eHarmony

Comments

• Eeyore1Eeyore1 Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    It seems a shame if you like him but I would be worried about the long distance thing but that's just me...although I'm sure there are advantages to long distance too in that you'll naturally have space from each other so it won't be too full on, but then I'm no relationship expert lol I guess like maryjh said, depends on how special they are you don't want to miss out on a great thing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I am not sure if he is intrested anymore as he has gone cold with me. but if he isnt intrested then its a good thing to find out now than further down the line men for you not very easy to read
  • AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not sure if he is intrested anymore as he has gone cold with me. but if he isnt intrested then its a good thing to find out now than further down the line men for you not very easy to read

I know what you mean, those sentences weren't easy to read either.
    Forum Member

sorry
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A bit unnecessary...
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »
    A bit unnecessary...
    I concur. This is not a grammar forum.
  • LathamiteLathamite Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woah, thread seems in danger of dying at present. Any news anyone?

I'm currently rather uncertain about someone on eHarmony. A lady made contact with me about six weeks ago, asking if I liked her profile (since I'd visited it). I said I did, but it said she was way outside of my region so it seemed a bit daft pursuing things., She told me she'd be in my area permanently in a couple of weeks, if that made a difference? I told her it did and I'd be in touch. All good.

A couple of weeks passed and I realised that I didn't know anything about her beyond what was on her profile and the meagre detail I'd gleaned from our "flirting". I emailed her asking how her week had been, she replied asking about my job etc. I thought we'd do the "usual" thing (ie. email for a week or so, get a proper idea of each other and get enough groundwork for a date), however, after my next email, she didn't reply.

Fair enough. That was the end of that.

Three weeks later. Last weekend, and she emails me in the early hours (so, possibly she was tipsy after a night out) and asks when we're going on our date. I found this pretty odd as I'd already given up on her.

I didn't actually see the email for a day or so, but replied, asking her when she was free.

She hasn't replied in the last week (and counting).

I'm now in the position where I don't know whether to cut my losses on this lady now or email her again.

The latter looks extremely pathetic in my mind but:

a) There's no one else on the site who I like the look of at the moment
    b) It's my birthday next week and, since I'm a bit older than her, I'll suddenly fall out of her desired "age range" ;-).

Any advice anyone? Obviously, I have no idea what's going on in her life. I don't want to put her off by seeming desperate, but neither do I want to look like I'll just hang around and drop everything when she finally decides to reply. Alternatively, she might never reply...so maybe I should just give it another try?

I've read the above back to myself and it looks incredibly lame! I think this sums up how uninspired I am when I visit the site at the moment. Last date was a couple of months back now.
  • this_is_methis_is_me Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lathamite wrote: »

My Match lady and I are house-hunting together :)
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just found this line on a female's profile on POF:

"I have 3 jobs making me a very busy person so if your looking for a girl you would see all the time im not her"

How on earth does she expect to meet people if she claims to have 3 jobs? I also hate profiles that boast how many jobs they have.

She goes on to mention how much she loves her main job and doesn't even mention what she does outside of her main job.
  • RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lathamite wrote: »

I'm currently rather uncertain about someone on eHarmony. A lady made contact with me about six weeks ago, asking if I liked her profile (since I'd visited it). I said I did, but it said she was way outside of my region so it seemed a bit daft pursuing things., She told me she'd be in my area permanently in a couple of weeks, if that made a difference? I told her it did and I'd be in touch. All good.

A couple of weeks passed and I realised that I didn't know anything about her beyond what was on her profile and the meagre detail I'd gleaned from our "flirting". I emailed her asking how her week had been, she replied asking about my job etc. I thought we'd do the "usual" thing (ie. email for a week or so, get a proper idea of each other and get enough groundwork for a date), however, after my next email, she didn't reply.

Fair enough. That was the end of that.

Three weeks later. Last weekend, and she emails me in the early hours (so, possibly she was tipsy after a night out) and asks when we're going on our date. I found this pretty odd as I'd already given up on her.

I didn't actually see the email for a day or so, but replied, asking her when she was free.

She hasn't replied in the last week (and counting).

I'm now in the position where I don't know whether to cut my losses on this lady now or email her again.

The latter looks extremely pathetic in my mind but:

a) There's no one else on the site who I like the look of at the moment
    b) It's my birthday next week and, since I'm a bit older than her, I'll suddenly fall out of her desired "age range" ;-).

Any advice anyone? Obviously, I have no idea what's going on in her life. I don't want to put her off by seeming desperate, but neither do I want to look like I'll just hang around and drop everything when she finally decides to reply. Alternatively, she might never reply...so maybe I should just give it another try?

I've read the above back to myself and it looks incredibly lame! I think this sums up how uninspired I am when I visit the site at the moment. Last date was a couple of months back now.

Very strange behaviour, Lathamite. You could obviously give her one last chance, and say in the text/email that you're a bit puzzled about the gaps in communication but you'd still like to see her, and see what she says. Maybe ask her outright if she's free (eg) next Saturday (or whenever's right for you). If you don't hear from her, then you know she's playing silly buggers. I basically think if you try and tie her down (with the expectancy she'll duck out of it, obviously) you'll get your answer.

But don't be too expectant and hopeful of her turning up. She might be one of those who likes to be chased (both sexes do it), so this is an experiment of sorts - just to see if she's actually on the level or not.

Set a date, tell her if you haven't heard by X date then you'll assume it's not going ahead, and then move on if you don't hear. Give her enough time to reply, though, so set something like next weekend and give her till Thursday. No reply = no date, and you have your answer.

Best of luck, though, because it sounds as if you like her. :( I hope she comes through for you and accepts. x
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    I just found this line on a female's profile on POF:

"I have 3 jobs making me a very busy person so if your looking for a girl you would see all the time im not her"

How on earth does she expect to meet people if she claims to have 3 jobs? I also hate profiles that boast how many jobs they have.

