Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    What drives me nuts are inept Journalists/T. How often do we see tragic cases of child abuse/death only for the Dad to turn up and blame Social Services/Social Workers etc yet they are never questioned about how much contact THEY HAD with their own children. Baby P for exampe, had a Dad who visited him and took him for Weekends but never seems to notice the bruises and physical evidence of Long term abuse on his own child!!! We had the tragic case of an retired Nurse dying of a heart attack, she was ill all day but they were told they did not Need an ambulance!!! Why didn't the husband put his wife in the car and drive her to a Hospital!!!!! I do not understand such a passive reaction when you know your loved-one is very ill. Just to wait for a doctor who came, eventually, too late to save her. Tragic.

I'm sure that counts as a trivial thing. Seems a pretty serious and worthwhile thing to get annoyed about.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A "friend" of mine on Facebook wrote "loose" instead of "lose" on her status the other day. I gave a sarcastic reply which pointed it out. She replied that it was an easy grammatical error. NO IT BLOODY ISN'T!

I don't think it's even a grammatical error. They're different words, spelt differently and with completely different meanings!
    Facebook and twitter, just why?

How else are people supposed to show the rest of the world what wonderful lives they lead and obtain validation on everything from their choice of partner to what they're having for dinner? :p
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I don't think it's even a grammatical error. They're different words, spelt differently and with completely different meanings!

Well exactly!
  • Options
    DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hearing other girls with my daughters unusual name. It shoulnt annoy me but it does.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reversing vehicles that beep. How have we all survived so long without a beep telling us that a vehicle is reversing?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going for a breakfast in a greasy spoon and everything on the plate is the cheapest crap they could legally source. From the 85% rusk and connective tissue sausages right to the anaemic, unripe, rock-hard salad tomato. All washed down with a cup of dishwater made with the cheapest tea bags they could find.

Oh and when they give u, like, 2 mushrooms and chop it up in such a way as to make it look like more.

Grrr...

And when fish & chip places make u pay for ketchup. Got some last week and each little mini ketchup tub was bloody 25p!! I was fuming!!
  • Options
    abhabh Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when someone's mobile phns ring, they keep watching the screen thinking whether to pickup the phn or not, but let the tune running and dont even silent it till they make their decision!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you give instructions to people, and they don't understand what you've said but rather than ask for clarification they just seem to make it up as they go along, and then seem mystified when you tell them they've done the wrong thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abh wrote: »
    when someone's mobile phns ring, they keep watching the screen thinking whether to pickup the phn or not, but let the tune running and dont even silent it till they make their decision!

Even worse when they decide not to answer it, but don't decline the call instead they just let it ring. Without setting it to silent. And then the person trying to call tries again, and again..

I hate the sound of a ringing phone.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    podgicus wrote: »
    When you give instructions to people, and they don't understand what you've said but rather than ask for clarification they just seem to make it up as they go along, and then seem mystified when you tell them they've done the wrong thing.

I hate it when you give someone directions and as soon as you say "Go straight ahead..." They are off before you get the chance to say "...and then take the first left, then the second right."
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching Homes Under The Hammer at the moment and there's a bloke in there who keeps saying "you know" in the middle and the end of every sentence. It's like seeing a footballer being interviewed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not annoying as such, but it was odd:

I just got asked to sponsor the shop staff when I was at the till paying... I felt forced because I'm at a till buying things so I obviously have some amount of money... I felt bad being hesitant and saying maybe but I don't have enough to sponsor people I don't know. :|

I just don't think it was appropriate.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    The one day I don't bring in my own lunch and dough boy barely has any sandwiches :mad: every other day I always see one I fancy but I've already got my lunch waiting for me :(

Edit to add: does anyone else when eating something crunchy like crisps struggle to hear other people? All I can hear is myself crunching. I've told the person who sits opposite me at work this before but she always talks to me when I'm eating them
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you have to hold the kettle at 90 degrees to fill it with water because the sink is full of washing up. Trivial but incredibly annoying!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you have to hold the kettle at 90 degrees to fill it with water because the sink is full of washing up. Trivial but incredibly annoying!

This.

It's always the case with me even when empty because I have a stupidly small sink. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    People who pick things up in supermarkets, wander off, change mind and dump whatever they'd picked up, wherever they happen to be standing.

People eating/drinking stuff in supermarkets before they've paid for it. Are you really that hungry/thirsty that you can't wait 10 mins?

Microwave meal cellophane, where it doesn't peel off as it should and just the bit round the edge comes off.

Pour soup into mug, place in microwave, 3 secs before it's done it will bang, leaving you with a microwave roof Jackson Pollock'd in Heinz's best.

Fancy a quick game of something on the PS3 after not playing it for a while, sure, wait 7 hrs for all the latest patches and updates to download and install, by which time, the moment's gone.

When I've tried to be considerate, by pulling over to the RH lane to let someone travelling slower join a dual carriageway, why did you feel the need to proceed to race to my exact speed in clouds of Audi diesel fumes (no smoke, no poke, eh?) and drive side by side, thus trying to block my access to the next sliproad, grrrrrrrr.
  • Options
    clsyorkshireclsyorkshire Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who, on when driving on a long downward stretch, have their foot on the brake the whole way down. Don't you know that you've got gears?
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who crunch their gears while diving.
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People, usually girls or youngish women, who act like they are terrified of bees and wasps. Unless you have an allergy or a real, proper phobia, grow up and stop being so silly! They are tiny little things and their stings don't even hurt that much.

Really annoys me when you see women/girls flapping about and squealing because there's a bee or wasp flying around near them!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When my wife won't come shopping with me.
    We do a 'big shop' on a Friday or Saturday
    Sometimes I go shopping with a pre-determined plan, sometimes I just get what looks nice on the shelves and what I feel like at the time, like most people do.
    It's a disaster when she's not with me. How do I know what SHE wants to eat day to day ??
    If I just guess, she'll be "I don't like this. I don't feel like eating that, I don't fancy that this week, even though I had it LAST week" etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the supermarket, people pushing a trolley or pram containing babies or small children.
    The child is screaming it's head off, and the parents completely ignore it, and just carries on doing the shopping !
    That and the constant high-pitched "Mum mum mum mum mum"
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Oh my gawd I thought we'd lost the thread!

Me too :(
    I enjoy this thread, one of the funniest on the forum along with the worst ads thread :p
  • Options
    DolphinusDolphinus Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Parents
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Sambda wrote: »
    God - remember Derek Jameson? He was "Great British" everything. Ghastly bloke.

Didnt he used to be on Radio 2/4? :confused: I think I recall the name.
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the supermarket, people pushing a trolley or pram containing babies or small children.
    The child is screaming it's head off, and the parents completely ignore it, and just carries on doing the shopping !
    That and the constant high-pitched "Mum mum mum mum mum"

The last time I was in Tescos there were two boys who looked about 6 running up and down several aisles shouting "Neiiiigh" at the top of their voices presumably pretending to be horses.
    The parents were nowhere in sight and every so often they'd knock each other into the shelving with tins being knocked off the shelves. Little brats!
This discussion has been closed.