Xbox One Guide

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 462
Forum Member
Started using this with my virgin media box tonight and it is amazing.

Comments

• smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bt Youview plus entertainment/sports package, here is my findings.

On set up the only choice for tv guide was bt vision national for me, which means I have all the variations of bbc, itv etc, pretty crap for the tv guide. But I do get all the internet channels listed. The favourites allow me to have just my hd channels nicely listed. Voice control works but I need to learn the new channel names.

I like how when I say xbox on, I now get my x1, tv, soundbar and youview box to switch on.

Here is some of the voice commands, no need to use the remote control,

watch discovery channel hd

watch syfy hdtv

watch espn hd

watch universal channel hd

watch british eurosport hd

watch animal planet hdtv

watch tlc hdtv

watch history united kingdom hd

watch national geographical hdtv uk

watch national geographical wild hdtv uk - biggest voice command ever:D

watch fox hdtv uk

watch mtv hdtv uk

watch comedy central hdtv uk

Confusing or what, hd, hdtv or hd tv uk, I can only get comedy central hdtv uk if I say uk. Channel number would have been more easier. Please fix.

Windows 8 Smartglass fixes needed.

Tv favourites list doesn't always get full tv listings. I wouldn't mind being able to download the listings as I go.
    Amazon prime tv doesn't list my favs list. Only recently added content, new movies and tv.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    Just being able to say the channel number would be great, I'm sure it will get better
  • ShadowlandsShadowlands Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hold on, the guide is available now?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    for me since yesterday, but I've not used the xbox for about a week
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah everyone was put on the same software last week. Just go into settings and then one guide. Go into oneguide and chose your boxes region for the tv listings and then go into devices to chose your actual box. Hopefully we will get a new beta next month though. If anyone wants to join the next beta, I can add you, just add me as a friend and give me a message of BETA.

GT - highland mcb

I have noticed that there is now the tv listing for bt vision, not just the national. I am now bt vision iptv north. Bye bye to all the bbc 1/ itv variations on my tv guide. I had to reinstall the smartglass beta to update it once I had changed my region.