Options

Luisa and Jim

patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I don't like either of them and wish the board wasn't so full of angst on either side.

Let's start with Jim. He is a grumpy old sod and the details of the Linda situation are obviously much more complicated than we are privy to. He has had digs at her. She has had digs at him. It's been a fairly regular occurrence and they both play wounded fairly sweetly. If he wanted to go to bed at 12 o'clock in absolute dark and quiet every night; he should have resigned himself to abdicating that desire until the paycheck for CBB cleared. Luisa is a whiny irritant, but he was going on CBB. What - exactly - did he expect? More interestingly, why is it only ever the women he has a problem with? Lee and Dappy and to a (much) lesser extent, Ollie, have all joined in with the frivolity. But Jim's gripes in relation to high jinx have explicitly excluded them from blame. Why?

Now - Luisa. She's embarrassingly desperate and her voice. Good GOD..... her voice!!!! I cannot abide that faux toddler BS she pulls every. single. time. someone calls her on her behaviour. Luisa's issue with Jim is that he doesn't think she's wonderful. Luisa expects everyone to think she's wonderful. She's a spoiled, annoying little madam, as deep as a puddle and roughly half as interesting.

I like neither; but they've both contributed to an interesting series because their egos have robbed them of guile.

I'm just fascinated that so many people like either of them.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-one else, then? :D
  • Options
    kate03kate03 Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'll join if we can add Linda too. All three of them are getting on my nerves.

And I'm saying that as one who has previously stuck up for Luisa, although it was Jasmine I found more interesting to watch.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Be fair, you started the thread at stupid o' clock in the morning :D

On the occasion where Jim ended up sleeping on the floor near Dappy's bed it was something like 2 in the morning. It's not unreasonable to want to be able to sleep then.
  • Options
    Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

On the occasion where Jim ended up sleeping on the floor near Dappy's bed it was something like 2 in the morning. It's not unreasonable to want to be able to sleep then.

Hi V :) It was actually 3am, a very reasonable time imo to expect some sleep.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Pices-55 wrote: »
    Hi V :) It was actually 3am, a very reasonable time imo to expect some sleep.

Is the WHATM thread still going here? :D How do you guys know what time it was. Genuine question BTW. Maybe I missed it on the show. :blush:
  • Options
    JJ69JJ69 Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's more Luisa's 'noise' that keeps him awake. Some noises you can let go over your head but if someone has a high pitch screech in the bedroom that really does get under you skin your not going to get any kip.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kate03 wrote: »
    I'll join if we can add Linda too. All three of them are getting on my nerves.

And I'm saying that as one who has previously stuck up for Luisa, although it was Jasmine I found more interesting to watch.

I'd be all for that. I don't think Linda's the witch that she's being painted on here, mind. She doesn't like him. There's a fair bit of history there. I think they've been dancing around each other since the start.

I don't like any of the housemates this year apart from Ollie; but it's still a very entertaining series.

I couldn't sleep. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be all for that. I don't think Linda's the witch that she's being painted on here, mind. She doesn't like him. There's a fair bit of history there. I think they've been dancing around each other since the start.

I don't like any of the housemates this year apart from Ollie; but it's still a very entertaining series.

I couldn't sleep. :blush:

I don't like any of them including Ollie, but agree with you regarding it being very entertaining. Probably one of the best in that respect. :)
  • Options
    Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kate03 wrote: »
    Is the WHATM thread still going here? :D How do you guys know what time it was. Genuine question BTW. Maybe I missed it on the show. :blush:

It was from Marcus's narrating on the highlights when he says the time.:)
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    I may have liked Jim more if there wasn't so much bias towards him on here.

I do find him grumpy at times, but I put that down to when he doesn't get his own way.

Luisa I'm not keen on at all and never have been. I can't stand the baby voice or her liking the sound of it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    I don't like either of them and wish the board wasn't so full of angst on either side.

Let's start with Jim. He is a grumpy old sod and the details of the Linda situation are obviously much more complicated than we are privy to. He has had digs at her. She has had digs at him. It's been a fairly regular occurrence and they both play wounded fairly sweetly. If he wanted to go to bed at 12 o'clock in absolute dark and quiet every night; he should have resigned himself to abdicating that desire until the paycheck for CBB cleared. Luisa is a whiny irritant, but he was going on CBB. What - exactly - did he expect? More interestingly, why is it only ever the women he has a problem with? Lee and Dappy and to a (much) lesser extent, Ollie, have all joined in with the frivolity. But Jim's gripes in relation to high jinx have explicitly excluded them from blame. Why?

Now - Luisa. She's embarrassingly desperate and her voice. Good GOD..... her voice!!!! I cannot abide that faux toddler BS she pulls every. single. time. someone calls her on her behaviour. Luisa's issue with Jim is that he doesn't think she's wonderful. Luisa expects everyone to think she's wonderful. She's a spoiled, annoying little madam, as deep as a puddle and roughly half as interesting.

I like neither; but they've both contributed to an interesting series because their egos have robbed them of guile.

I'm just fascinated that so many people like either of them.

