GTA V Online: Are You Ready?

Comments

• HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 1.12 patch has been dubbed the 'Buzzkill' update because it offered nothing new, not even the capture creator. It took many money making glitches away as well as dropping unpopular missions (Rated under 50%) off the mission list, some of those been popular grinding missions. At this point all anyone cares about is the new garage space and the heists which we still have no date for. Capture creator should arrive tomorrow.

Rooftop Rumble is still present in my list, I boosted a couple 100k out of it yesterday. Listening to other players missions randomly disappear off the list and you have to contact the person who provides the mission to try and get it back. This happened before the latest patch as well.

You can still play Coveted if you play it via a playlist. Try adding these below to you game from the social club.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/playlists/ 6x Coveted
    http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/playlists/ 16x Coveted
  • DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    You can still play Coveted if you play it via a playlist.
    Try adding these below to you game from the social club.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/playlists/ 6x Coveted
    http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/playlists/ 16x Coveted
    I can't see the Coveted mission listed from any of those links, only mission playlists. Until I can play that mission
    and Crystal Clear Out II again, I'm done with GTA Online. I'll pop back when the heist missions are available.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Capture Creator is live now...
    DJGM wrote: »
    I can't see the Coveted mission listed from any of those links, only mission playlists. Until I can play that mission
    and Crystal Clear Out II again, I'm done with GTA Online. I'll pop back when the heist missions are available.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/playlists/playlist/-cGVdbP90ECxRg9_BtKN3Q - Try that for the 6x playlist

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/playlists/playlist/_uZIz6Q2nkmQKRiAJNNGlQ - 16x playlist

Hopefully those work, not sure what happened with the links earlier. BTW the mission picture are whited out but when I added the playlists it didn't matter. Also Rooftop Rumble is a good mission to grind if you have that open. If you can get a playlist added to your game (Maybe a google search if those links dont work) you will be able to play Coveted. You may be able to find a playlist for CCO2 but I don't play that mission so have never looked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first of those links go to a Coveted playlist, but clicking on the blank mission pics doesn't do anything,
    so how do I add any of these to the jobs list on my in-game pause menu? The second link only redirects
    to the main playlists page, and neither Coveted or Crystal Clear Out II are listed there at all.

I can't understand why Rockstar feel the need to remove missions anyway. I thought the plan was to add
    more content (not just optional free or paid DLC) and new missions as time goes on, not to take certain
    missions away just because they aren't quite as popular as the races and mindless deathmatches.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both links work but sometimes you have to load it again to actually get the playlist to show up. When the playlist loads there should be a yellow "Add to game" button, click that and it will add this playlist to your game.

Then while in the online mode you want to pause and go to the online menu, then playlists and bookmark playlists (I think) and the ones you have added should show up their.

No missions have actually been removed from the game. I would guess this is a change to one area which has had a knock on effect to other areas. Rockstar seem fairly clueless when it comes to running an online game like this. I suspect Coveted will be back in the mission list with the next update.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the playlist loads there should be a yellow "Add to game" button,
    click that and it will add this playlist to your game.
    It still doesn't work. As you suggested, I clicked the yellow "Add to game" button on the "Coveted" Playlist page,
    but that Playlist still doesn't show up in the Playlists section of the Pause menu. The mission is still unavailable.

These missions might not have been deliberately removed, but they're still unavailable for no good reason.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry mate I don't know what to suggest then, All I can say is the playlists work for me and I can still access and play that missions when I want to due to playlists.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It gets worse. My GTA Online character has disappeared! It's taken me six months of grinding and repeating
    certain missions to reach rank/level 93. I was looking forward to getting up to 100 so I could finally get my
    character to buy an RPG weapon. I still have a secondary character, but she's only up to rank/level 3!

Rockstar had better restore my rank/level to 93. I'm not spending another six months doing it manually!
    If not, I'm quitting Los Santos and moving back to Liberty City to reacquaint with a Serbian terrorist!
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Double XP and money on GTA Online for the weekend.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be more enthusiastic about that if CRockstar hadn't messed up my game by not fixing the bug that
    has caused my main GTA Online character to disappear along with its rank/level of 93, the apartment
    and garage plus and all the personal vehicles in that garage, as well as all the weapons and ammo.

