unneeded if it did happen
    Patrick's definitely got something dominant and mysterious going on, and yeah, maybe he's a control freak; one of those people who are all charm on the outside but are completely controlling of their partners behind closed doors (not like that, you filthy lot!). You know what I mean, someone who keeps a tight rein on the purse strings, how things should be at home, what friends his partner can or cannot have etc. Could be interesting and I can't remember if HOs have done a psychological abuse storyline like that before.

As for him being gay or straight, personally I hope he's straight, but I'm not that bothered. I'm more interested in a good, well-written storyline with actors who work well together. Boy/girl, boy/boy, girl/girl, whatever. Helps if they're hot, though. Which Patrick is. :o;)

I hope they only secret he has behind closed doors is that he is extremely dominant. as you say JJ keeps a tight ship and controls his partner to the extreme, where she goes, who she speaks to, what she wears, what she spends etc.

I don't want him to be gay at all. I think it would ruin the character. As you say Dublin, just because they work together, doesn't mean they have to be in a relationship. The only spark I saw was that patrick admires the way JP deals with the pupils, The Pheobe, Sinead incident and Callum trying to be cocky to the teacher. No pun intended. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delete.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could cope with JP and Doug IF they kept it casual. Not everything has to be a big epic love story. That's where they went wrong with 'Stug' in my opinion. Didn't Kieron Richardson state in an interview that 'Stendan' was always the end game? In which case 'Stug' was just a plot device to keep Ste and Brendan apart for longer. So why string it out so long with a proposal and a wedding and the transformation of Doug's character into a possessive, clingy mess?
    It was all too much too soon. I never believed in Doug's sudden realisation that he was gay or Ste and Doug's 'love'.

JP and Doug hooking up and having some casual arrangement wouldn't be too bad. JP misses Craig and Doug misses Ste so they are brought together through mutual loneliness, not out of great, epic love....:rolleyes:. If they kept it fun and light hearted, with a bit of banter then it might even work quite well but neither character deserves to be dragged down by yet another 'stug' style romance.

As for JP and Patrick, I don't see any hints of an attraction between them.
    If they did get together I don't know how I'd feel about it so I'd wait to see how it played out onscreen. I do think they would have more chemistry than JP and Doug though.
  • Auds77Auds77 Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brendan isn't exactl young either though, isn't he supposed to be in his mid thirties?

You're probably right. I tend not to think of him as one of the older ones.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Auds77 wrote: »
    You're probably right. I tend not to think of him as one of the older ones.

how is his oldest son Declan, he was about 14/15 wasnt he so Brendan must be in his mid 30's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could cope with JP and Doug IF they kept it casual. Not everything has to be a big epic love story. That's where they went wrong with 'Stug' in my opinion. Didn't Kieron Richardson state in an interview that 'Stendan' was always the end game? In which case 'Stug' was just a plot device to keep Ste and Brendan apart for longer. So why string it out so long with a proposal and a wedding and the transformation of Doug's character into a possessive, clingy mess?
    It was all too much too soon. I never believed in Doug's sudden realisation that he was gay or Ste and Doug's 'love'.

JP and Doug hooking up and having some casual arrangement wouldn't be too bad. JP misses Craig and Doug misses Ste so they are brought together through mutual loneliness, not out of great, epic love....:rolleyes:. If they kept it fun and light hearted, with a bit of banter then it might even work quite well but neither character deserves to be dragged down by yet another 'stug' style romance.

As for JP and Patrick, I don't see any hints of an attraction between them.
    If they did get together I don't know how I'd feel about it so I'd wait to see how it played out onscreen. I do think they would have more chemistry than JP and Doug though.

Oh come on thats not what will happen, They will turn it into a stupid love triangle, and it will be exhausting to sit through.
    JP will be ruined and Doug and Ste will suck the f*cking life out of him, you only have to look at that stupid fight in the spoilers to work that one out, Jp winding Ste up(really:rolleyes:) the stupid girly scrap:sleep:. It wouldn't even surprise me if like Doug JP is used as a plot device for these two JOKE of characters and thier badly written JOKE of a relationship:mad:.
    James Sutton is a better actor then either if these two put together and to have him used like this in the abomination that is known as "Stug" is absolute BS:mad: