Christina Marie will rise above not winning

2»

Comments

• scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will only happen if someone signs her. Her personal fanbase is relatively small, few twitter followers and YouTube account followers. She could go down the root of theatre.
  • TheBlueOneTheBlueOne Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will only happen if someone signs her. Her personal fanbase is relatively small, few twitter followers and YouTube account followers. She could go down the root of theatre.

Everyone starts out 'small', but Simon Cowell attributes the success of One Direction down to the fans tireless support. If the small number she has now are vocal in support and spreading the word, then it'll grow. Because you could even then pinpoint the success of lots of acts 'discovered' on Youtube - Bieber, Mahone etc.
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheBlueOne wrote: »
    Everyone starts out 'small', but Simon Cowell attributes the success of One Direction down to the fans tireless support. If the small number she has now are vocal in support and spreading the word, then it'll grow. Because you could even then pinpoint the success of lots of acts 'discovered' on Youtube - Bieber, Mahone etc.

Maybe but she has nothing like the following they had now that the show is over.
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a sidenote: I keep reading people talking about 'personality' as if personality had intrinsic worth. I suppose it has, post-Big Brother. But character is the deeper thing.

[returns to serious nineteenth-century novel... :p]
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    People saying she was void of personality or likeability?! more like you just didn't like her to begin with

and as for belting & shouting out songs I don't think so, absolutely laughable she had a lot of control on the final night
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People saying she was void of personality or likeability?! more like you just didn't like her to begin with

and as for belting & shouting out songs I don't think so, absolutely laughable she had a lot of control on the final night

I didn't find her unlikeable and I thought she had a lot of personality, but I also thought she appeared very rehearsed and stage school-ish in her responses. It could just have been nerves, but it came across to me as a bit insincere and that made warming to her more difficult for me than I found it with the others.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't take it seriously, a few people also said leah mcfall shouted which is equally hilarious. They must be deaf, how can you not tell the difference between shouting and having a huge voice? It's boring and inaccurate.

Women on these shows can't win, they get deemed unlikable for no reason. She cried on the first show! She told the band how she wanted to sing her song! What a horrible person hey?
  • DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she wasn't demure and shy, which how some people prefer their females they try and put her down with negative views on her personality - unlikeable being one, well I like her personality and her voice.

I do hope she gets signed.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't care about personality. It is basic musicianship that she lacks.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Disagree about having a lot of control on the night.

In Power Of Love she sung the most horrendous string of notes and lost COMPLETE control of her voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABauzZBx5q8

Nothing from 1.44 screams "in control" to me whatsoever, and was probably the most off string of notes the entire night.
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    The hypocrisy on this thread and others is laughable. Just because Christina Marie didn't win, we get from her supporters that talent shows are rubbish, winners don't do much anyway, mysogyny at work, it's a fix, she never got given a chance blah blah blah. Next it'll be we should just scrap The Voice - because our favourite didn't ruddy well win!

Of course, If Christina had actually WON, those desperately supporting her wouldn't be saying any of these things would they? I'm afraid all we are hearing is sour grapes from a bunch of very bad losers.

Just get to grips with the fact that she wasn't anything special and she won't be heard from ever again other than maybe the odd apearance in her local doing Karaoke. I really want to see and hear someone extra special on these types of shows - she wasn't it
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem I have (and my friends have) with her is she is annoying. She can sing in tune, but that's all she's got going for her. There have been lots of singers on talent shows in the past of her calibre who have come to nothing. Good luck to her but I will never be a fan unless she tones down her 'personality'. If she releases good songs I may listen/buy but will never rush out to buy anything by her.
  • DirtyhippyDirtyhippy Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    The problem I have (and my friends have) with her is she is annoying. She can sing in tune, but that's all she's got going for her. There have been lots of singers on talent shows in the past of her calibre who have come to nothing. Good luck to her but I will never be a fan unless she tones down her 'personality'. If she releases good songs I may listen/buy but will never rush out to buy anything by her.

You are more annoying though.
    Forum Member
    Dirtyhippy wrote: »
    You are more annoying though.

Haha made me LOL
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »

How is she annoying? Because she cried? Because she showed excitement and enthusiasm? It is bizarre what it takes for a woman on these shows to be called annoying these days and very unfair.

You and your friends seem more annoying :p
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is she annoying? Because she cried? Because she showed excitement and enthusiasm? It is bizarre what it takes for a woman on these shows to be called annoying these days and very unfair.

It's true and on the other pole, people criticise Sally for not showing enough emotion. Jeez, what is a woman to do? :o I can understand the appeal of the burka. No one could know if we were laughing or crying or being satirical. Or maybe we should bring back the hand fan as a fashion accessory.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    Or maybe we should bring back the hand fan as a fashion accessory.

I would love that :blush:
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I just think she seemed extremely false. I never believed any of the emotions she was showing. It's a shame people always jump to the conclusion it's because she's female but I guess it's an easy way to dismiss opinions you don't agree with.
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    It's true and on the other pole, people criticise Sally for not showing enough emotion. Jeez, what is a woman to do? :o I can understand the appeal of the burka. No one could know if we were laughing or crying or being satirical.
    On a late night and bad hair day I really do see that appeal. ;-)
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    None of the artists on the voice get the kind of fan base that shows like X-Factor produce because they get only a fraction of the screen time. Artists get wittled down extremely quickly and we only get to see a few solo performances before it's all over.

The BBC 2 spin-off helped this year but I'm not surprised we haven't had any voice contestant break out into the mainstream yet.

I think Christina has a lot of potential but I do think that she needs to reign in her performances sometimes and I think Ricky was probably complicit in encouraging bad habits in that regard. Having said that, that sort of thing is easily fixed. With the right guidance I think she can be great and I wish her every success :)
    Forum Member

Annoying is people Like Tamera on XFactor, the voice doesn't even give people enough air time to become annoying