If I do not get the rank/level restored, my weapons and apartment, then I'm done with GTA Online.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Boosted a bit more cash on Rooftop. I wish Rockstar would communicate what the hell is going with the online. I would have played more this weekend rather than last if I know a double XP weekend was coming. Instead they just drop it on us out of nowhere. Its anybodies guess when the High Life is actually due.

At least it proves all the cash card haters wrong, if Rockstar really wanted to push cash cards on people they wouldn't have announced the high life DLC and then given people over a month to grind cash to fill a new garage (Unless the new cars and apartments cost multiple millions each).
    I'd be more enthusiastic about that if CRockstar hadn't messed up my game by not fixing the bug that
    has caused my main GTA Online character to disappear along with its rank/level of 93, the apartment
    and garage plus and all the personal vehicles in that garage, as well as all the weapons and ammo.

If I do not get the rank/level restored, my weapons and apartment, then I'm done with GTA Online.

As long as you load the game properly, exit properly and follow all the proper bullshit when the cloud goes funny it should return as normal. Most characters that get lost now seem to be down to people overwriting their character during a cloud issue.

Sadly the whole online is half baked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patch 1.13 launched a couple of days ago along with the High Life content. This patch allows us to buy a second apartment with a second garage so we can now store 20 cars as well as move cars between garages (Perfect for my OCD as I can properly arrange my garage now).

I bought Weazel Plaza to go with my Richards Majestic apartment meaning I have both my garages near each other in walking distance. It also gives me a full 360° view of the world from both apartments (Not that I ever actually go in them any more).

Rooftop Rumble has been buffed making the enemies harder, cars turn up with extra enemies before the document drops and now the document spawn in a car outside of the garage.

Coveted is back on the pause menu of can easily be trigger again.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    I bought the 10 car garage down in the industrial part of LS - has a LS Customs just over the road from it.

Handy for quick "Baller" sales.

I've dumped the cars that I don't drive, but have partially customised, in there.

That has freed up a few garage slots in my apartment garage, so I could always stock up on "sexy" cars.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    I "accidentally" (was going to quit without saving) brought the 500k apartment, I already had the nice luxurious apartment already and this one looks far worse. I went into a new session and it saved it for me. Ugh.

Btw is anyone else having issues since the update, my ps3 keeps freezing all the time in the middle of game play and only a hard shut down sorts it out
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I "accidentally" (was going to quit without saving) brought the 500k apartment, I already had the nice luxurious apartment already and this one looks far worse. I went into a new session and it saved it for me. Ugh.

Btw is anyone else having issues since the update, my ps3 keeps freezing all the time in the middle of game play and only a hard shut down sorts it out

The new apartments are pretty poor IMHO. They look less impressive than the old none 'high life' versions and the views are bloody awful as well with Tinsel Towers been the only decent one of the new 5.

The freezing issues seem to be a common problem at the moment across both platforms, its been happening for a while now with no fixes arriving in the last couple of patches :( . This problem apparently occurs more often in public servers than it does in a private server which may explain why I haven't experience it myself too often.

We have been suffering a lot of disconnect issues lately which is starting to get annoying. As much as I love this game the issues and poor communication from Rockstar are starting to make the game more trouble than its worth now :( .
    Forum Member
    The new apartments are pretty poor IMHO. They look less impressive than the old none 'high life' versions and the views are bloody awful as well with Tinsel Towers been the only decent one of the new 5.

The freezing issues seem to be a common problem at the moment across both platforms, its been happening for a while now with no fixes arriving in the last couple of patches :( . This problem apparently occurs more often in public servers than it does in a private server which may explain why I haven't experience it myself too often.

We have been suffering a lot of disconnect issues lately which is starting to get annoying. As much as I love this game the issues and poor communication from Rockstar are starting to make the game more trouble than its worth now :( .

