Did The Simpsons lose its way, in an effort to become family friendly?

2»

Comments

• bazzaboy45bazzaboy45 Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Watch futyrama, it has a similar humor to the old simpsons.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    The problem with the Simpsons is that they have done every story that is humanly possible for a cartoon and now they don't know what to do and they are treading water, as the producers and script writers pick up there handsome pay checks. The best thing to do is the end show before it becomes a complete embarrasement, as it is a shadow of the show it once was.

Too late for that!
  • Jack-UKJack-UK Posts: 1,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm almost finished watching the complete season 23, it isn't too bad, I enjoyed the episode where Bart wanted to stay on the cruise ship and went out of his way to ensure that. The plots are still good but have definately changed.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adamsk wrote: »
    They did the episode with Lady Ga Ga recently and it was a flop.And the ratings for it were kind of half and half not like the ones from the early years.
    That was one of the most dire Simpsons episode I've seen. As someone else said in another thread, it was like a trial run for a Lady Gaga cartoon - with a bit of Simpsons characters thrown in.

I've always stuck up for this programme/cartoon in the past, and it still does have some amusing moments in the newer Simpsons, but that episode was real eye opener for me as to how bad it can be.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady Gaga episode. How on earth did that get aired? It was absolutely horrible. Some of the regulars seemed to take on entirely new personalities for the ep too. Seems it was all created just to kiss Gaga's arse. I have never seen an episode hogged so much by one celeb.