World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXVI (Spoilers)

Comments

• Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sergio2006 wrote: »
    What is his condition?

As far as I know he has no major injures. I dont think having a full year off would make any difference to his future matches. Punk could get a great match out of him this year no problem.

He had surgery in the past year and 'reports' say that he's still recovering.

Yeah, Punk is probably the person to get the best match out of him.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very true, great point. I just assumed that if he was able to work the match that it pretty much declares him as fit for Mania. There's a massive difference between a 5-10 minute house show match than a 15-20 minute Mania one. I just hope he doesn't face Punk. I just personally don't see Punk as a threat to Taker after facing HHH twice and HBK twice.

Punk this year, retirement match with Cena next year.
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    I'd prefer Taker vs Shield if anything. After going over most of the top names they need one hell of a Mania opponent.
  • OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Punk this year, retirement match with Cena next year.

So long as we don't get Cena/Rock 3 next year, I'm happy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a card that I would set up from this point forward with the build-up so far and the resources at hand. I'm well aware that some of this won't happen, but here goes:

Rock v Cena v CM Punk: Triple Threat for the WWE championship - This has been in the making since the 2011 pipebomb and it just makes sense at this point. Punk wants to prove he's the best in the world after somewhat being screwed at EC; Cena needs to prove he can beat these two men, neither of whom he's managed to thus far; and someone needs to dethrone the people's champ. Punk adds some much needed spice to what would otherwise be a stale rematch from WM28

Undertaker v Brock Lesnar - The match books itself with the history between these two as there's certainly no love lost. The UFC confrontation teased it and I think it should happen. I also think this is their last chance to make this happen as It's likely that at WM 30 we'll get the much anticipated 'Taker/ Cena match, after which I suspect the deadman will retire.

Triple H & Jericho & Orton v The Shield (edited) - I know we're getting Lesnar/HHH and I think it's a travesty. Instead I'd involve Hunter with the hottest thing in the company right now, The Shield. They've pretty much been built as the biggest threat on the product, proving they can put on top quality matches with fantastic chemistry. The TLC match was a blast, and who excels in these types of gimmick matches? Triple H. I reckon this could be a cracker if The Game can get two allies. We can get a really brutal match on the card. Obviously I don't really know who he could team with at this point, but HHH spearheading a defense against The Shield would really add to the show. The Shield deserve a big match this WM and something like this could be just that.

Swagger v Del Rio: WHC - The PR this storyline has generated may have saved Swagger from sitting out this' Mania waiting for his 90 day no compete clause to end. It's very cheap heat but it works and it will serve to strengthen ADR's face turn and overall could be a satisfying B show title match.

Ryback v Sheamus - Preferably Ryback turns heel and takes it out on his EC teammate, Sheamus. This can easily be built as a clash of the titans type match to put Ryback over on the big stage. Wouldn't even be a bad match and it could act as the main-event of the under-card.

Kane v Daniel Byran - Team Hell no implosion that everyone and their mother could see coming. Have it open the show and put Bryan over and I don't think we'll have any complaints.

6-8 man Ladder match for IC Title - They need to involve the mid card and this would be a great way of doing so (A much preferred alternative to an uninspired alternative 8 man tag match). This idea has been entertained more than once on these forums and it's a great idea. A high octane match in the undercard to get the crowd pumped. It will fill a gap left by MITB that hasn't been filled since.

Miz v Cesaro: United States Championship - Miz as a face is totally redundant but I'm really digging Cesaro. It could be a decent match at the end of the first hour or something.

A throwaway divas title match because everyone needs a piss break in a 4 hour extravaganza.

Pre-show battle royal - blahhhh

EDIT: I left out Ziggler and Jericho....I'd personally love for Ziggler to cash in after an angered Swagger bitterly assaults ADR after losing.

As for Jericho, I'd perhaps team with HHH against the shield with a third undecided ally. An alliance with HHH wouldn't make much sense but the guy's already involved in the Shield after losing to them last week. Above all, I just think Jericho would be entertaining as hell in a match like this - you know he'll really step it up.

EDIT: Orton could be that third ally against The Shield. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I like it!
  • sergio2006sergio2006 Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamespondo wrote: »
    I'd prefer Taker vs Shield if anything. After going over most of the top names they need one hell of a Mania opponent.

Its a tough one.

Punk seems an obvious choice for Taker but they do seem to be going down the triple threat line.

One guy whose not really been mentioned but always has in the past is Chris Jericho.

Ok my not be "seen" as a threat but that doesnt matter anyway because people expect Taker to win. After Punk, Jericho would give Taker the best match possible.

I like your idea of the shield but how can he take on all 3. Maybe a tag match for Taker this year? Undertaker & Sheamus vs The Shield?
  • WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gwm101 wrote: »
    This is a card that I would set up from this point forward with the build-up so far and the resources at hand. I'm well aware that some of this won't happen, but here goes:

Rock v Cena v CM Punk: Triple Threat for the WWE championship - this has been in the making since the 2011 pipebomb and it just makes sense at this point. Punk wants to prove he's the best in the world after somewhat being screwed at EC; Cena needs to prove he can beat these two men, neither of whom he's managed to thus far; and someone needs to dethrone the people's champ. Punk adds some much needed spice to what would otherwise be a stale rematch from WM28

Undertaker v Brock Lesnar - The match books itself with the history between these two as there's certainly no love lost. The UFC confrontation teased it and I think it should happen. I also think this is their last chance to make this happen as It's likely that at WM 30 we'll get the much anticipated 'Taker/ Cena match, after which I suspect the deadman will retire.

