Forum Member
Anyone else watching?

Hopefully better than the Famous and Fearless rubbish shown before :D

Comments

• Options
    mrs-tinky2mrs-tinky2 Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love alan carr got tickets to go and see him in October hope there better than the tickets I have for Famous & Fearless on friday pmsl
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,115
    Forum Member
    What have McFly got to promote? Just wondering why they're on the show...?

Nothing against them, met them a few times, nice enough guys... although Danny is never going to lose his image of being a total "playa".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for dame edna, she's unpredictable at the best of times :D
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smfan123 wrote: »
    I wonder what he will offer the Dame to drink!! :D Oooh here she is... pretty in pink!!! :D
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Katie841 wrote: »
    What have McFly got to promote? Just wondering why they're on the show...?

Nothing against them, met them a few times, nice enough guys... although Danny is never going to lose his image of being a total "playa".
    Nothing really!
    They have an album out and DVD (they were out in nov) and their latest single 'Shine a Light' oh and they have a tour next year but they have nothing 'New' out
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peanuts!!
  • Options
    Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great performance from McFly, but I don't get why they sang Nowhere Left to Run. Its not their next single as far as I know. Was hoping it would be, though. Maybe plans have changed. Hmmm. Otherwise I would have hoped they'd keep it back until they were releasing it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello. wrote: »
    Great performance from McFly, but I don't get why they sang Nowhere Left to Run. Its not their next single as far as I know. Was hoping it would be, though. Maybe plans have changed. Hmmm. Otherwise I would have hoped they'd keep it back until they were releasing it.
    Mcfly Confirmed via a webchat that the next single is Thats the truth which should be out around March (intime for the Arena Tour) but it does look likely the final single from the Album will be Nowhere left to run
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I love the way McFly are not always there for media attention or promotion. I think they are brilliant lads who are grounded, can take all the stuff that is thrown at them...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mrbernay wrote: »
    I love the way McFly are not always there for media attention or promotion. I think they are brilliant lads who are grounded, can take all the stuff that is thrown at them...
    Yep! Mcfly write all their own music and everything they do is down to them
    but then you get acts like JLS and the wanted who are everywhere
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Yep! Mcfly write all their own music and everything they do is down to them
    but then you get acts like JLS and the wanted who are everywhere

McFly really gained my respect when Danny went on Pop to Op. I did like them before but that just confirmed, for me, that they are the genuine article.... Who else would dare put a group's future on the line by appearing on that sort of reality show? They really stick by each other and, I think, have a genuine friendship. I didn't know until tonight that it was Danny and Tom who started the writing..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    McFly really gained my respect when Danny went on Pop to Op. I did like them before but that just confirmed, for me, that they are the genuine article.... Who else would dare put a group's future on the line by appearing on that sort of reality show? They really stick by each other and, I think, have a genuine friendship. I didn't know until tonight that it was Danny and Tom who started the writing..
    Yep
    Danny and Tom met and started writing the first album and then Dougie and Harry came along.

They have their own record label too and are back with Island Records under a 50/50 deal but still on their own label too.

They write,play,sing live and also produce and mix the songs themselves too.

They really come alive when performing on tours
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep
    Danny and Tom met and started writing the first album and then Dougie and Harry came along.

They have their own record label too and are back with Island Records under a 50/50 deal but still on their own label too.

They write,play,sing live and also produce and mix the songs themselves too.

They really come alive when performing on tours

I bet they do. I'm too old too old to do that sort of stuff today but I follow Danny's tweets and really do think they are a great band
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I bet they do. I'm too old too old to do that sort of stuff today but I follow Danny's tweets and really do think they are a great band
    They have quite alot of older people at their gigs these days actually but hey you could allways buy their tour dvds or even watch clips on youtube:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have quite alot of older people at their gigs these days actually but hey you could allways buy their tour dvds or even watch clips on youtube:)

I bet I would be their oldest fan hehe :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I bet I would be their oldest fan hehe :D:D
    I've seen quite a few old people
    must be in their 60's:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've noticed that they are gaining a lot of respect recently, and I think its only fair. Very long overdue. I've been following them (not stalking, I promise) since the start and all I've ever heard is "Whatever, they'll split up soon."

This band have been together for 7 years now. They really do get along and care about what they do, which they always make clear. As you say, they're clearly genuine friends. I've met 3 of them recently and they were incredibly friendly, too.

But yeah, I'm thankful people like you give them the respect they deserve. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen quite a few old people
    must be in their 60's:eek:

Not quite there, but not far off hehehe. Good to know though hehe;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed that they are gaining a lot of respect recently, and I think its only fair. Very long overdue. I've been following them (not stalking, I promise) since the start and all I've ever heard is "Whatever, they'll split up soon."

This band have been together for 7 years now. They really do get along and care about what they do, which they always make clear. As you say, they're clearly genuine friends. I've met 3 of them recently and they were incredibly friendly, too.

Agree with everything you say :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member

I've been a fan since late 2004 (which was the year they first released their single) and have been to every tour since and they just get better and better.

Yes they are gaining respect and it is long over due.

They all get on well together and everything is about Mcfly
    and they have even made the new super city website
    a website that is the future and nothing on the net compares to that yet.

Mcfly love the fans too and do quite a lot for them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not quite there, but not far off hehehe. Good to know though hehe;)
    Yes it is good and i hope they are still around in 7 years time (it's looking likely)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mcfly Confirmed via a webchat that the next single is Thats the truth which should be out around March (intime for the Arena Tour) but it does look likely the final single from the Album will be Nowhere left to run

I kind of hope it wont be the final single, actually. I'd like to see Take Me There released too.
  • Options
    wmoorewmoore Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smfan123 wrote: »

Loved Dame Edna, I thought she was going to take over the show at one stage. Poor Alan had trouble getting a word in :)
  • Options
    cloudfactorycloudfactory Posts: 807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saw a bit of this. complete garbage. who told alan carr he's funny? his stand up routine is pathetic. didnt raise the slightest titter from me. obviously has a bunch of morons in the studio laughing their heads of at every word he comes out with. and dont get me started on hisw whining,squeek of a voice. i cant understand how he is employed on tv.
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yawn. Another case of one person's opinion being presented as fact.