Metro - 10 EastEnders characters we’d like to see make a return to Albert Square

MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,391
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/09/10-eastenders-characters-wed-like-to-see-make-a-return-to-albert-square-3875032/

London newspaper Metro have published an article on who they would like to see return to Albert Square.

Do you agree?

Comments

• Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only Michelle and Grant, maybe Lisa too.

The others wouldn't be worth it, or have their whole story finished.
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,799
    Forum Member
    Pretty standard list, where's the creativity to bring back smaller characters/less well known eg Mandy or Claire to make a difference?
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think there is scope to bring back Chrissie Watts and give Sharon a good story from it.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon and Kat haven't remembered their history from Den's murder story, or from both dating Dennis himself so I'd be surprised if Chrissie and Sharon remembered each other. :D
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with all of them, except Den.
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    would love
    Grant
    Dan
    Stacey
    Zoe
    not really fussed over any of the others
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't like any old characters to return unless the writing improves and they're given good storylines. Too many classic characters have been ruined lately. But assuming the show was in a good place I'd like to see some of those mentioned in the article return.

Dan Sullivan - The man who broke Carol's heart and made her disown Bianca for a decade. One of Phil's old enemies. What would David make of him? Loads of potential for a return.

Lisa Fowler - Being the mother of Phil's daughter will always give her a reason to return. The character has the potential to return stronger and be a match for Phil but I'm not sure the writers would go there. I can't see her coming back any time soon.

Chrissie Watts - A short term return should happen at some point if Sharon sticks around. Chrissie would probably be getting out of prison soon and I'd like to see some closure to their relationship. I don't believe a long term return would work although the fact Ronnie returned to Walford after her crime makes it a bit more likely.

Zoe Slater - I wouldn't be surprised if they're already formulating plans to bring this character back. Kat is the only Slater left and Zoe was the most important part of her first stint as well as Kat/Zoe being key to the Slaters success. Will Michelle Ryan return? Despite her comments I wouldn't bet against it.

Michelle Fowler - Ian's cousin, Sharon's best mate, mother of Grant's secret child, the last (good) Fowler standing. Plenty of reasons to return if the stars align. Sadly we won't see this character again as Susan Tully doesn't act anymore and they're unlikely to recast.

Simon Wicks - There is every reason in the world for this character to return. Classic character, Ian and David's brother, Bianca's uncle, Sharon's ex fiance. The actor has retired but appeared for a few seconds at Pat's grave last year. Could he be tempted to return for longer?

Nick Cotton - I expect we'll see him again some day but his storylines became repetitive and the last one with Dotty was a joke. I loved Nick in the early days but the acting has gone downhill along with he storylines. He wouldn't be top of my list of returnees.

Den Watts - As much as I'd love this character to return, he's dead. Stupid decision but there's no going back (again).

Stacey Slater - I'd also be willing to bet the writers have begged this actress to return. Personally I don't want her back yet. Her exit as a murderer who went unpunished would seem to make a return unlikely but that's never stopped them before.

Grant Mitchell - A character who most fans want back and who could easily return at any time. Phil's brother, Sharon's ex husband, Ronnie, Roxy and Billy's cousin, strong male presence. My only issue is his last return in 2006 was extremely poor and the actor didn't seem engaged with the character anymore. While I've never liked Grant all that much he would be a welcome addition to an ailing show, along with Peggy, who I also didn't care for too much. Actor is unlikely to return long term or in the near future.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    Grant and Michelle. She had his kid and he still doesn't know about it. Unfinished business there.

Wouldn't necessarily like to see Zoe Slater back but it would be good to see wee Mo and Lynn back in the mix
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I'd swap Zoe for little Mo,Sean Slater for Den and maybe Jake Moon for Dan, but apart from that a pretty good list.
  • Shak2005Shak2005 Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick Cotton should come back either when Dot leaves/is killed off or him getting killed off at last
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Constantly harking to the past can actually stifle and damage a long term soap, I'd love to revisit my teen years but just like the bringing back of characters to a soap in most part I would be disappointed by the result, the past needs to stay in the past.
  • ameewameew Posts: 2,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Grant,Dan and Simon Wicks return out of that lot.Along with Phil and David,that could create some interesting feuds and rivalries.
  • GibsonAndyGibsonAndy Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Grant Mitchell
    Sean Slater
    Nick Cotton
    Kareena Ferreira
    Michelle Fowler
    Simon Wicks (If Nick Berry was able)
    Robbie Jackson
    Clare Bates
    Zoe Slater
    And a disgruntled relative of Reg Cox come in after 28 years wanting some answers.
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I think it's a no brainer that most want Grant back and have the Mitchell Bros ruling the roust once more. Alas, neither of them are young men now, and I do believe EE 2.0 is too centred around Brannings and teens for there to be a place for him. Then again, we'll see.