Triple H & ? & ? v The Shield - I know we're getting Lesnar/HHH and I think it's a travesty. Instead I'd involve Hunter with the hottest thing in the company right now, The Shield. They've pretty much been built as the biggest threat on the product, proving they can put on top quality matches with fantastic chemistry. The TLC match was a blast, and who excels in these types of gimmick matches? Triple H. I reckon this could be a cracker if The Game can get two allies. We can get a really brutal match on the card. Obviously I don't really know who he could team with at this point, but HHH spearheading a defense against The Shield would really add to the show. The Shield deserve a big match this WM and something like this could be just that.

Swagger v Del Rio: WHC - The PR this storyline has generated may have saved Swagger from sitting out this' Mania waiting for his 90 day no compete clause to end. It's very cheap heat but it works and it will serve to strengthen ADR's face turn and overall could be a satisfying B show title match.

Ryback v Sheamus - Preferably Ryback turns heel and takes it out on his EC teammate, Sheamus. This can easily be built clash of the titans type match to put Ryback over on the big stage. Wouldn't even be a bad match and it could act as the main-event of the under-card.

Kane v Daniel Byran - Team Hell no implosion that everyone and their mother could see coming. Have it open the show and put Bryan over and I don't think we'll have any complaints.

6-8 man Ladder match for IC Title - They need to involve the mid card and this would be a great way of doing so (A much preferred alternative to an uninspired alternative 8 man tag match). This idea has been entertained more than once on these forums and it's a great idea. A high octane match in the undercard to get the crowd pumped. It will fill a gap left by MITB that hasn't been filled since.

Miz v Cesaro: United States Championship - Miz as a face is totally redundant but I'm really digging Cesaro. It could be a decent match at the end of the first hour or something.

A throwaway divas title match because everyone needs a piss break in a 4 hour extravaganza.

Pre-show battle royal - blahhhh

I think we'll get Punk v Taker, Cena v Rock, HHH v Lesnar, (with Vince and Heyman respectively) Sheamus v Ryback, Henry v Khali,, Kane v Bryan with some sort of stip regarding the tag titles and Del Rio v Swagger.

Cesaro deserves to be at WM, as he's had a fantastic year.

I don't see where Orton comes in at all though unless they use him for the Swagger option.

Sheamus also deserves more as despite being truly awful on the mic, he is an excellent in ring performer. I would really like to see a long match with Sheamus and Ziggler or Jericho.

The problem is, they have so many single stars that are halfway over or stalled in their characters, Jericho, Sheamus, Orton, Rey, Barrett, Big Show etc etc, I have no idea what they are going to do with them all.

I think it's good that WM is in NY too, at least they might have a more interesting crowd.

I reckon Kane should go ovr Bryan too, it will help him more at this point and Bryan is so over, I don't think it will be detrimental.

I can't see a ladder match at WM, they wouldn't want anyone to steal the show over HHH or Taker. ..:s
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love to see a Ladder Match, but i would use to unify the IC and US titles. These seem to go in spells, with either one being really hot but neither at the same time, so just get rid of one! It would also make it a massive match, and as said Earlier I would use this to open the show, really get the crowd buzzing. Cessaro, Barrett, Kofi, Cody, Sandow, Miz, Sin Cara, with the shock return of Shelton Benjamin, would be an awesome match, with stakes and huge rewards
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    sergio2006 wrote: »
    Its a tough one.

Punk seems an obvious choice for Taker but they do seem to be going down the triple threat line.

One guy whose not really been mentioned but always has in the past is Chris Jericho.

Ok my not be "seen" as a threat but that doesnt matter anyway because people expect Taker to win. After Punk, Jericho would give Taker the best match possible.

I like your idea of the shield but how can he take on all 3. Maybe a tag match for Taker this year? Undertaker & Sheamus vs The Shield?

I'd probably go with Taker and Orton vs Shield due to their history. A semi dream match scenerio could be Evolution vs The Shield, if Batista came back for a short run. 10 years since that faction formed.

Off topic, but they teases Miz vs Show at WM on Main Event last week.

The perfect end to Hell No would be a 'friendly' match in which the winner chooses a new teammate to hold the tag titles with.
  • AdamClelandAdamCleland Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • AdamClelandAdamCleland Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harris_07 wrote: »
    I'd really prefer it if Taker only appeared at WM to set up a match with someone at next year's WM. Give him a year to get fit and heal properly, maybe by taking up DDP's Yoga (which has done absolute wonders for people in a much worse condition than Taker).