The freezing issue seems to have stopped in the last couple of days even though there has been no update... this is my first ever online game so I don't know if it's good or bad as I have nothing to compare it to. All I want to do is shoot people :D (I only play deathmatches, I really need to expand my GTA horizons lol)

And yeah, the new apartment is gross. I am considering just buying my old luxurious apartment back and just dumping this crappy imitation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rockstar have messed up yet again. The 1.14 title update released today comes with a compatibility pack called
    the "I'm Not A Hipster" Update. So I download and install the 1.14 title update, then download the compatibility
    pack as prompted. Now every time I try go to GTA Online, I'm prompted to download the compatibility pack
    again with the "One or more compatibility packs are required ... " alert even though it's already installed.

If I download it again, I'm alerted to the fact it's already installed, and if I press B to cancel, it instantly drops me
    back to Story Mode. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 1.14 title update and the compatibility pack twice,
    but the same thing keeps happening. Now I cannot play GTA Online at all, and I'm stuck with Story Mode.

After the disappointing let-down of Watch Dogs, I went back to GTA Online. Now I can't even do that!
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had numerous problems since the update went live earlier.

I haven't played in nearly 3 weeks but the unexpected news of a content update today made me pop the disc in and play some more.

Was working okay to being with, went back to it a few hours later and it crashed down my system on loadup.

A second time in which I was prompted to install the update which lead to a message telling me I was unable to.

A third attempt and the too often seen 'Service is unavailable' message appears and it turfs me back to single player. When I eventually get into a game it is a laggy mess, vehicles clipping all over the place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a video of the issue I've uploaded to YT ... apologies for the not very good picture quality!

GTA Online issue after Title Update 1.14
    (Best viewed at 720p)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heists are delayed, yet again.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heists are delayed, yet again.

Lol, they not in yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, they not in yet?

Ha! Not at all. Nearly 8 months since the launch of Online and one of the features pretty heavily advertised in the promotional material still hasn't surfaced yet.

The free content packs are a welcome addition, but they don't add anything game changing to the world, a few new cars, a few new items of clothing. These are interesting for a little while, but minor distractions at best.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trouble with the heists now is with ever new DLC and every delay to heists peoples expectations increase. It doesn't matter what Rockstar do now heists will be a disappointment.

I like the new cars that have been added this time, finally moving away from super cars with the new cars. I am glad compact has had a couple of new vehicles added and I like the look of the new sedan.
    Forum Member
    Rockstar have messed up yet again. The 1.14 title update released today comes with a compatibility pack called
    the "I'm Not A Hipster" Update. So I download and install the 1.14 title update, then download the compatibility
    pack as prompted. Now every time I try go to GTA Online, I'm prompted to download the compatibility pack
    again with the "One or more compatibility packs are required ... " alert even though it's already installed.

If I download it again, I'm alerted to the fact it's already installed, and if I press B to cancel, it instantly drops me
    back to Story Mode. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 1.14 title update and the compatibility pack twice,
    but the same thing keeps happening. Now I cannot play GTA Online at all, and I'm stuck with Story Mode.

After the disappointing let-down of Watch Dogs, I went back to GTA Online. Now I can't even do that!

This is a really really really long shot and I don't know if it's the same as ps3 but do you need to accept your updated terms and conditions? Is this issue happening to other users that you know of?
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rockstar addressed fan questioning in a new statement on Wednesday. "We know many fans have been eagerly awaiting the release of the Online Heists that we had planned to release for you this spring, and they are taking more time to create than originally anticipated," the firm admitted.

"We are very sorry for the delay, and are working hard to bring them to you as soon as we can. Please know that we are focused as always on making the best possible content for you to play and we are thankful to all of you for your patience, understanding and support.

"Stay tuned for more information on that as well as lots of other ongoing content updates, enhancements and additions to the world of GTA Online that are on the way."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/468836/rockstar-very-sorry-for-gta-online-co-op-heists-delay/

Keep up the great work Rockstar...