She goes on to mention how much she loves her main job and doesn't even mention what she does outside of her main job.
    She must be in low paid employment if she needs 3 jobs to get by, unless she does 3 part time jobs, like hospital doctor, locum GP and private surgeon. However, I wouldn't dismiss her because she has a good work ethic, that's actually an admirable trait.

My last date told me he was a company director, running a bespoke lifestyle service (yeah, I don't know what that is, either). He wasn't, he was unemployed and had never had a job longer than a month or two - he claimed to be a free spirit. In reality, he was a lying tosspot. He was also older and fatter than his profile picture.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She must be in low paid employment if she needs 3 jobs to get by, unless she does 3 part time jobs, like hospital doctor, locum GP and private surgeon. However, I wouldn't dismiss her because she has a good work ethic, that's actually an admirable trait.

My last date told me he was a company director, running a bespoke lifestyle service (yeah, I don't know what that is, either). He wasn't, he was unemployed and had never had a job longer than a month or two - he claimed to be a free spirit. In reality, he was a lying tosspot. He was also older and fatter than his profile picture.

Come off that fence Frankie! :D

I've been too busy with other stuff to be bothered with the whole dating malarky but I think I might dip my toe bakc in soon.
    Forum Member
    I had a nice afternoon date yesterday, we arranged to meet to walk our dogs. It helped that the weather was glorious, and we ended up having a late lunch at a riverside pub. He paid, although I suggested splitting the bill. He said I can pay for lunch next time - yes, folks, I have another date arranged!!:)

He's nice, funny, chatty, not a show off, no lies about being 6ft 2 when he's 5ft 8, oh and he has a job. Watch this space...
    Forum Member
    I had a nice afternoon date yesterday, we arranged to meet to walk our dogs. It helped that the weather was glorious, and we ended up having a late lunch at a riverside pub. He paid, although I suggested splitting the bill. He said I can pay for lunch next time - yes, folks, I have another date arranged!!:)

He's nice, funny, chatty, not a show off, no lies about being 6ft 2 when he's 5ft 8, oh and he has a job. Watch this space...
    That is great news good luck .
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    POF is slowly turning in to a pay site even more.

It appears you have to upgrade to see which users have clicked 'meet me' now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Have had no luck at all on POF for a while now. Am on verge of jacking it in, its just far too depressing :(
    All the profiles that I like and I feel like I have things in common with never reply back, just gets too hard to keep picking yourself up time after time. :cry:
  • MookleMookle Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Becoming totally bored and disillusioned with the entire thing at the moment.

Fed up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thesimian, I've just taken a look at your profile as you sent it to me ages ago - you need more detail about what you are like in there - I hate profiles where they say 'oh I am not going to write anything here, i'm just a great guy who likes food and drink' - it says nothing about you. I never reply to profiles that are like that...
  • wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member

I noticed that at the weekend, bloody annnoying!
  • clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member

It does notify you if its a mutual tho. I've decided POF is rubbish and rejoined OK cupid going ok been chatting with a few people and actually meeting someone next week...
  • PessimisticPessimistic Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Just a positive note for you all, i met a girl on Match two month ago (after almost 20 different women on different dates!!) and we are now together and things are going really great.

It really is a numbers game. I'd suggest emailing everyone who sparks even a tiny bit of interest, don't be too picky as not everyone writes profiles like they are in person. Take time to write personal emails that mentions their profile (not easy with a lot of women's) and just chat. Make sure you ask at least one question in an email so there is something for them to say in reply. You can narrow down who you like after you've chatted for a bit. I met most women who the conversation went further than one or two messages.
    I found it a bit odd meeting someone who you know a fair bit about for the first time and trying to find a spark. But keep at it and i'm sure you'll all meet someone who you click with eventually.

Good luck everyone.
  • BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    Hi just joined match for 6 months.
    Does it Work, I really want to start a relationship with a women.
    But I find it difficult to approach a women due to my ADHD, Autism and asperger Syndrome.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just resurrecting this thread - to the last poster, it's the luck of the draw I think. You may find someone who is suited to you but there is no sure fire solution or definites in this.

Good luck.

I've had a few chats with men lately and it has quickly moved on to them being quite sexual in their approach. I am not comfortable with this before I know someone - flirting is fine but telling me they are in bed naked and looking at my photos doesn't really do it for me.

I've quickly decided I don't want to meet up with people who move so quickly in that way as I am sure that I am not the only one they are talking to like that.

I feel like I am being prudish but I am totally not a prude... I like a good flirt but like to know someone before I talk about 'wishing you were here with me'. Am I being unreasonable or a bore?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that the quietness of this thread is because everyone is now loved up!?

Mookle you're not being a bore at all, some guys are well too quick with that (and I'm sure some girls are too!)

Bhaveshgor its massively luck of the draw I found, but don't let anything hold you back!

I don't know if anyone remembers me and Matt from this thread, but we're no longer doing long distance.
    Nope, we now live together :) may seem a bit fast for some, but I know I've never been this happy and I hope he feels the same way! Bit weird typing this knowing he's probably reading it as I type, considering we started up on this thread!
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jane-hen12 wrote: »
    I hope that the quietness of this thread is because everyone is now loved up!?
    I can assure all that isn't the case, despite work colleagues and friends suggesting I should jump in. I'm very apprehensive about going back on the likes of POF and OkCupid regarding past experience and being reserved (not jumping to go on a date within the first couple of days and besides, not swimming in money at the moment because I needed to see off a huge bill now rather than later when it'll increase in price), and anyway, any such renewal of profile will have to wait until my Mum has left hospital, she's in a bad way at the moment but thankfully improving.