Simon: yes. Defo space for him.

Dan: Liked the character, but no way on God's green Earth would he return to a place he nearly got shot in.

Chrissie: Would be nice for there to be an episode where Sharon gets some closure with Chrissie; maybe she blames her for (very) indirectly causing Dennis' death as well as Den's. But it will never happen because a) the PTB want to forget very much about the resurrection of Den Watts and b) they just don't care enough about Sharon anymore.

Nick will come back 1 day, most likely Dot's funeral. His last stint was Santar at his worst though. Stupid, unrealistic and just... bad.

Lisa: Yeah she can come back with Louise.

Stacey: What? So the show can be all about her again? It's already in serious danger of turning into the Ronnie show once more. Then again, I'd take a week of non stop Stacey Slater instead of a scene about Lauren Branning, Stacey mark 2.

Michelle: She'll never return.

Zoe: Meh... I don't really see any point in this.
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id go for

Grant
    Michelle
    Lisa
    Jane
    Little Mo
    Dan Sullivan
    Paul Trueman
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,686
    Forum Member
    Grant and Stacey are the only ones I'd welcome back. Bring back the likes of Diane Butcher and Mandy Salter I say!
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grant and Simon definitely.

I'd also like to see Deano back. Shirley needs some family!
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grant, Chrissie and get them together just to wind up the Rickman woman.

Dan would be good too

I also liked Mel Owen
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to see the Fowler family reintroduced, Michelle, Vicki, Mark, plus new partner, possibly step-children to boot. Neighbours reintroducing a recast Brad and Lauren complete with new families around them has worked out wonderfully. I want Michelle Fowler to be given the same treatment, but the casting has to be absolutely spot on to play alongside Sharon. The only thing that could really stand in their way is how an American family will fit in in Walford, but it would be good to find out!

Zoe returning would be good, as she brought out the best in Kat. But I've always thought it would be more fun to see Belinda back as a regular, maybe with her much-mentioned-but-never-seen other half Neville. Of course, the crazed fan in me would love it even more if the whole family turned up on Kat's doorstep in the back of Charlie's cab.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did Shenice not make this list?? :mad::confused:
  • TomTom Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    Not so much a return because they weren't really seen 'on screen' but the person I'd like to see walk through the doors is Mark Fowler (JUNIOR) - Michelle's son, spawn of Grant!

I'd really like to see him turn up on Sharon's doorstep (giving her something to do, dealing with the dodgy 18 year old), and get inadvertently in trouble with some dodgy characters - realising the kid is in for a beating, Sharon is forced to turn to Phil for help. Say Mark damaged the Arches etc - Phil asks Sharon if she can give one good reason why she should help a member of the Fowler family - she tells him that Mark isn't just a Fowler - he's half Mitchell too!

Cue Phil rushing to Mark Jnrs aid - and a reunion with Dad-he-never-knew - Grant (probably off screen in Portugal).

Either way could be great television pulling on established popular characters and past storylines.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan Sullivan but Craig whathisname is abit panto at times when I see him in films/US TV these days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grant for me. Chrissie would be good but...I just don't see a way to bring her back right now, I don't trust the writers.

Nick is one that I don't really care about, I'm sick of his "I'm a changed man, Ma" sob stories and Dot getting her heart broken because of her now grown-up devil child.
  • Neil_NortonNeil_Norton Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Stacey and Sean to return would tempt me back. Add Chrissie Watts too...gives Sharon a storyline.

Now the Beales have been rebuilt...maybe bring back Sonia and Martin?
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Michelle as he matriarch of a revamped Fowler family. New Martin (if needed), New Vicki, and Michelle's own children.

Always loved the Fowlers, much missed.

Also... would LOVE Chrissie back for the classic fights with Sharon :p