Hochanda

eladkseeladkse Posts: 1,948
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Finally seems to be branching out to it's own channel, which is nice.

Can't help but notice that chrisy hasn't been able to able to pick it up (yet) in Wales. Anyone else who can confirm this? If so, True Entertainment might be seeing a reduction in hours pretty soon.

Not sure what's going to happen with The Store. I'm pretty confident it's still going to be a channel (at least, overnight), but this might mean one of the ITV timeshift channels can be available at sensible times.

Comments

• chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    eladkse wrote: »
    Can't help but notice that chrisy hasn't been able to able to pick it up (yet) in Wales.

That is on a much reduced schedule, actually I need to add some text that it can be days or weeks out-of-date as the updated time is misleading.
  • BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    <snip>True Entertainment might be seeing a reduction in hours pretty soon.
    Community Channel has moved hours from midnight to 08:00, so perhaps that was to accomodate it. They are both on COM6.

Hochanda doesn't start until 3rd November
  • eladkseeladkse Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizman wrote: »
    Community Channel has moved hours from midnight to 08:00, so perhaps that was to accomodate it. They are both on COM6.

Hochanda doesn't start until 3rd November

Hochanda is on SDN/COM4, so I'm not sure what Community Channel has to do with it.

I suggested True Ent based on it's lack of availability in Wales, but if it's just lack of updating on chrisy's site, then it probably won't be.

Good to know the launch date. Where've they said this?
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Digital UK have listed Hochanda as being available in Wales.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/industry/Channels/channel_listings
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hochanda is on SDN/COM4, so I'm not sure what Community Channel has to do with it.
    Good to know the launch date. Where've they said this?
    Sorry, I mis-read the muxes. The launch date is on screen on LCN85.
  • GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't help but notice that chrisy hasn't been able to able to pick it up (yet) in Wales.

He has now at http://www.terrestrialtv.uk/dtt.cgi?pg=live.php&tsidreg=Wales&by=lcn ;-)
  • phildunk1986phildunk1986 Posts: 1,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally seems to be branching out to it's own channel, which is nice.

Can't help but notice that chrisy hasn't been able to able to pick it up (yet) in Wales. Anyone else who can confirm this? If so, True Entertainment might be seeing a reduction in hours pretty soon.

Not sure what's going to happen with The Store. I'm pretty confident it's still going to be a channel (at least, overnight), but this might mean one of the ITV timeshift channels can be available at sensible times.

I wonder if ITV will use the space to extend CITV to 21.00 to match Satellite and Cable.
    ITV4+1 could then start at 21.00 after CITV comes off air.

ITV3+1 could then be on the air 06.00 - 00.00

ITV4+1 could get promoted on EPG to channel 39
  • stuharris63stuharris63 Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Just been announced that Hochanda will now move to Channel 85 on 01/10/16 and not the 03/11/16 as previously announced, also will broadcast 24/7.

Wonder where the space will come from?
    Forum Member
    And Blaze and Blaze+1 are launching next week and there's theoretically no space available for them on SDN right now (Blaze+1 might not be full-time though)

Hochanda could take over The Store's space, but if that was the case I don't see why it hasn't already happened.

At least one thing must be closing/moving. There isn't much space on other muxes either, except COM8 and the newly-created stream on the local mux (or Community's time could be culled again).
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Some possibilities IMO

ITV3 moves to D3&4
    or
    ITV2+1 moves to BBCB
    or
    C5+1 moves to BBCB
    or
    A minor channel moves to COM8 or closes
    or
    17 streams.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hochanda recently moved its start date forward to 1st Oct, but if the EPG is to be believed, they are sneaking in an hour of programmes from 03:00 to 04:00 from today onwards.
  • eladkseeladkse Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hochanda recently moved its start date forward to 1st Oct, but if the EPG is to be believed, they are sneaking in an hour of programmes from 03:00 to 04:00 from today onwards.

They've been doing that since the channel got added to justify the placeholder. The hour came out of The Store.
    Forum Member
    Hochanda appears to have left The Store (Channel 39) ahead of it's move to Channel 85 on 1st October.
  • SonOfPurpleSonOfPurple Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hochanda appears to have left The Store (Channel 39) ahead of it's move to Channel 85 on 1st October.

The Store's reduced its hours from today to accommodate Blaze, which is now broadcasting its full programming.
    Forum Member
    TJC has moved to COM5, which explains where Hochanda's hours are coming from.
    Community Channel on COM5 has moved to COM8.
    Forum Member
    Hochanda is now on air on channel 85, 24 hours early, makes sense really when the space is available.

However I feel sorry for there viewers/customers who keep being mucked about.
    Forum Member
    Hochanda is now on air on channel 85, 24 hours early, makes sense really when the space is available.

However I feel sorry for there viewers/customers who keep being mucked about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A new licence appeared today for Hochanda Choice. More shopping anyone?
  • DavewwDaveww Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please NOoooooooooo
    Forum Member
    A new licence appeared today for Hochanda Choice. More shopping anyone?

On COM8 I wonder to replace The Craft Channel?
    Forum Member
    Hochanda are changing there broadcasting hours from 01/06/17 to 6am till 7pm.
  • SonOfPurpleSonOfPurple Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Possibly related to Quest +1 changing to 7pm-4am on the same day?
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tiresome ain't it? Usually watch Hochanda till about 10 pm, now it looks like it will be Create and Craft for me evenings viewing..blooming shame
  • David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quest+1 is on com 6 why Hochanda is on com 4 unless one of these channels are moving.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Correct, Quest+1 is the one that's moved to COM4