Gary Barlow : You give to Children In Need, I`ll try to avoid paying my tax.....

Justin AerialJustin Aerial Posts: 5,710
Forum Member
Is there anyone else sick to the stomach by the sight of Gary Barlow exhorting all of us to give to Children In Need whilst he, apparently, does his best to get out of paying tax on his millions.....
I really think the BBC should drop him from their Charitythons.

Comments

• CoreenBaconskinCoreenBaconskin Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking on similar lines myself. Sanctimonious hypocrite!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No because I don't read or listen to anything he says.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really think the BBC should drop their Charitythons.

Better now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not doing anything illegal, so....
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about the BBC hosting an event to raise money for charity?
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    He really wants a Knighthood, doesn't he?
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »

Bet he's gutted David Beckham is a shoein to get one this year :D
  • Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking on similar lines myself. Sanctimonious hypocrite!

He is indeed, almost as much as Jimmy Carr & Russell Brand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Avoiding crap telly seems to be the key here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dunno, I can't get angry at people or companies who legally avoid tax (evasion is a different matter). I get angry at governments who create an environment where legal tax avoidance is possible.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about the BBC hosting an event to raise money for charity?

at the very least it depends on how much it costs vs how much they raise
  • SarnSarn Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    What has he done to avoid paying taxes :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarn wrote: »

Legal things. I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hired an accountant probably
  • SarnSarn Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    Is there any source to these allegations.

Not keen on Barlow myself, but would like to read about him avoiding taxes :D
  • xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    Legal things. I think.
    If so, I actually praise him for it. :)
  • ChickenWingsChickenWings Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno, I can't get angry at people or companies who legally avoid tax (evasion is a different matter). I get angry at governments who create an environment where legal tax avoidance is possible.

Why though - genuine question, not trying to be funny.

I've never understood why people say it's legal / therefore I am not mad about it.

I've got a housemate who fills up the little toilet bin in the bathroom with her bloodied tampons, yet hasn't emptied it once since she's been here. She lets it overflow. Bloody disgusting, making me, the only male up here, have to do it, despite me not ever using it. It's so gross I just can't leave it!

Perfectly legal, but gets right on my tits - the bloody cheek of her!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :o
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won`t give any money to BBC related Charitythons till they stop wasting Money & Food on shows.

How much food is wasted on Masterchef..

Why send a gang of presenters to foreign sports competitions just to sit in a studio and talk about it. The thing`s are televised so they could just watch em here :mad:
  • xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    I won`t give any money to BBC related Charitythons till they stop wasting Money & Food on shows.

Why send a gang of presenters to foreign sports competitions just to sit in a studio and talk about it. The thing`s are televised so they could just watch em here :mad:
    Would you have criticized Masterchef in the same way back in the 1990s when it first started? :confused:
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »

What an excellent idea!

Although, having said that, my Dad had a great time flying around Mexico with Bobby Charlton, Jimmy Hill and other BBC presenters translating for them during the 1986 World Cup in Mexico, so I am a bit of a hypocrite :D:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've never understood why people say it's legal / therefore I am not mad about it.

I've got a housemate who fills up the little toilet bin in the bathroom with her bloodied tampons, yet hasn't emptied it once since she's been here. She lets it overflow. Bloody disgusting, making me, the only male up here, have to do it, despite me not ever using it. It's so gross I just can't leave it!

Perfectly legal, but gets right on my tits - the bloody cheek of her!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :o

Probably because if I had that wealth I would use the avoidance loopholes myself.

Thinking about it, I am guilty of a little tax avoidance myself. After all, tax relief on pensions and ISA accounts are a form of tax avoidance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »

Didn't he get one for that awful Olympics song? Or was it a jubilee song? Or a wedding song? I have festivity confusion.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How strange.:confused:
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And it's not just him either......:eek:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2012/jun/20/take-that-tax-avoidance-investigation
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Thinking about it, I am guilty of a little tax avoidance myself. After all, tax relief on pensions and ISA accounts are a form of tax avoidance.
    For heaven's sake - it isn't the same thing! Yes - we get tax relief on ISA accounts - but this is AFTER we've paid our taxes via PAYE!

And for all those applauding Barlow and others like him (I'm guessing over 3/4 of those on the show tonight do the same as him) will also clap their hands and cheer every time there is an announcement of hospital ward closures, cut-backs to the police and emergency services and military personnel going into war zones without proper equipment - because THAT is the result of people and organisations 'legally' avoiding their taxes.