He has one match a year. If he can't heal properly in the 364 days that he's not wrestling then chances are he's probably not going to heal at all.
  • OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member

That guy is so good at trolling. But seriously, people need to stop saying that Undertaker's out of shape. The guy is 47 years of age and probably didn't know until recently whether his body is fit enough for him to even have a match. Besides, he does it for the fans because he has nothing else to prove. He could retire right now and be done with it, but he comes back for the fans because he knows how big a deal The Streak is and that it will help the company. The least people can do is appreciate the fact that he's coming back.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What a freak! Troll or not...

Anyone could have figured Taker would return at some point, especially when your CEO goes on national television and tells everyone he'll be back.

Infact, most WWE programming is hillariously predictable and if that freak doesn't want to watch RAW because he feels the last 3 minutes of so of a 3 hour show are spoiled then...really?

And of course Punk was going to lose to Taker...hardly a surprise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Anyone could have figured Taker would return at some point, especially when your CEO goes on national television and tells everyone he'll be back.

That just tells you that WWE believed Taker would return in December, not that Taker himself planned to return.

From everything I've read, I think Taker's return has been very much last minute and that before last night, Taker might not have known himself if he was going to wrestle at Wrestlemania.

Taker is a company man through and through and if WWE needs him, I'm sure he'll bite the bullet but on a show with Rock and Lesnar, I don't think Taker would come back if he thought he couldn't wrestle at the level people expect of him and potentially tarnish his legacy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's another picture of Taker from the house show.

He doesn't look that bad in this one. Bit more optimistic now that he'll have a good match at WM this year, if he does actually perform. Going to save total judgement for when/if he appears on Raw to see how he really looks and moves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's another picture of Taker from the house show.

He doesn't look that bad in this one. Bit more optimistic now that he'll have a good match at WM this year, if he does actually perform. Going to save total judgement for when/if he appears on Raw to see how he really looks and moves.

Let's be honest Taker doesn't and never has put on 5 star technical matches, its always power, brawn and brawling. People only expect a rope walk (which he can still do) a chokeslam and a tombstone. The rest of it can be as jaggedy as hell. He didn't look fantastic last year either. It's the hair I think that makes him look worse...or lack of.

Make it a street fight which is even easier on him as Punk will probably take lots of bumps and help Taker along with his.

Advantge with Taker is that you don't need the big build up with him, he doesn't need weeks of mic driven promos
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    Undertaker just needs to show up once, draw his thumb across his throat and point to someone and you've got an instant feud.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's be honest Taker doesn't and never has put on 5 star technical matches, its always power, brawn and brawling. People only expect a rope walk (which he can still do) a chokeslam and a tombstone. The rest of it can be as jaggedy as hell. He didn't look fantastic last year either. It's the hair I think that makes him look worse...or lack of.

Make it a street fight which is even easier on him as Punk will probably take lots of bumps and help Taker along with his.

Advantge with Taker is that you don't need the big build up with him, he doesn't need weeks of mic driven promos
    That's true. Because he's a special attraction, people would be fine with just seeing the big moves, a few near falls and some counters/reversals in order to call it good match. Throw in some weapons, then even better.
    Undertaker just needs to show up once, draw his thumb across his throat and point to someone and you've got an instant feud.
    Also true. You don't even need to have him on the mic. Let's say he's facing Punk (which he probably will), then Punk can literally do all the mic work on live TV and Taker's replies can be done via video promos (which WWE wonderfully).

After the videos he just needs to appear and stare at Punk and it works. For extra special effects, you can have the ring 'collapse' or 'lighting' or big symbols appearing like Taker's 'T' or a casket.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Taker return?
    Trips return?
    Lesnar sighting?
    Vince vs Heyman
    Punk vs Cena

No Rocky but should be a packed show tonight. Looking forward to it....
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Taker return?
    Trips return?
    Lesnar sighting?
    Vince vs Heyman
    Punk vs Cena

No Rocky but should be a packed show tonight. Looking forward to it....

Is Rock not on tonight?! Blimey, I would've expected the WWE Champ to be on every Raw until Mania. Not surprised though. Oh well, there should be enough to keep us entertained.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    These are the kinda times 3 hours is needed for Raw. I'm not even sure we need Rock tonight or will miss him much, seems like a good time for a rotation.

There's a lot more that has to be sorted first and we should have a much better idea re the mania lineup.

Rock would just take the spotlight off other people that need top billing to start their feuds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    Is Rock not on tonight?! Blimey, I would've expected the WWE Champ to be on every Raw until Mania. Not surprised though. Oh well, there should be enough to keep us entertained.

Prepare to be disappointed :D

The Champion will appear next week but then be off until the last week in March. He's not advertised until 25th March for any WWE shows. He's off filming in Croatia and Hungary.

Brock and Rock are alternating appearances to mix things up.

No Y2J for a little while either as I previously discussed as Fozzy are on a mini-tour. Leaves Ziggler a bit empty
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A "weed the people" chant would be great tonight.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Y2J for a little while either as I previously discussed as Fozzy are on a mini-tour. Leaves Ziggler a bit empty

I'm a real fan of Ziggler but even I am becoming bored with him atm. There's only so many times I can see him come out and boast about his briefcase before getting beaten down by someone random and irrelevant to him being Mr MITB.
This discussion has been closed.