Rihanna's new single 'Diamonds' to be released next week?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    3 $pirit wrote: »
    But sales are even worse than when TTT was released so will affect it again and will probably suffer with similar promotion to Loud with "Cockiness" being the new "Cheers". I could actually see people buying TTT for the new single similar to WFL and LOUD.
    You could be right, but I think that with some good promotion and great single choices, she could sell well. The definition of "well" depends on the circumstances and the state of the market. If the sales don't increase during holiday season, selling 2 million ww would be the smash album of the year! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Wait WHAT EVEN WAS THE POINT OF COCKINESS REMIX AND PERFORMANCES THEN?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How d'ya know?

That its urban? because the EP she is releasing is all rap to try and win over the hip-hop audience again to buy her album as her sales have been disappointing so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LoveBug. wrote: »
    Wait WHAT EVEN WAS THE POINT OF COCKINESS REMIX AND PERFORMANCES THEN?

My guess is it was a last attempt to try and get people (mostly urban audiences) to buy TTT. However the remix isnt even on it so overall not much although it could smash on urban at the same time whilst Diamonds smashes WW and on pop radio.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    You could be right, but I think that with some good promotion and great single choices, she could sell well. The definition of "well" depends on the circumstances and the state of the market. If the sales don't increase during holiday season, selling 2 million ww would be the smash album of the year! :D

Good point its just a big drop from Loud but if she promotes it well (which she usually doesn't) then im sure it could be a big success as long as the public isnt sick of her. Also it looks like it will be a mostly dance and that doesn't tend to sell albums and dance is kind of one the way out gradually now but we'll see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know about David Guetta and Nicki Romero! But today's announcements came out of the blue, so we hadn't got a lot of official information beforehand. She's probably worked with many producers that haven't been announced. Obviously Stargate, but I'd also like Soundz (he produced 'Skin'), Da Internz ('Birthday Cake') and Bangladesh ('Cockiness'). Calvin Harris would be great too, but I think he said they haven't worked together on the new album yet.

There's also that BURNS guy who's a close associate of Calvin Harris!

Perhaps Calvin is lying to us on purpose so it's all a big surprise!

I'd love Da Internz, Soundz on board again. I hope she recruits Hit-Boy one day too I like his productions.

Bangladesh please!! He's amazing.

The Dream will probably be involved in the song-writing again, Rihanna seems to like working with him :cool:
    Forum Member
    3 $pirit wrote: »
    Good point its just a big drop from Loud but if she promotes it well (which she usually doesn't) then im sure it could be a big success as long as the public isnt sick of her. Also it looks like it will be a mostly dance and that doesn't tend to sell albums and dance is kind of one the way out gradually now but we'll see.
    Personally, I think Rihanna needs to make an album full of pop and r 'n' b / hip hop tracks, because that's her lane! Not techno, not dance, not electro! 'GGGB' (8 million) and 'Loud' (6.5 million) remain her 2 best selling albums (far commercially superior than all her other albums) and these are her only 2 albums that are solely pop/ r'n'b. The european club music/ trance influences on 'WFL' / 'WHYB' are amazing, but 'Only Girl', 'WMN' and 'S&M' sold 'Loud' much more effectively than these tracks sold 'TTT'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Personally, I think Rihanna needs to make an album full of pop and r 'n' b / hip hop tracks, because that's her lane! Not techno, not dance, not electro! 'GGGB' (8 million) and 'Loud' (6.5 million) remain her 2 best selling albums (far commercially superior than all her other albums) and these are her only 2 albums that are solely pop/ r'n'b. The european club music/ trance influences on 'WFL' / 'WHYB' are amazing, but 'Only Girl', 'WMN' and 'S&M' sold 'Loud' much more effectively than these tracks sold 'TTT'.

Rated R didn't have one single dance/techno song...

Btw, has anyone heard anything about the DVD of the Loud Tour being released?... 2012 is over soon...
  • mkirilenkofanmkirilenkofan Posts: 1,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont care about how many albums she releases....she is ****ing brilliant at putting out a decent set of songs!

TTT may not have been as big as LOUD, but it had better songs on it!

I do wish the tour dvd isnt scrapped likes!
  • johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish she wouldn't :(
    Forum Member
    Rated R didn't have one single dance/techno song...

