Options

Fly (or moth) in wine bottle

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
I opened this bottle of Pinot wine, using the corkscrew, then put in one of those wine bottle pourers, which have a top; I drink some, then leave it out. Next day, I drink a bit more, and replace the pourer with top. The next day, I pour out some wine into my glass, then I notice there's a fly or moth in the wine. How did it get in there ?

Comments

• Options
    The screamThe scream Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both flies and moths are very sneaky, you would have only had to look away for one split second and it would be in the bottle!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    No doubt it is a moth, I hate the things, they seem to get in everywhere!
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was it Vintage wine ?

It might have evolved in the bottle..............:eek:
  • Options
    cliffcollinscliffcollins Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    alcoholics can get their hands on drink no matter what, it must be an alcoholic moth or fly
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The little bstrd!!

Did it drink much of your wine?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was non vintage Pinot, cost about £5, but nice taste, most of it had to be thrown down the sink. It was a light greenish insect, probably a moth. Ugh !
  • Options
    adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What on earth were you thinking of taking 3 days to finish a bottle of wine?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adopter wrote: »
    What on earth were you thinking of taking 3 days to finish a bottle of wine?

takes me 30 minutes these days. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    I dont know why a moth would want to crawl inside a bottle of wine. Moths are attracted to light as we all know, the crafty gits fly in and dart around the room. The only thing i can think of is that it must of flew onto the bottle top and slipped in while you turned the other way or it got its way into the vineyard in which it was bottled. Either way you can expect that whatever insect it was died a painful death, so i think we should all have our minds with the insect and its family member who have to go through this hard time :D
  • Options
    Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought they were put in deliberately for flavour. I never bother picking them out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    I thought they were put in deliberately for flavour. I never bother picking them out.

Yes i thought so too. Its like with raisins when there used to be one that smelt abit iffy. I just thought "what the hay, it must be riper than the others". Lets just say it was riper....:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its protein, don't tell everyone or they'll all want a bottle with a fly in it (or a moth whatever). :D