Goonies sequel ''is happening''...

Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
Forum Member
i say it in inverted comma's, because it is according to trash site TMZ. BUT there is a video aswell.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/05/richard-donner-goonies-sequel-finally-happening/

thoughts ?

Comments

• CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    B@stards.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I will believe it when they start filming on it!
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No no no no no no no

Don't ruin a classic please
  • Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    No no no no no no no

Don't ruin a classic please

It'll probably just go straight to DVD like the crap sequels to other classics such as 'The Lost Boys' and 'Wargames'.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave3622 wrote: »
    It'll probably just go straight to DVD like the crap sequels to other classics such as 'The Lost Boys' and 'Wargames'.

If they do make it and it's sh*t I just won't watch it and pretend it doesn't exist (Dirty Dancing 2 is a good example of this)
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,252
    Forum Member
    it will probably be the kids of Josh Brolin's character or something. Things like this almost never work.
  • Alex_Davies1973Alex_Davies1973 Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes ,,,
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Variety is reporting it as well (via the director) so it has a bit more credence now.

Not sure what to make of the idea myself...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Variety is reporting it as well (via the director) so it has a bit more credence now.

Not sure what to make of the idea myself...

and sean austin said so on facebook
  • Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In before "Hey, you guys!"
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave3622 wrote: »

o_0 I know there's a pending remake of Wargames, but a sequel? It's almost as weird as learning there will be sequels to I Am Legend and Casablanca.

Didn't Joshua learn his lesson, anyway? Or is the sequel using one of those 'teenage son/daughter of the original protagonist gets into trouble' ideas?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The main cast are in their late 30s to mid 40s now
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    It'll probably end up like Ghostbusters 3 and spend an eternity in production limbo.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Johnny English 2 was one of the worst moves of this decade, the absence of Ben Miller and Natalie is probably why it sank. Rowan's ego must of been to play to think he could carry a sequel.

Josh Brolin's kids would be in their mid 20's so that would not work.
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Oh please, please, please............... say it isn't true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I really don't know what to make of this. I guess it could be OK if the original director and cast members do both return. Maybe the story will involve the children of the original characters having an adventure or something, maybe the original characters will reunite for some reason and have another adventure themselves. I'm always down for more Martha Plimpton, she's awesome, it's just a shame that Anne Ramsey and John Matuszak both died way back in the 1980s.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never got the love for Goonies . it was just a lot of shouting and noise .

• SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    I never got the love for Goonies . it was just a lot of shouting and noise .

Get out. >:(
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I was excited to finally get some decent news regarding a sequel as it has been talked about for a good 20 years now, I'm not sure how it will work. Best possible solution would be to have the kids of the original gang meeting up for some type of adventure which requires the adults to get back together to sort things out.

Wonder how they will explain Chunks weight loss though lol
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    I think it could work, with a good script. There's a gap at the moment for some old-fashioned, non-CGI family adventure movies looking for lost treasure. A new Indiana Jones or Goonies film could do well.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    Josh Brolin's kids would be in their mid 20's so that would not work.

Josh Brolin wouldn't be playing himself though, his character Brandon Walsh could easily have Goonie-aged kids.
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normally I'd be like nooo stop ruining the classics and I did have fond memories of watching it as a kid but I watched it recently and it's actually pretty cheesy. So I don't think having another go at it is such a bad idea.