Btw, has anyone heard anything about the DVD of the Loud Tour being released?... 2012 is over soon...
    Neither did it have as much pop as 'GGGB' and 'Loud' did, which is why it underperformed. It's still my favorite Rihanna album regardless though! Amazing from start to finish! :)I hope the new album lives up to those standards. She's said she would consider making another album in the vein of 'RR', so I'm hoping it materializes soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm agreeing with the comments about the LOUD Tour DVD! We were confirmed we were getting one in 2012! I'm still opting for a November/December release.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    delete
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    We really need a Greatest Hits from Rihanna. Its going to be the pop collection of the decade. So surprised it hasn't been put out already.

As I've said before in other threads, it should be called a Singles Collection or something rather than a Greatest Hits. Maybe a title like Rihanna: The Hits So Far would work. It could have all her biggest hits (including collaborations) and a couple of new songs.
    Forum Member
    As I've said before in other threads, it should be called a Singles Collection or something rather than a Greatest Hits. Maybe a title like Rihanna: The Hits So Far would work. It could have all her biggest hits (including collaborations) and a couple of new songs.
    Well, maybe that's what we're getting this year, we don't know yet ;) Def Jam are building hype and they tweeted that they have a big announcement coming on Thursday, so tomorrow we'll know if it's a full length album, a re-release or a GH collection. I wouldn't mind another studio album though. She can release her 'Singles Collection' in 2013, after she wraps up the 'Diamonds' tour and then take a long overdue break :)
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well maybe they will release a Greatest Hits type album with a few new tracks on it along with the tour DVD. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, maybe that's what we're getting this year, we don't know yet ;) Def Jam are building hype and they tweeted that they have a big announcement coming on Thursday, so tomorrow we'll know if it's a full length album, a re-release or a GH collection. I wouldn't mind another studio album though. She can release her 'Singles Collection' in 2013, after she wraps up the 'Diamonds' tour and then take a long overdue break :)

And give us that Loud Tour DVD. And have the production team cook up a Diamonds world Tour DVD for 2014 to keep us happy whislt Rihanna chills out in the sun for a lengthy period of time :D
  • wef0undl0vewef0undl0ve Posts: 6,460
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for this :) Gonna be a worldwide smash, although she does never seem to take a break all her albums are good they always have 5+ decent tracks on it soo bring on this era :D
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Plus Gaga is probably dropping her lead single in October/November.
    \

Any more news on it?
    :D

I think it will be an uptempo dance pop single, especially judging by the lyrics. 'WFL' part 2, but with a harder beat . She hinted at a more anthemic feel and sound for the new album, so I'm curious to see how that's going to sound.

The only confirmed producers so far are RedOne, Swedish House Mafia and Chase and Stauts. I wonder if the lead single is produced by any of them.

If it's gonna be WFL part 2 I'm looking forward to it. I loved that song.
    Forum Member
    UPDATE

There's a rumour that the new single is written and produced by Sia, Benny Blanco and Stargate!! :D
    @Rykeyz: Heard @siamusic and Stargate got the new Rihanna Single! Sia is crazy dope!<-And @ItsBennyBlanco
    The guy that tweeted this works for Sony Music, so he's a respectable source.

Sia also tweeted something about Monday, so maybe it will turn out to be true :D So excited for this!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish she wouldn't :(

So do i, i want her to take a break.
    Forum Member
    The single has been delayed. One of Def Jam's reps called it a "false start" :( Apparently, Def Jam France messed up! :mad:

However, the single is still expected to be released soon (definitely in 2012 ;)) and it's been implied that Rihanna will start making official announcements soon on her Facebook page :cool:
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    It's is reportedly psuhed back to later this week
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She releases more singles than i've had hot dinners.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The single has been delayed. One of Def Jam's reps called it a "false start" :( Apparently, Def Jam France messed up! :mad:

However, the single is still expected to be released soon (definitely in 2012 ;)) and it's been implied that Rihanna will start making official announcements soon on her Facebook page :cool:

Damn it! At least it's coming!

Yay, I loved the cryptic announcements and little challenges she put on her Facebook to unlock album/single info last year. It was a cool strategy :cool: