Options

Sandisk 16gb Xbox flash drive

rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can you buy these in any shops? Yes it's for GTA, I ordered both last week but GTA came first and I want to go out and buy one but it looks like you can only buy it online

The obvious place would be Game? Anyone know?

Comments

• Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    Any flash drive will do, doesn't have to be an official Microsoft one.

From - support.rockstargames.com:
    If using a USB flash drive it must be at least USB 2.0 with a minimum 15mb/s read speed and formatted for Xbox 360 use. A new USB flash drive is recommended to ensure optimum performance.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can play it without the flash drive until the flash drive arrives - your save games will always be on the HD anyway, it doesn't affect play or anything by switching - when I first got GTA5 I tried it out on disc for a few days before installing it to flash.

Incidentally, I just picked up a Kingston SE9 16GB for mine. They're just over a fiver on Amazon at the mo...
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    You can play it without the flash drive until the flash drive arrives - your save games will always be on the HD anyway, it doesn't affect play or anything by switching - when I first got GTA5 I tried it out on disc for a few days before installing it to flash.

Incidentally, I just picked up a Kingston SE9 16GB for mine. They're just over a fiver on Amazon at the mo...

It's a 4gb xbox, not enough space to install/play is there?

Edit - I didn't mention it was a 4gb xbox in the first post

WoodsMonk wrote: »
    Any flash drive will do, doesn't have to be an official Microsoft one.

From - support.rockstargames.com:

Would I have to format it myself to work with xbox? I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to these things, so I just wanted to go out and buy something that would work straight out the box ie what I've ordered but don't want to wait for
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon your best bet reliable and the cheapest price.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought a pair of these last year specifically for the 360 and GTA V:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003WE9WKK/

I bought that particular one because of this USB stick review by Eurogamer's Digital Foundry:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/xbox-360-storage-update-the-flash-factor-article

This was after having bought a Sandisk stick that turned out to not be fast enough for the 360...
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Would I have to format it myself to work with xbox? I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to these things, so I just wanted to go out and buy something that would work straight out the box ie what I've ordered but don't want to wait for

Yes, but it's easy.

Plug it in to the 360, go to Settings > Storage, and then Configure it for 360 use.

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/accessories/usb-flash-drive

You really do not need to pay for overpriced official USB sticks...