its a fix

2»

Comments

• shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbeez1 wrote: »
    and surprise surprise the favorite didn't win (rolleyes) ,& also the worst of the 4 wins again >:( i give up with this show >:(

Oh dear oh dear you mean the one you liked didn't win and now you're having a childish strop.
  • benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    Oh dear oh dear you mean the one you liked didn't win and now you're having a childish strop.

have i stated who was my favorite no , so how am i having a strop that my ''favorite'' didn't win ( ROLLEYES ) , i couldn't care less who won
  • BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adamski94 wrote: »
    Simon is probably having the best night of year as he is the real winner while his acts get hit records the voice scrap the bottom of the barrel

Simon Cowell has a big record promoting company behind him
    The BBC does not
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    It wasn't a fix if you go on twitter he had the most support and the most followers out of the four finalists plus his final performance sealed it .

I don't think he'll do all that well in the business to be honest, the best I see him will be a one hit wonder. To be fair although I watched the voice final it just didn't have any pazzazz and I found it very boring in places. Apparently it was the least watched final of all 3, people just didn't give a damn who was in the final basically. :cool:

Also I believe that the voice needs a new executive producer, not at all convinced by moira ross. She wasn't that great at running strictly to be fair, it became less about dancing but more about props and i believe she is making similar mistakes on the voice for all different reasons. If she voice wants to survive it needs a change in direction pretty immediately, well in my books anyway. :)
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    If anything it showed that the competition is wide open. On here it was a foregone conclusion that it was either Sally or Christina-Marie who would take the crown. Even after the duets it was assumed by most (myself included - and I was voting for him!) that Jermain would be first out.

Jermain winning last night was great for the programme on so many levels. I know there's a thread saying that women find it difficult to win but, let's be frank a young black man (no matter how talented) would usually be the rank outsider. The Voice "may" manipulate who will get to the final but, unlike other shows we honestly don't know who is going to win and that has to be good for the show.

I've read several posters saying that we don't get long enough to build up a rapport with the contestants but, having seen what happens on TXF I don't thing that is a bad thing. We've seen far too many talented contestants lose out to tabloid spin once it looks as if they're threatening "the chosen one".

I honestly don't believe it was fixed, I just think that on the night one person wanted it more and left EVERYTHING on the stage once he finished singing his final song. The audience and viewers saw this and reacted accordingly. No fix, just appreciation from the viewers and audience for a truly exceptional performance

Congratulations Jermain you were great on the night and thoroughly deserved your win. :)
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benbeez1 wrote: »
    have i stated who was my favorite no , so how am i having a strop that my ''favorite'' didn't win ( ROLLEYES ) , i couldn't care less who won

Well your favourite obviously wasn't Jermain, given that you called him "the worst of the 4". That would tell me your favourite didn't win... And you do sound like you're having a strop about it.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could tell by the online reaction that he got a lot of converts with his performance.
    You could tell from the judges reactions they were surprised.
    Fix? No. Get over yourself OP.
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    I find it hilarious that some people can't or won't accept that the best person won fairly and squarely.

I have a suspicion that some of those that really liked Christina Marie and Sally desperately wanted to be able to say to those of us who have been critical of them 'stuff you lot - they won anyway'. The fact they can't, really irks them big time. We, who didn't like or rate them, can smugly say 'see, told you they weren't any good' and bask at leisure in our superior musical judgement.

Mind you, if that Christina Marie had won I would have been more than a little bit p*****d off!
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Stegan wrote: »
    I find it hilarious that some people can't or won't accept that the best person won fairly and squarely.

I have a suspicion that some of those that really liked Christina Marie and Sally desperately wanted to be able to say to those of us who have been critical of them 'stuff you lot - they won anyway'. The fact they can't, really irks them big time. We, who didn't like or rate them, can smugly say 'see, told you they weren't any good' and bask at leisure in our superior musical judgement.

Mind you, if that Christina Marie had won I would have been more than a little bit p*****d off!

Christina and sally will probably do better anyway now that the voice has ended. After all sometimes the non winners do better than the winners same applies with the x factor. Trouble with Christina is when she got out of tune it got a bit messy and that's when she shouted rather than singing. Also with jermain, he had a more entertaining number with will so that would have pulled in more votes for him. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't read all the replies but I can't really see how it could be a fix?! True, they can manipulate things enough to get those who they want to the semis but after that, it's up to the viewing public.

However, I do agree that Will probably has known Jermain longer than just briefly meeting him 2(?) years ago. I saw Jermain being interviewed on bbc breakfast this morning and he said he had auditioned for the first series of the voice.

As for whether he should have won or not? Based on their vocal abilities, I think all 3 acts performed well (APART from that willy wonka turn). I have to admit I was a bit shocked he won but good luck to him!