I don't think Jim went in there to be a grumpy old man, it's just turned out that way, however we all know Linda went in there with a grudge against Jim and was quick to spread her poison getting the girls onside, Jasmine and Luisa wanted to see this Jim who Linda spoke of, the one who could turn very nasty, so they tried there best to achieve that, Jasmine left but Luisa isn't a girl who gives in easy, and with Linda on the side-line ready to put the boot in at any given opportunity Luisa thinks it's funny....Is it any wonder Jim has turned into MR Grumpy The boys do appear to have some respect for Jim.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who do you know that screams like that and is 26 years old - she has made it her mission along with Linda to annoy him - who is she anyways she was not even known 6 months ago ?
  • Options
    LeviathainLeviathain Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jim isn't grumpy, it's only Luisa who keeps calling him a 'grumpy old bastard' because he doesn't choose to get drunk and run around like a giggly teenager.

Jim is no more grumpy than some of the other HMs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Let's start with Jim...More interestingly, why is it only ever the women he has a problem with?

Jim doesn't have a problem with the women, he gets on perfectly well with Casey, Sam and Liz, and previously with Jasmine. The problems he has are with Linda who has carried a grudge against him for over 20 years, and Luisa who says she hates him.

It is telling how they view their relationship, Luisa saying she'll "piss him off" all day and Jim saying "she's someone I'll have to keep my distance from"

It's not Jim having a problem with women it's Linda and Luisa having a problem with Jim.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leviathain wrote: »
    Jim isn't grumpy, it's only Luisa who keeps calling him a 'grumpy old bastard' because he doesn't choose to get drunk and run around like a giggly teenager.

He's definitely not the only one - no. Every time music has been played in, a few of them have stayed resolutely glued to the sofas. I'm not 26 anymore, but I'd definitely be up lepping about with the young ones. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trinculo wrote: »
    Jim doesn't have a problem with the women, he gets on perfectly well with Casey, Sam and Liz, and previously with Jasmine. The problems he has are with Linda who has carried a grudge against him for over 20 years, and Luisa who says she hates him.

It is telling how they view their relationship, Luisa saying she'll "piss him off" all day and Jim saying "she's someone I'll have to keep my distance from"

It's not Jim having a problem with women it's Linda and Luisa having a problem with Jim.

You've missed my point. Anyway, he didn't get on with Jasmine at all and I find him very dismissive of Casey and Sam - much more so than the fatherly approach he takes with Lee and Dappy.

My point was that he seems to excuse the boys' role in the joviality completely.
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Trinculo wrote: »

Does Jim get along with Sam? He nominated her didn't he?

I know he states he 'can't bear fat women' :(
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jim is often very grumpy! I quite like that about him.
  • Options
    AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Jim get along with Sam? He nominated her didn't he?

I know he states he 'can't bear fat women' :(

Who did Sam nominate? Sorry, why have nominations if nobody should be nominated. What was Sam's reason to nominate Jim, something along the lines he has done nothing wrong, but Linda does not like him.

With regards him not liking a certain type of woman, well do you like everybody and never prejudge a person? Must admit I have pre-judged and found myself in the wrong as they were not the person I assumed them to be. Both positively and negatively.
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Almost choked at the suggestion that he got on well with Jasmine.
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with your assessment patsy and Jim is either dismissive or condescending to the females while excusing and high fiving the lads, doing the same things.I don't like him and if he wanted early nights quiet why go in the BB house.
    If you have anger issues and had therapy why go into a pressured environment like the BB house. Jims problems are his, why should the other Hm's have to tolerate his lack of tolerance and grumpiness.Why should they tiptoe around him or walk on eggshells.Lionel is 80 and he joined in more and was way less grumpy.
    The guy has anger issues and a history of extreme aggression against women but not men.
    I cant believe the love for him here or the dismissive attitude to his abusive past behaviour.Abusive men dont change, plenty women know this and have the scars to prove it..They can exercise restraint, when they choose to. They say sorry. But when they want to exercise power and control through fear, they choose to abuse and intimidate.Jim is such a man and I cannot bring myself to support him.

As for him being bullied don't make me laugh.Linda is not perfect and does invite confrontation and Luisa is a silly girl trying to act tough but Jim is able to give as good as he gets usually passive aggressive style.He is good at playing the victim though. Loathsome man.
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Proof that Jim's fans are blind to his faults.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I don't like any of them very much in that I'd want to be their friends but I find being a seasoned watcher of BB that even when I do like a housemate I usually end up sick of the sight of them by the end.

It's more about them being interesting as this will always keep you keen to watch and enjoy and I find Jim, Linda, Luisa and Liz interesting.

I couldn't give a damn about Sam and Olly and am bored senseless with Lee, Casey and Dappy so I am very pleased Jim and Luisa are on this BB to keep my interest going.
  • Options
    snarieksnariek Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I missed have missed the part where Luisa made him sleep on the floor instead of his bed for the entire night, and the part where she asked BB to lock the door so he couldn't get out.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    snariek wrote: »
    I missed have missed the part where Luisa made him sleep on the floor instead of his bed for the entire night, and the part where she asked BB to lock the door so he couldn't get out.

I think Jim is quite proud and defensive and doesn't take being laughed at very well. He said Luisa was calling him the grim reaper whenever he walked over to his bed and of course BB locked the bedroom door so he went to sleep on the floor.

I like Jim and Luisa :blush: Well as housemates anyway :)