Dwindling interest in soaps

2»

Comments

• maggiekmaggiek Posts: 2,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd read your blog avidly OJ! :)

You are a witty lass.

There! See what I mean, Jaded? She's a keeper, Unc!
  • maggiekmaggiek Posts: 2,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BTW, my FB page is active w/ tributes to your Iron Lady this morning. Not my custom to go all political, but love her or loathe her you must say she was one hellava woman in a mans world. RIP, Lady Thatcher. I loved her!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maggiek wrote: »
    There! See what I mean, Jaded? She's a keeper, Unc!

Yep, I'm a fan Maggie!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Corrie and Hollyoaks are great at the moment but I watched Emmerdale for a bit and then lost interest. Then again, all soaps have times when they are more interesting than at others :)
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I believe DS now has a dedicated helpline for those whom a certain Mouse has led astray. It's never too late to save yourself, Q. :);)

It's to late for UQ, he's been gone for too long.

The dark side has him now. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    It's to late for UQ, he's been gone for too long.

The dark side has him now. :D

Lol, I'm a lost cause for sure Cherry! :D;)
  • janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,399
    Forum Member
    My interest in the main soaps has dwindled over the last few years. Archie's killer was probably the last storyline I really followed on EE.

The only soaps I watch regularly now are Home and Away and the new Dallas, both of which are great.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I still enjoy watching soaps but I watch them more for entertainment than quality. I know the original post mentioned American TV box sets, but I wouldn't put those in the same category of comparison with soaps. Breaking Bad, Mad Man etc. are far superior shows but they aren't meant to be compared to the likes of Corrie and Hollyoaks which I consider more of a bit of fun.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, I'm a lost cause for sure Cherry! :D;)

I found a signature for mo

<:3)~~~
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    I found a signature for mo

<:3)~~~

Awww, look at his little tail. :D
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to watch Neighbours, Hollyoaks, Coronation Street, Emmerdale and EastEnders :eek: but I've really lost interest in the soaps these days. Coronation Street is the only soap that I watch consistently. I also enjoy Hollyoaks too and watch most episodes. I catch Emmerdale every now and again. I gave up watching Neighbours years ago, and I gave up watching EastEnders recently.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to watch EE, CS, and EM. I gave up EE when it became all malice and hate, no warmth. I record EM so that I can fast forward past the unbelievable stories and bad acting, but I won't do that much longer; the casting and storylines on there are abysmal. CS I am still enjoying. It needs for the producers of soaps to watch the forums to see what the majority of viewers enjoy, and what they can't stand.