Forum Member
✭✭
Now that's a saucy title ! :)

Comments

• Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol! My tv was showing 'new services found' this morning, retuned and found this, it's on Channel 96 in an 'overspill' section, as there is also a slide on Channel 95 stating that "Childrens channels are now listed between 96-99 and 120-129".

Which mux is this on btw?
  • Options
    philenglandphilengland Posts: 8,178
    Forum Member
    http://ketchuptv.co.uk/

could explain Ketchup TV
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Lol! My tv was showing 'new services found' this morning, retuned and found this, it's on Channel 96 in an 'overspill' section, as there is also a slide on Channel 95 stating that "Childrens channels are now listed between 96-99 and 120-129".

It's not listed on the Digital UK site yet.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/industry/Channels/channel_listings

From the look of things though it's a streamed service as the FAQ section in the link provided by philengland says this...
    Can I access Ketchup TV on any TV?

No, Ketchup TV is currently only available on a Samsung SMART TV that is connected to the internet. Ketchup TV will be available on Freeview TV’s that are connected to the internet in the Autumn of 2015.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS Invisible Post bump
  • Options
    BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LCN95 is on COM5 and LCN96 Ketchup TV is on COM4 at present.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    It's not listed on the Digital UK site yet.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/industry/Channels/channel_listings

From the look of things though it's a streamed service as the FAQ section in the link provided by philengland says this...

Seems it appeared on the DigitalUK listing a bit after I posted the above
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Seems a bit strange allowing this channel to be further up the listing than all the other kids channels in the 120s and all the other streamed channels in the 200s? Further evidence of the pigs ear of a mess they continue to make with the EPG.
  • Options
    kasgkasg Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Seems a bit strange allowing this channel to be further up the listing than all the other kids channels in the 120s
    There is no space left in the 120s. Digital UK announced this temporary overflow a while back.
  • Options
    chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    kasg wrote: »
    There is no space left in the 120s. Digital UK announced this temporary overflow a while back.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/industry/About_DTT/statements

No sign of the consultation yet.
  • Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,247
    Forum Member
    There's nothing on my screen, not even a message saying I need a different kind of tuner. :( The channel does does display in the EPG though.
  • Options
    YouViewYouView Posts: 2,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So clunky having the Children's over spill section lower down the EPG than the main section, hope they can tidy that up.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisy wrote: »
    Sort of proves my point of their inability to plan ahead and make decent provision for each genre in advance on the EPG to avoid situation of having to create an overflow section.

Also, why was Ketchup not just simply put in the streamed section for now, it is not a linear channel?
  • Options
    kasgkasg Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Also, why was Ketchup not just simply put in the streamed section for now, it is not a linear channel?
    Kids genre takes preference over everything else, witness the placing of CBBC HD and CBeebies HD.
  • Options
    big janniebig jannie Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Twice I got Ketchup TV on freeview 96. Twice it stopped my Sky picture coming through plus some of my terrestrial programme s. I had to turn everything off wait then turn on again. Why? Very odd that . Maybe I should get the app?