Kirsty The Heroine

mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
Forum Member
Absolutely love it. All the Kirsty haters choking and spluttering on their dinner as she finally comes good.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Absolutely love it. All the Kirsty haters choking and spluttering on their dinner as she finally comes good.

In a street chocker with murderers, fraudsters, rapists, arsonists & Fiz, it's heart warming to know at least one character from those tainted cobbles had decency running through every vein in her body.

Kirsty is a shining example to them all about what a thoroughly lovely human being is & should be.

A saint really.
  • warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny how you can really go off characters for a long while and then they redeem themselves in one short go.
    I really disliked her character and then last night I was so sad for her . I hope she comes back but reformed.
  • IgguldenIggulden Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    amazing; batters Tyrone black and blue for weeks, makes him go through the torment of a trial, denies him seeing his own daughter and suddenly she's a
    shining example to them all about what a thoroughly lovely human being is & should be.
    A saint really.
  • Donna65Donna65 Posts: 1,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't really get all the Kirstie "love" on this forum to be honest. Everytime I come on here I'm amazed by the comments made in support of her and the dislike some people have for Tyrone and, in particular, Fizz. Until I came on here, I would never have thought anyone would have anything against either of those two characters.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a good ending to a really good storyline and the door is open for a future return, question is if she returns will she be more of a nutter than before.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Donna65 wrote: »
    Don't really get all the Kirstie "love" on this forum to be honest. Everytime I come on here I'm amazed by the comments made in support of her and the dislike some people have for Tyrone and, in particular, Fizz. Until I came on here, I would never have thought anyone would have anything against either of those two characters.

Donna I think people dislike Fizz because of her bad-acting (that's why I do anyway:)) - I have never liked Kirsty but I am full of admiration for Natalies acting and portrayal of Kirsty - Natalie has made me hate, be terrified and also feel sorry for Kirsty.

I really like Tyrone always have done and I think Alan Halsall has created a lovely character in Tyrone. :)
  • Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a great ending for her and I felt sorry for her character but even more sorry for the viewers as we now have to sit through people groveling for weeks to Saint Fizzy Wizzy, Charlotte was right about her.
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    To be honest I am dissapointed that Kirsty had to leave. In real life people like her don't conveniently disappear once a particular situation comes to a conclusion. She is a well rounded character with both very good and very bad sides. It would have been far more interesting to see her stick around and try to redeem herself, and try to get help for the way she is. They made her into too much of a 1-dimensional cartoon villain in the latter part of the storyline but thankfully she at least redeemed herself at the very end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iggulden wrote: »
    amazing; batters Tyrone black and blue for weeks, makes him go through the torment of a trial, denies him seeing his own daughter and suddenly she's a

Don't forget he goaded that poor girl witless with his lies, secrets & blabbing, he made her life a misery.

Place was always a mess when she got home from a hard day's graft, rubbish tea on the table, the poor girl went through a living hell.

All she was guilty of was loving the buffoon.
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a tendency for people to see things in black and white but life's not like that. Kristy suffered abuse from her father and has managed eventually through her love for her daughter, to break the cycle.

She has been appalling but, through her own efforts has redeemed herself.

Tyrone wasn't screaming and gloating at her at the end, unlike moronic Fizz, and perhaps he appreciates this a bit more than his thicko lover.
  • malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was the baby ever proved to be his?
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Too littlle almost too late to be honest. Showed that Tyrone was right to be worried about her being near Ruby when she herself is worried about the same thing.
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iggulden wrote: »

Lol its funny how people see things sometimes ;)
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    I dislike fizz because of her bad acting, love for tyrone, self righteous sanctimonious attitude and gurning face.
  • ImonfireImonfire Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny how people quickly forget all the things that Tyrone and Fizz did, all for the sake of berating Kirsty.

Kirsty has a mental illness, what's Tyrone and Fizz's excuse?
  • Ginger1Ginger1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    Donna I think people dislike Fizz because of her bad-acting (that's why I do anyway:)) - I have never liked Kirsty but I am full of admiration for Natalies acting and portrayal of Kirsty - Natalie has made me hate, be terrified and also feel sorry for Kirsty.

