Options

Inside Amy Schumer - Comedy Central UK - Jan 26th at 10:30pm

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Very much doubt many have heard of her, but for those who have then it's well worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

Series 1 actually premiered in the US in 2013, so it's taken a fair while for it to get over here. Recently been renewed for a 3rd season as well.

Comments

• Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very much doubt many have heard of her, but for those who have then it's well worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

Series 1 actually premiered in the US in 2013, so it's taken a fair while for it to get over here. Recently been renewed for a 3rd season as well.

Tell me more about her, who she is and about the show? Her name appeared in a couple of articles I read on DS but she's new to me.
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Tell me more about her, who she is and about the show? Her name appeared in a couple of articles I read on DS but she's new to me.

Shes a standup comedian, she came 4th on Last Comic Standing and was then given a few Comedy Central slots, they then gave her this, it's a sketch show with a lot of female orientated jokes but none the less very funny
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    Shes a standup comedian, she came 4th on Last Comic Standing and was then given a few Comedy Central slots, they then gave her this, it's a sketch show with a lot of female orientated jokes but none the less very funny

Thanks. I'll give it a shot next Monday. Hope it's funny.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see why she got her own programme over some other comediennes...

http://i2.listal.com/image/4089917/600full-amy-schumer.jpg

Just waiting for the obligatory ‘I’d like to be inside Amy Schumer’ joke. :D
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've watched her series at US Pace. I love her saucy humour. She has great legs too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    I

Just waiting for the obligatory ‘I’d like to be inside Amy Schumer’ joke. :D

I was trying to think of a catch phrase she used a lot, I thought it might be the one you said but I think it was.

"I'd like to bang Amy'. :) or "Would you bang her?"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So she's quite attractive then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    So she's quite attractive then?

I can't link to it as it may be too risque for this site, but google 'Amy Schumer Focus Group Sketch'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched her series at US Pace. I love her saucy humour. She has great legs too.

I've also seen both series' and I do like the decidedly dirty aspect of her humour as well, but then I do think some of the other sketches have been quite clever as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've also seen both series' and I do like the decidedly dirty aspect of her humour as well, but then I do think some of the other sketches have been quite clever as well.

Oh definitely. The only bit I am not keen on is where she interviews someone, but then I'm not keen when Russel Howard does that on his show too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dirty humour? Definetely giving this a look! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wwe superstar dolph ziggler was once inside amy schumer
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone catch it ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone catch it ?

Would you bang her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you bang her?

Heh .. I probably would :)
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would you bang her?

I would if nobody knew
  • Options
    logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, i watched it and really enjoyed it tbh. I thought the opening sketch with the audition/interview to be in 2 Girls 1 Cup was inspired.

I saw her on one of Comedy Centrals "roasts". And she destroyed Charlie Sheen... or was it William Shatner?
  • Options
    Raj_91Raj_91 Posts: 3,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the first episode listed on demand and watched it two days ago, the sketch where she was in love/obsessed with the guy she slept with, how they got on with their day. Pretty funny stuff so I put it on series link :D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched it tonight. It gets repeated on Comedy Central X. I thought it was ok but some of it was dire.

The 2 girls/1 cup was pretty good and the one night stand sketch. I also liked the couldn't tell the black man apart sketch. I think my favourite thing was just her doing stand up comedy. She reminded me a lot of Louie when he does his stand up which i liked.

Have to watch a few more episodes before i decide to stick with it or let her go.

Why doesn't Sarah Silverman have her own show right now? I think she had one way back when when i didn't know who she was or she wasn't all that famous, but i'd love to see her in something new like what Amy Schumer has right now.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me and my wife just discovered this and find it hilarious and we raced through the whole first season in just a couple of days. Gutted that the language is censored, but hey, thats American tv for you (although its fine to keep in words like dick, rape, jerk, dildo, cum etc ?, just shows the twisted logic). Does anyone know if the dvd release coming out this April is censored ?

She is a real star. Its basically a female version of "Louie", but with sketches instead of a more structured story each episode. Love it.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the dvd release coming out this April is censored ?

I can’t say for sure, but every other Comedy Central programme that I have bought on DVD has always been uncensored.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    I can’t say for sure, but every other Comedy Central programme that I have bought on DVD has always been uncensored.

Thanks for the reply. Thats good news. Fingers crossed then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched the 2nd episode.

Like the sexting and taking a sexy pic sketch, plus the stand up. The rest was a bit meh.

The interview with the stripper - she was as dumb as a box of rocks!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been watching this every week. I like her and i think she's funny, particularly in her stand up.

Some of the sketches are really good and some can be really rubbish but this week's edition was a cracker. The makeover sketch was great and the gym class sketch had me lolling, the highlight of the episode - ' i eat pussy for breakfast' and 'waterboard that clit' lines were hilarious! :D Dirty, but i like it! One of the best sketches i've seen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay, Amy is back at US Pace. Haven't seen the episode yet but was pleasantly surprised to see it back.