The Walking Dead Season 4 [US Pace]

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    That depends.

Daryl has the same look that those guys we saw at the end of this weeks episode have. He just looks like the type of person that you'll meet, and then he'll kill you.

If the person/s in that car, had ever seen those guys as well, or had an encounter with them, i doubt very much they would stick around for Daryl, regardless of Beth's protestations, because you just cannot take that chance.

That's a good point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Huge Spoiler: link to screenshots from the upcoming episode 'The Grove':
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That depends.

Daryl has the same look that those guys we saw at the end of this weeks episode have. He just looks like the type of person that you'll meet, and then he'll kill you.

If the person/s in that car, had ever seen those guys as well, or had an encounter with them, i doubt very much they would stick around for Daryl, regardless of Beth's protestations, because you just cannot take that chance.

Also (and I've been ignoring the spoilers other than the creepy opening thing), we should presume there was a person/people that lived in that house beforehand, and was turned off meeting them for some reason. It's quite possible they were turned off by Daryl's look.

We know he's a sweety-pie, but he looks a ****ing bad-ass to everyone else probably. So if they were waiting around they may have only wanted to save the sweet and innocent looking Beth.

Yes, not sure what Beth would have said to them, but they may have ignored her in the panic.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emma777 wrote: »
    I'm going to chip in and say these past two episode have been my favourite so far... Still for the fantastic character development... Daryl was always in my top 5 favourite characters, whilst Beth was always there in the background, no love, no hate. After these episodes Beth is in my top 5 and Daryl is No1. Someone must have done something right as I think the forums are buzzing with these two, whatever happens between them I just want them both to come out alive and ok.

Great first post, even though that may be swayed with how muchj I agree with you;-)
  • chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    i see someone has "full spoilers" for the next episode on the first page.without giving away anything please....have i missed an episode.has one been shown early?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They get posted every week by the same source, but someone posted this week's here.
    The episode itself was leaked two days ago accidentally by Virgin Media. So screencaps for the episode are at Spoil The Dead FB page
  • PheebShirlPheebShirl Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    The whole 'Daryl and Beth' thing feels a bit forced. Perhaps the writers just thought pairing the most popular character with the least popular character would cause people to warm to the latter. I've never disliked Beth though, I've just never seen what she brings to the show. My opinion of her hasn't changed over the last few episodes.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how this Season ends up. I think Season 5 has a lot of potential too. :)

I disagree with you that Beth was the least popular character. I think most fans neither liked nor disliked her prior to this season as she was not given enough to do to actually form an opinion on the character. I actually struggle to think of a long term character on a show being given so little development and so little to do. In 31 episodes she has been in she has only spoken more than a couple of words in about ten of the episodes. Most of the time she has stood mutely in the background. In terms of unpopularity I would say that Lori and Andrea were the two most hated characters. Of the current cast Carl is probably the least popular, followed by Glenn in more recent seasons. Beth has been a love/hate character in the last couple of episodes, but prior to this she would not feature on most peoples' radar.

I quite like Beth and feel Emily Kinney has done well over the last couple of episodes. She was a bit awkward at first, but improved dramatically as the episodes progressed. This is quite understandable as she has only stood in the background for two years, therefore it will take her a little while to get into the character and find her groove. I think that due to her being silent for so long that it seems weird when she actually does speak and therefore fans can be a bit more picky and harsh on the actress due to this.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A very good episode, shows what the reality of living in a post zombie world would be like.

A very 'Of mice and men' ending.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A very good episode, shows what the reality of living in a post zombie world would be like.

A very 'Of mice and men' ending.

Amazing episode. As this review says, it changes TWD forever.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/allenstjohn/2014/03/16/look-at-the-flowers-carols-wrenching-choice-changes-the-walking-dead-forever-in-a-shocking-episode-414/
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It happened sooner than I expected, but I knew from day one of meeting those two girls that it would end up like this, albeit with Carl killing Lizzie instead.
  • Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the baby shoes on the grave are we to assume they killed Judith as well, Lizzie I can understand she was a psychopath but why Judith.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the baby shoes on the grave are we to assume they killed Judith as well, Lizzie I can understand she was a psychopath but why Judith.

