Do You Watch The News?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The TV News? I rarely tune in, its always all depressing.

Comments

• ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    No...get my news online.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of the time. If I'm not watching anything else I will always have BBC News or Sky News on in the background. I just love the excitement of "BREAKING NEWS!" when the most trivial thing happens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch and read the local news stuff. As for everywhere else, I only really keep up when there's something that interests me, like technology news. I also watch out on politics, never know when it might be useful.
  • flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always like to keep up to date, with what is going on in the world.
  • DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read it online.
  • chopsimchopsim Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it's boring and depressing.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes all the time. If I have the TV on then it's usually on Sky News.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    All of the time. If I'm not watching anything else I will always have BBC News or Sky News on in the background. I just love the excitement of "BREAKING NEWS!" when the most trivial thing happens.

Same here, I am a bit of a news addict so whenever I'm around and there's nothing I specifically want to watch I leave Sky News on.

I was off sick last year when the Boston Marathon bombing happened with the subsequent police hunt for the suspects and the coverage was really interesting and captivating.
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes I watch the news, but I get most news from the net as it's more convenient.
  • emily67emily67 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    i have it on in the background sometimes.

i don't pay full attention to it, but i'm aware of the items that interest me

only time i'll actually properly watch is if their's something ongoing (such as when the holly wells and jessica chapman thing was happening)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I have it on in the background a lot. But I too read the news online more.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »

Me too. Mainly BBC News but Sky and the many of the others too, including Sky Sports News.

My background choice has changed with the years, it used to be MTV then I went over to VH1 but it's been the news for well over a decade now.
  • ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching US news channels is always a highlight, especially the local reports. They'll dispatch a helicopter to anything!
  • howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Don't understand why some don't ever watch the news,
    You can't cacoon yourself away from the world,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    I try to. I know I should, I'm so ignorant about a lot of things, but I end up watching soaps instead. I don't understand a lot of the politics to be honest so I lose interest. It's embarrassing at my age
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, whenever there's nothing else on I want to watch, I always have Sky News on in the background.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usually get my news on-line, but if Babita Sharma or Alice Baxter are reading it then I tend to leave it on.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes mostly BBC News also on youtube stuff from ABC , AL JAZ and RT Today sometimes listen to LBC to and watch ITV News some times Meridian & London to.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    No...get my news online.

Same here
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to always have Breakfast News on in a morning while getting ready to go to work, now I work from home I tend to keep an eye on the BBC website online and will sometimes catch the 10pm news.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I occasionally watch the BBC News at Six or at Ten, but most of the time I get my news online. From the BBC website!
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    I used to always have Breakfast News on in a morning while getting ready to go to work, now I work from home I tend to keep an eye on the BBC website online and will sometimes catch the 10pm news.

I almost never have the TV on in the morning as I'm always too busy getting ready to sit down. My morning news comes from the radio - either Radio 4 or 5 depending on the mood I'm in. In the car I will tend to have Radio 5 for the sports news.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    No.

I read all the day's news online.

Last time I watched anything on the news, was the Glasgow helicopter crash.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to watch the BBC News at 6pm or occasionally the 10pm broadcast and would check in on the 24 hour channels occasionally or when there is a major event. I prefer to get my news online and read analysis from different sources to get a fuller picture of a story and its implications. One must be aware that every news source has their agendas.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    howardl wrote: »
    Don't understand why some don't ever watch the news,
    You can't cacoon yourself away from the world,
    I know everything that's going on - I just choose to read it myself, rather than watch it and have someone else read it to me.