12345679»

Comments

• White MonkWhite Monk Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Park wrote: »
    Where are these tests please?

Way off topic, but here goes :)

Apart from Astra 28E, I've got Astra 19.2E, Hotbird 13E and Eutelsat 5A at 5W on my satellite feed to my Samsung TV. I've also popped a Fransat CAM and card into the CI+ slot for good measure.

Details of all the services available from these birds are available from several sites, e.g. Kingofsat and Lyngsat. There are several which are FTA and some which aren't. Look for transponders which broadcast in DVB-S2 and HEVC/UHD.

As I said previously, seeing transmissions these were a bonus as I didn't realise when I bought the TV that current Samsung TVs with satellite tuners have these decoders built in :o
  • BrunelBrunel Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    The sound problem appears to be all sorted.

TV sound is all present and correct.
  • BrunelBrunel Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    I Rx'd the key today with T-NT14UDEUC the folder is all there and is recognised in the root.

It will not install, tried several times.

Previous software, which did install T-MST9DEUC

SAMSUNG 32EH5000K
  • captainhaddockcaptainhaddock Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    Brunel wrote: »
    I Rx'd the key today with T-NT14UDEUC the folder is all there and is recognised in the root.

It will not install, tried several times.

Previous software, which did install T-MST9DEUC

SAMSUNG 32EH5000K

looks like it's the wrong software for your tv T-NT14UDEUC is for the H series you need the E series update.
  • Prestonian_123Prestonian_123 Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Has anyone noticed slight blips in the sound on the HD showings of the Euros over the past couple of weeks - the sound drops for a split second. Just wondering whether there is any connection with the sound issues on this thread.
  • captainhaddockcaptainhaddock Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    Has anyone noticed slight blips in the sound on the HD showings of the Euros over the past couple of weeks - the sound drops for a split second. Just wondering whether there is any connection with the sound issues on this thread.

I've had minor sound issues during the day on ITV HD on various programmes with occasional blips, not sure if the problems are related to the original sound issues though.
  • martin_kmartin_k Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Has anyone noticed slight blips in the sound......

Yes. I've noticed occasional 'pops' and 'cracks' since applying the firmware update. I can't say for sure that they never happened before however. I wasn't thinking about such things previously.

Do seem to get more of them on ITV HD, and on live broadcasts, so the footy has confirmed to me that they are recurring.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lost Com 7 with 5 usa, vintage tv, cbs drama, rishty etc :(
  • David ParkDavid Park Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Some time back I mentioned my Samsung TV UE55HU7500 and picture break up on HD Freeview channels.
    I contacted Samsung and my supplier Richer Sounds a while back who admitted a problem since HD transmission change.
    They were to do some new firm wear and testing and I now have a USB Key with the upgrade, have done the upgrade yesterday and now no picture break ups.
    RS were good in loaning me a HD Freeview box whilst this was being looked into.
  • pad-epad-e Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good, because my Samsung can be very temperamental with the HD channels. I hope this upgrade is released soon.
  • David ParkDavid Park Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    pad-e wrote: »
    Good, because my Samsung can be very temperamental with the HD channels. I hope this upgrade is released soon.

It is available but you will have to go through Samsung Support as it can't be done in the usual way it is sent out out by post on a USB Key.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting some picture freezes in fast movements now, it wasn't too bad until the sound fix firmware update.

Get one fix and back comes another :mad:
  • Denco1Denco1 Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone struggling to receive COM7? I'm still receiving COM8 fine, but COM7 is right on the digital cliff. Digital UK states possible weak signal.
    Edit: All fine now.
  • anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denco1 wrote: »
    Anyone struggling to receive COM7? I'm still receiving COM8 fine, but COM7 is right on the digital cliff. Digital UK states possible weak signal.
    Edit: All fine now.

There have been some daytime power reductions on comms 7&8, I noted one this Saturday afternoon, for maintenance. Someone on another forum claims the power reduction was 6db but I have no way of confirming that. That person was using a group C/D loft aerial which is not suitable for the channels used by comm 7&8 from Winter Hill unless you are in a strong signal area. The answer is a new wideband aerial mounted at roof height by a reputable rigger.