I really like Tyrone always have done and I think Alan Halsall has created a lovely character in Tyrone. :)

I second that!
    If an actor can portray a person in such a way that makes the audience go through all these emotions then it proves what a fantastic actor they are, Natalie has played kirsty superbly, Alan also in Tyrone. Fiz ...(tumbleweed blows past) I just have a vision of a wooden rocking horse with a ginger mane !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member

Not in the slightest. Why would you think that? :confused:

Kirsty's one redeeming feature is that she loves her baby enough to be terrified of hurting her which prompted her actions. At this point in time, she knows she has no choice but to request that Ruby is returned to the safe care of her loving father Tyrone, but you can bet your life that as soon as she has received treatment for her aggression, Kirsty the Super Bitch will return the the Street creating mayhem and scheming her way into regaining custody of Ruby :mad:

My one hope is that she will somehow cross swords with the other manipulative Super Bitch on the Street, i.e. Tracey. Now that would be a confrontation worth tuning in for ;)

Oh, BTW I am not a Kirsty hater. I dislike the character but don't hate her any more than any other characters on the Street!
  • The Queen VicThe Queen Vic Posts: 5,775
    Forum Member
    In a street chocker with murderers, fraudsters, rapists, arsonists & Fiz, it's heart warming to know at least one character from those tainted cobbles had decency running through every vein in her body.

Kirsty is a shining example to them all about what a thoroughly lovely human being is & should be.

A saint really.

What a ridiculous comment.

Decency running through every vein in her body? She BEAT a man for months and then manipulated the situation as a chance to get revenge on him for something that he was driven to do by her in the first place?

I'd get a new dictionary if I were you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saint Kirsty, you couldn't make it up, no wonder we have so many dysfunctional people in the country. She was a monster and only redeemed herself at the last minute. I do worry for the sanity of some people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirsty the Super Bitch

Behave.

She has a mental illness and needs help for it.

I see you quickly forget that she helped Tina and Tommy out and lost her job because of it, if it wasn't for her, Tina would be swimming in the canal and Tommy would be with her, who knows what would have happened to the kidnapped Rita as well. Her wild imagination turned out to be true, as Tina was scheming behind her back and Tyrone and Fizz were having an affair and planned to kidnap her baby and leave the country.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She BEAT a man for months and then manipulated the situation as a chance to get revenge on him for something that he was driven to do by her in the first place?

Tyrone also couldn't be bothered to help her, She needed help and was too scared to get it. Him and his friends should have been there for her, instead of scheming behind her back, they should have been looking at ways to get her the treatment she needed.

Fizz admitted that she was trying to get Tyrone, she had no right to interfere in their relationship and should have stayed out, She was antagonising Kirsty at every opportunity she got, as was Tina as well.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Imonfire wrote: »
    Tyrone also couldn't be bothered to help her, She needed help and was too scared to get it. Him and his friends should have been there for her, instead of scheming behind her back, they should have been looking at ways to get her the treatment she needed.

Fizz admitted that she was trying to get Tyrone, she had no right to interfere in their relationship and should have stayed out, She was antagonising Kirsty at every opportunity she got, as was Tina as well.

Indeed. It is Tina and Fiz who are the real villains here whilst Tyrone is not without blame himself. Taking advantage of someone's mental illness to sneak around having cheap, dirty, depraved sex is unforgivable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Behave.

She has a mental illness and needs help for it.

I totally agree and sincerely hope she gets the help she needs. I also agree that she was the hero of the hour when she saved Tina, and have often thought that Tina should have expressed more appreciation for that!

However, despite all this, I still believe that it will always be in Kirsty's nature to be manipulative and selfish when it suits her, which the writers will be able to use for some meaty story lines in the future. After all, every good soap needs a super bitch or two to make things interesting don't you think? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After all, every good soap needs a super bitch or two to make things interesting don't you think? ;)

The thing is, she's no more of a bitch than Tina, Tracy or Leanne, there all as bad as each other.
  • Ginger1Ginger1 Posts: 417
    Forum Member

Haha you're having a laugh aren't you!!.....
    ... Forgive me if you're being serious....just like to point out that Ty did try to get kirsty to seek counseling but he found out that she had cancelled her appointments. Also why would Tina and tommy help kirsty after she tried to set Tina up when she was a police officer and then the money demands after Ty had loaned tommy his cash and thirdly after all this Tina had saw the bruises inflicted on Ty. So why would anyone in their right mind want to help someone as twisted as kirsty was, if she couldn't even help herself lol! :mad: