Options

*The CBB7 Ratings Thread* (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    rorybbrorybb Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why people think no live feed is such a huge problem

Most of my friends who watch Big Brother were glad most of the live feed was axed on E4 as they found it very boring and prefer to watch gilmore girls or friends. Very few people actually bothered about the live feed and I'm pretty sure the majority of viewers probably think its still there
  • Options
    godlivesgodlives Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    babybb wrote: »
    i do agree. most people know that bb is edited and bb are in control of what we see. with live feed people watched and got addicted. and we seen the true housemates and could make our own mind up. shame really. but what can ya do

we can fight to have livefeed restored for final bb11 thats what we can do sign the petition 1703 already have it is worth a try.:)

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/livefeedforbb11/

read what others said too
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/livefeedforbb11/signatures?page=35
  • Options
    tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rorybb wrote: »

Most of my friends who watch Big Brother were glad most of the live feed was axed on E4 as they found it very boring and prefer to watch gilmore girls or friends. Very few people actually bothered about the live feed and I'm pretty sure the majority of viewers probably think its still there

You might not "get it" ....

I have yet to meet anyone who would rather watch the fake "canned laughter" that is Friends.

So whether or not your are pretty sure what the majority of watchers like or don't, you certainly don't know me or my viewing preferences.

When I get home I used to enjoy putting on the streaming then coming online to see what had happened throughout the day ....

I never used to watch the highlight shows as I recognised them for being fake and manipulated ... I now have no choice.

As a result I did not even bother with any BB last summer.

With the great bunch of HMs we have this CBB, its a shame we are not really getting to know them in true BB style ... with live streaming. Its a choice we no longer have.

There is no buzz ... we don't know what is going on
  • Options
    astroastro Posts: 13,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomorrow wrote: »

I have yet to meet anyone who would rather watch the fake "canned laughter" that is Friends.

So whether or not your are pretty sure what the majority of watchers like or don't, you certainly don't know me or my viewing preferences.

When I get home I used to enjoy putting on the streaming then coming online to see what had happened throughout the day ....

I never used to watch the highlight shows as I recognised them for being fake and manipulated ... I now have no choice.

With the great bunch of HMs we have this CBB, its a shame we are not really getting to know them in true BB style ... with live streaming. Its a choice we no longer have.

You put it much better than I could. Well said.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is no buzz ... we don't know what is going on

Well said tommorow ! :)
  • Options
    godlivesgodlives Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    rorybb wrote: »

livefeed was not all about watching it 24/7 of course it could be boring it was about watching the show when u wanted funnily it other way around with me it is only since livefeed went that i watched highlight show regularly i never used to watch it much i used to like just coming home from work switching it on and seeing what was happening plus others who would be watching would tell u if something good was kicking off and it would create a buzz
    however i think you are right it is not just because of livefeed ratings are falling i suppose show is getting old people have tired of it a little they did need more big name celebs and perhaps some controversy..
    this is why they needed the livefeed loyal fans to boost rating figures. having livefeed back would not affect ur choice to watch friends if we had red button back.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No live feed.

Its a great show ... but C4 killed off CBB. Simple as.
    They have to be the most overused words typed in this forum!

I think BB has had it's day simple as that, it's been on for too many years and we have seen it all before..all the fights all the bullying and the silly fake romances, nothing new can happen now.
    Even with a few z celebs and it's a turn off
    I have watched BB right from the start and loved every series of the normal BB up to BB7 when I think the HMs become too camera/media savvy and were literally acting for the cameras and the Nikki favouritism and Petes big act to win annoyed me so much
    ..and I do believe the HMs are prompted to do things in the Diary room to create stories..nothing is real about BB anymore, 24 hour footage won't save BB and raise the ratings.
    Only hard core fans watched the 'secret' channel anyway
  • Options
    MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing is, if E4 went back to the Red Button / 12005 channel, it could keep showing the Friends repeats and give us the 24/7 LF as well. No one would lose anything.

I think a lot of people watched last night because of the rumours that the new HM would be Pamela Anderson or Jordan. Ivana Trump could be considered a let down by some.
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good ratings for the first show with 3.4m while decent ratings for the second show considering the fact that it is 200,000 up on CBB6. (2.6m vs 2.4m for the second Friday show)
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R.I.P BRO :cry:
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's doing fairly well especially as the show isn't all that exciting. Ivana Trump was another total anti climax. They seem to have run out of ideas for twists as well (but it's not like I read any half decent ideas on here, just a format showing its age).

A few weeks ago I'd have been sceptical at the idea of ratings actually increasing at all.
  • Options
    tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    It's doing fairly well especially as the show isn't all that exciting. Ivana Trump was another total anti climax. They seem to have run out of ideas for twists as well (but it's not like I read any half decent ideas on here, just a format showing its age).

A few weeks ago I'd have been sceptical at the idea of ratings actually increasing at all.

You mention "twists" - but I think part of the problem with BB failing are the many "twists" and the BB manipulation.

Take BB2 and BB4 for example ...then compare the twists and manipulations of BB.

BB2 is the better BB by far. We watched it, watched the HMs interacting with each other, there were arguments and disagreements, but they were not forced on the HMs in such a manner as in BBs since BB5.

Early BBs also used to be fun, the hMs had fun, we had fun watching them and doing great tasks. BB has failed in this area for years now too.
  • Options
    rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturday 9th January Overnights
    Celebrity Big Brother: 2.9m (11.9%) [including +1]

Good rating for CBB. Much better than I expected.
  • Options
    027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rzt wrote: »

Most watched Saturday show not within a few days of the launch since CBB5. I think that's a pretty amazing feat seeing as the first few highlights shows usually have higher numbers before it settles into the regular sort of viewing figures :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The high launch figure and steady, pretty decent number watching since then should be enough to show C4 that there is still a large audience there who will watch BB so long as there's something worth watching going on in the house.
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    Can those people harping on about LF explain why around 3 million people watched the launch - even though there was no LF and then decided not to watch anymore??? - clearly there was nothing in the launch that made them want to see more - the LF argument here is simply not true imo ???

Simple answer to why so many watched the Launch, is that's what has always happened, to see what the HMs look are and who they are, as not everyone knows that at the outset. What 24/7LF did was to show us the real person behind a HM as the series progressed, and how they interacted, and without 24/7 LF, you don't get a chance to see a real person. You get what the producers want you to see, which is a totally different ball game. It's also doing a dis-service to the HMs, as some might be deemed bad or awful, when that might not be the truth. A celeb going into CBB isn't doing herself/himself a favour, because the public aren't allowed to see their real selves.
  • Options
    SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Very impressed with that. Hopefully we've found a level this series is settling at now. There's still quite a while to go but a 3m+ series average looks possible which is great.

When was the last series that did better than the last? (Of all series so for example, CBB7 looks like it'll do better than BB10)

I'll wait for BB11's ratings before I say C4 may have made a mistake. ;) But having said that, I think CBB still has wide appeal, normal BB doesn't. I wonder if they'd consider keeping CBB on?
  • Options
    cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I predicted 2.3m, so very impressive. I think it'll get 2.8m tonight :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And as of yet I think not one argument. ( that i remember) Shows you that the public want to see real people and real interaction and not contrived performance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ruprect wrote: »
    And as of yet I think not one argument. ( that i remember) Shows you that the public want to see real people and real interaction and not contrived performance.

Agreed. Even BB5, which is remembered for its conflicts, was largely so successful because of the fun stuff that happened (full moon party, nudey lawn mowing, painting coal white, Lady Garden TV etc etc).

All these series of trying to provoke a reaction has seen the viewing figures decline. Left alone, the HMs create their own drama and it's this that people were originally drawn to when the show started 10 years ago.
  • Options
    ItsAnObsessionItsAnObsession Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone please post the ratings so far since the launch? It would be much appreciated :)
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    You mention "twists" - but I think part of the problem with BB failing are the many "twists" and the BB manipulation.

Take BB2 and BB4 for example ...then compare the twists and manipulations of BB.

BB2 is the better BB by far. We watched it, watched the HMs interacting with each other, there were arguments and disagreements, but they were not forced on the HMs in such a manner as in BBs since BB5.

Early BBs also used to be fun, the hMs had fun, we had fun watching them and doing great tasks. BB has failed in this area for years now too.

I think the novelty of watching people 'interact' is long gone though. If they decided to do another series like BB1 and BB2 complete with 24/7 live feed I'd be surprised if we saw a difference in the ratings. People have seen it all before.

The show had to evolve. Unfortunately they didn't realise that the second time round when the ratings dropped again.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Sprogg wrote: »
    Very impressed with that. Hopefully we've found a level this series is settling at now. There's still quite a while to go but a 3m+ series average looks possible which is great.

When was the last series that did better than the last? (Of all series so for example, CBB7 looks like it'll do better than BB10)

I'll wait for BB11's ratings before I say C4 may have made a mistake. ;) But having said that, I think CBB still has wide appeal, normal BB doesn't. I wonder if they'd consider keeping CBB on?

With week 3's schedule I'd be very impressed if it did.
  • Options
    rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's show won't do too well as it's up against Dancing on Ice (and Wild at Heart).

Last year's two Sunday episodes which were up against DOI had 2.6m (including +1). So anything higher than that tonight would be a good result.
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wow, those are very good ratings for Saturday show. :D

Hopefully today can grab at least 2.4m/2.5m.