Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    David166David166 Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    As I said, each to their own. I wouldn't kick her out of bed in a hurry that's for sure. :p

But after coitus, you'd have to get out of there quick before she turned reptilian and devoured you in one go!! :)
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David166 wrote: »
    But after coitus, you'd have to get out of there quick before she turned reptilian and devoured you in one go!! :)
    I wouldn't mind that haha.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind that haha.

Immature and desperate! :p:D Pull yourself together. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tina's mum arrives tonight. What a pity no-one - the police, hospital or Rita could be arsed to tell her about Tina when she was in hospital and BEFORE she died.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Tina's mum arrives tonight. What a pity no-one - the police, hospital or Rita could be arsed to tell her about Tina when she was in hospital and BEFORE she died.

Where does she live? Tina's been dead for about a week now :o
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »

In reality, she would be the first person they would contact and they would even take steps to help her to get to the hospital from wherever she lived if necessary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The factory - where's Peter? I thought he said he'd be back or was he frightened off by Ms me, me, me Michself and I?
  • Options
    HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two SORs:

1. Apparently, the thing that made Michelle consider the possibility of 'forgiving' Steve was that he admitted he was "chicken". In other words, she could understand why Steve would be terrified of telling her about Peter's affair... aww, cock head, patronising look. Logic? :confused::confused:

2. Sawfeh is so concerned that Sally's been steamrollered into getting engaged that she takes her to the pub for a heart-to-heart, and encourages her to be frank with Tim. Then when her mum does try to have that difficult conversation, Sawfeh torpedoes it by taking the p**s at every opportunity. Logic???:confused::confused:
  • Options
    Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenna asking Anna in the cafe who was Owen talking to on the phone? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Mondays episode Michelle was working on the computer when Carla arrived, she said she was checking the orders. However, when the camera switched to a back view of her part of the screen was visible and was showing her desktop.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's episode was just strange.
    We had Tina's mother with the awful, hammy acting...Corrie usually employ good actors so I was surprised by this.
    We had Andrea's sudden personality transplant....she barged into the cafe and elbowed Jenna out of the way, barked at Anna and finally demanded Jenna to bring Lloyd some cutlery.wtf?!!
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    Willow33 wrote: »
    Jenna asking Anna in the cafe who was Owen talking to on the phone? :confused:

I know, as if anyone would do that! None of her business, the nosey mare.

Jenna was sticking her oar into everyone's business in the cafe last night.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I haven't seen last nights episode yet but that dosen't sound like Jenna.

I hope this isn't going to be another of those famous Corrie personality transplants that they do to suit an upcoming storyline.
  • Options
    kevthelutonbeekevthelutonbee Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it me or was the scene where Owen thumped Gary badly done. If the idea was that the punch caused the damage it seemed to me like most of the damage was done by the bannister

Roy and Anna allowing food from outside the cafe to be eaten I don't think so

Although the police believe Carla is responsible when is someone going to realise that Rob is acting very strangely?
  • Options
    JustinThePubJustinThePub Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So baby Jake took his first steps 20 minutes ago. That obviously means he is old enough to be left on his own.
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What I don't understand is why Jenna is still hanging around the Street, surely she would be trying to find something better for herself than working in a cafe, and also having to live beside the silly kid that she lost her career over. As for Lloyd, he may be her natural father, but she's only known him a year or two, they can hardly be that close that she wouldn't want to move on.

Another thing annoys me is why Izzy and Gary are always eating their meals at Anna's, is Izzy unable to cook? Last night turning her nose up at Anna's curry , because there was raisins in it!I Why doesn't she make her own tea at home for a change, and why is their baby never with them?:confused: Loved it when Anna told them to get out, she'd had enough of them!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    In Mondays episode Michelle was working on the computer when Carla arrived, she said she was checking the orders. However, when the camera switched to a back view of her part of the screen was visible and was showing her desktop.

That just shows how little Corrie actually care these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    We had Tina's mother with the awful, hammy acting...Corrie usually employ good actors so I was surprised by this.
    We had Andrea's sudden personality transplant....she barged into the cafe and elbowed Jenna out of the way, barked at Anna and finally demanded Jenna to bring Lloyd some cutlery.wtf?!!

Tina's mother was weird. Why wasn't she asking why she wasn't told earlier so that she could be at HER daughter's bedside instead of Rita?

Corrie have long given up ON any kind of subtley. Andrea and Jenna don't get on and Andrea wants to be in charge of Lloyd's health. THANK YOU CORRIE WE WOULDN'T HAVE GOT THAT WITHOUT THAT HEAVY-HANDED SCENE.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »

it was a weird one wasn't it?
    As someone else pointed out, the scene where Owen socked Garreh was badly done too. and why did Tina's mum think Anna might be Rita?

And where was baby Jake?????
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing annoys me is why Izzy and Gary are always eating their meals at Anna's, is Izzy unable to cook? Last night turning her nose up at Anna's curry , because there was raisins in it!I Why doesn't she make her own tea at home for a change, and why is their baby never with them?:confused: Loved it when Anna told them to get out, she'd had enough of them!

This irritates me too. They seem to be always there, always minus Baby Jake too. And Anna forever wandering the house with baskets of laundry and the like. So she works in a café making food and serving, or in the pub cleaning, then comes home to cook and serve food, and do the cleaning. Why don't Izzy and Gary invite her round to their place and cook her a meal. Give the poor drudge a break!
  • Options
    FionnBFionnB Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    Abriel wrote: »
    it was a weird one wasn't it?
    As someone else pointed out, the scene where Owen socked Garreh was badly done too. and why did Tina's mum think Anna might be Rita?

And where was baby Jake?????

That made no sense at all. For one thing, Tina's mum knew all about Rita so knew she worked in the shop and not the cafe. And she would have known that Anna was about 30 years too young to be Rita.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Loved it when Anna told them to get out, she'd had enough of them!
    Loved it too, but she's just a lodger in Owen's house. :(
  • Options
    Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FionnB wrote: »
    That made no sense at all. For one thing, Tina's mum knew all about Rita so knew she worked in the shop and not the cafe. And she would have known that Anna was about 30 years too young to be Rita.

She went in to the cafe and asked for Rita, she went to the shop first and Norris told her Rita was in the cafe.
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night's programme was so awful in every scene Blackburn lays it on with a trowel, yes we know Jenna and the awful Andrea don't get on, but last night every character was being horrible to everyone else. You expect it from Michelle, Sawfie and Owen and the super brat adopted by Anna, but everyone was at it.

What was the non event with Anna's kid getting drunk? Seemed a bit pointless to me, is she going to go off the rails, drinking, taking drugs, going out with old men, What?

Sally with the glass to the wall was a joy, I remember my kids doing that when next door were having a ding dong!
  • Options
    FionnBFionnB Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    Willow33 wrote: »
    She went in to the cafe and asked for Rita, she went to the shop first and Norris told her Rita was in the cafe.

IN the cafe - not serving in the cafe! And she was still the wrong age by miles...
This discussion has been closed.