No, they didn't. She was being carried on Ty's back. It was symbolic....death of innocence perhaps.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, after Carol's actions, plus her admission of killing Karen etc (don't cough around Carol!), should we assume she is not long for the world? I hope the producers are brave enough to let her live, but I'm not sure they will. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'll admit i thought the same thing almost immediately upon seeing the baby shoes, but then realized... where would they get a pair of bronzed baby shoes from...

That's when i remembered that the baby shoes belonged to the little baby that used to live at that house.

When they get to the house, there were already 3 graves outside. All 3 were marked with a makeshift cross over the grave. One of which already had the little baby shoes, hence when watching the episode back, you hear Mika(i think) ask Lizzie(who i think was crying), is it because one of them was a baby?

The only fresh graves at the end of the episode, were Mika's and Lizzie's, as denoted by two fresh mounds with yellow flowers at the head of them.
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It still made more sense for Lizzie to have killed Karen & David than Carol and for Lizzie to be sitting watching them turn, Carol catching her in the act and dragging them outside. Would also have justified carol shooting Lizzie more as she would be more than a rabbit killer and feeding rats to the walkers.
    Not that everything needs to be tied up in a pretty little bow but it just would have made more sense that Lizzie was shot due to more than one killing to prove the point she couldn't be around people.

It was sad the way it was all building up to Mika's departure with the Carol/Mika chat, you could see what was coming (just expected it to be a walker).
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark stuff. Carol was amazing.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did wonder if Carol was going to kill Lizzie without a headshot and then they'd leave the two girls at the Cottage (fenced in).

After all they did let Jim turn into a Walker back in Season 1 as that was what he wanted.

It still made more sense for Lizzie to have killed Karen & David than Carol

Not really.

Lizzie hadn't graduated to killing Humans at that point (that came when the Prison was attacked) and there would have been no way Carol would have taken the blame as she did if it involved her being exiled and a murderous Lizzie still around a load of potential victims.
  • KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was absolutely magnificent. Easily one of the best episodes in The Walking Dead history.

How do you deal with a mentally ill child in a world without civilisation? How can you forgive when the people who give light to your world are snuffed out? How do you find absolution when you're broken by the evils you have done? The tragedy of it was enough to make you weep.

I've seen a lot of complaints about this half of the season on the net, but I think it's been exceptionally strong. I've wanted stronger characterisation for absolutely ages on this show, and now we're finally getting it. I have a feeling the group Daryl has fallen in with is going to be a tiresome subplot, but the fleshing out of these characters (before it gets gnawed from their bones!) has been well worth the wait.
  • KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Dark stuff. Carol was amazing.

My new favourite character. :) Melissa McBride is an incredible actor.
  • NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carole was great but on the whole, I never loved this episode. Shame Mika had to die. Missing, Rick, Carl and Michone. It's dragging this series out now IMO. I don't like Tyrese. Thank god Lizzie is gone.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Fantastic episode this is the best episode in The Walking Dead history imo. Very Dark, emotional and it showed what some people would become in a zombie world especially children like the girls who dont know wants right and wrong. She was so messed up and in the real world she would of become a serial Killer cause killing animals is a sign of that stuff, Carol did the right thing she had no choice i mean Judith would of been next if they had taken any longer.

I will admit i thought the past 2 episodes were kind of dire but this one really showed why i love this show.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    For me, I rate this the second best episode The Walking Dead has done. The best is still the one in which Lori died.
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carole was great but on the whole, I never loved this episode. Shame Mika had to die. Missing, Rick, Carl and Michone. It's dragging this series out now IMO. I don't like Tyrese. Thank god Lizzie is gone.

Amazed by this. I can put up with Rick, but Michone and, in particularly, Carl are annoying and rather dull. I like Michone to begin with, but she's just become as boring as the company she keeps. First Andrea, and now Carl.

I think these last few episodes have been very good. The plot may not have moved forward any, but it's refreshing to see the outsiders get a bit of screen time.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Incredible episode. My jaw dropped when Mika was seen to be killed

Beautiful performance by Melissa Mcbride. It's genuinley beautiful performances like this that do not ever get award recognition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    too bad the 2 young girls were killed...
    they both acted rings around most of the adult actors on this show.
    Both will go on to have amazing careers no doubt