Put me out of my misery

Comments

• FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    Don't just bait us, tell us more pleae. Like how well do you know him and all the goss. Then I can save my place in the queue. BTW I'm not sad nutter. Just a major fan of Brendan since The Glass Virgin.

I worked with him when he was doing plays at the Royal Court Theatre (he's done several) in London and he had many a good time with the ladies of the crew and fellow actresses - regardless of having a girlfriend.

He was really pretty in those days.
  • Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,386
    Forum Member
    Fringo, thanks although you took your time, we nearly sent out a search party!!:p I was just about to do another post begging for a response.
    Was he just as drop dead gorgeous as he is now. Please don't burst my bubble. I've fancied him for years and by god he has got better as he has got older.
    Oh i can feel a blush coming on,:o
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    Fringo, thanks although you took your time, we nearly sent out a search party!!:p I was just about to do another post begging for a response.
    Was he just as drop dead gorgeous as he is now. Please don't burst my bubble. I've fancied him for years and by god he has got better as he has got older.
    Oh i can feel a blush coming on,:o

I do apologise - I posted on the thread without reading the title and completely forgot who it was about on reading them back again.

He was very, very attractive - I was shocked when I saw him on Downton Abbey - my lordy he's changed. The accent though is, as always, a huge winner.

But be safe in the knowledge - if you met him - you would stand a good chance - for one night only!
    Forum Member
    Fringo wrote: »
    I do apologise - I posted on the thread without reading the title and completely forgot who it was about on reading them back again.

He was very, very attractive - I was shocked when I saw him on Downton Abbey - my lordy he's changed. The accent though is, as always, a huge winner.

But be safe in the knowledge - if you met him - you would stand a good chance - for one night only!

OMG you not trying to tell me that he's not like his characters, he's a more of a love 'em and live 'em sort, surely you're not saying he's only worth one night!!
    He becomess more interesting by the minute.;)
    Forum Member
    Fringo, meant to ask if weren't talking about the lovely Brendan, who did yo think we were talking about. He appears so secretive about his life but seems to rather enjoy himself.:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leosw4 wrote: »
    Not that I am aware.

He seems to be very popular
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifestyle/article-23894018-the-unlikely-cult-of-mr-bates.do

Not the best pic of him though in the article.

He first came to my 'attention' in Larkrise.;)

Oh, thank god! I'm normal! I love Mr. Bates! Almost as much as I loved Mr. Rochester!
    Forum Member
    marvola45 wrote: »
    Oh, thank god! I'm normal! I love Mr. Bates! Almost as much as I loved Mr. Rochester!

Welcome Marvola to our 'gang'. Have you read the appreciation thread I started, Please join in it's v quiet at the moment we need to be bumped!!

Brendan Coyle Appreciation (Mr Bates Forever) put your thoughts on that and keep him going!!!;)
  • LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

One night only is all I need ! But what a night it would be !
    Forum Member
    Lillith wrote: »
    One night only is all I need ! But what a night it would be !

Wouldn't it great lovely to find out if Fringo was right!! For One Night Only ooh eer missus!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Is Brendon Coyle of Downton Abbey fame gay ? I have to know before I waste years fancying him like I did with Niles in Frasier.

Another one of my favourite actors is gay and I found out pretty early on in his career, so it doesn't bother me. I still fancy him, but in a different sort of way. It's pretty obvious Brendan is extremely private, so we're unlikely to know. Although having read the above posts, it seems unlikely. This means I can still dream, even if it would be just for the night (hell, even an hour would do)! Have to admit fancy the pants off him. Know it's a chance in a million, but it can still happen as someone I know had a fling with an actor and she was just an ordinary person not someone who moved in those circles.

Check out this page on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/friends/edit/#!/pages/Bates-Mr-John-Bates-Downton-Abbey/138958589486662
  • ValereValere Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    Does it matter?

Not like he's up for grabs is it?

Just enjoy.

Exactly!

I always wonder why on earth people care. It's not like you'd have a realistic chance with them if they were straight, and some of the most attractive men on screen have been and are gay.

Just chill and lap up the eye candy. :D
  • Red22Red22 Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Brendon Coyle of Downton Abbey fame gay ? I have to know before I waste years fancying him like I did with Niles in Frasier.

NILES IS GAY??!:eek::(:cry:cry:
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    greengran wrote: »
    Next you'll be telling me that John Barrowman is gay!!!!!!

dont got there! i fancied him when he did Electric Circus years ago and also an amercian soap thingy...I didnt actually realise he was gay until he did Dancing on Ice:o:o:o I was gutted. My gaydar was way off all those years:o
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    momma11 wrote: »
    niles is gay ????? noooooo!!!!:(
    kjh84 wrote: »
    And so is Bob Bulldog Brisco!!

Plus another Frasier cast member has never officially come out but it's an open secret that he's gay.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely LOVE this thread :):D

Rosie Red wrote: »
    Does it matter?

Not like he's up for grabs is it?

Just enjoy.

My thoughts exactly. It's just a bit of fantasy and why not? Enjoy!
    momma11 wrote: »
    I know I shouldn`t be so disappointed , but I remember being gutted at finding out richard chamberlain was gay! he was the main reason I became a nurse...I was bereft!:D

LOL, you and my mum. She adored him in Dr Kildare, then again as Father Ralph in the Thorn Birds. Gutted she was, gutted. But like she said 'lucky gays!'
    I remember seeing him for the first time in a costume drama many years ago - I think it was Catherine Cookson's The Glass Virgin and I swear, he took my breath away. I fell instantly in love with him. No-one (on the telly) has ever had that affect on me.

Oh there's just something about him isn't there? I've never thought he was much of a 'pretty boy' really (and I too first noticed him years ago) but there's just something about him, he has charisma in spades and, OMG, that voice! Like velvet. And he's so big and manly and manly and big and ........

*rushes off for a VERY cold shower* :D
    I worked with him when he was doing plays at the Royal Court Theatre (he's done several) in London and he had many a good time with the ladies of the crew and fellow actresses - regardless of having a girlfriend.

He was really pretty in those days.

Well I'm not surprised really. A man with that much sex appeal is always going to attract the ladies.

But it also makes me realise that I'm fantasising about Mr Bates and his character in Lark Rise etc. Not only gorgeous, big sexy hunks of men but honourable too! *sighs*

But sod that ..... I'm in a with a teenyest, tinyest chance now so I'm off! ;):D
    marvola45 wrote: »

Ah, Mr R. Fell in love with him when I was 9 and read Jane Eyre for the first time. Particularly that part where she's crying and fleeing the party, he stops her and holds her hand catching her tears (or summat). *sighs* I read it over and over again.
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Absolutely LOVE this thread :):D

me too :o
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valere wrote: »
    Exactly!

I always wonder why on earth people care. It's not like you'd have a realistic chance with them if they were straight, and some of the most attractive men on screen have been and are gay.

Just chill and lap up the eye candy. :D

You are right the likeliness is quite low, however it doesn't stop guy guy's curiousity's of wondering if certain celebs are gay now does it? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    parthy wrote: »
    Plus another Frasier cast member has never officially come out but it's an open secret that he's gay.

John Mahoney (Martin)? He's open about his sexuality. Kelsey Grammer (Frasier himself)?
  • Midnight RunnerMidnight Runner Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    John Mahoney (Martin)? He's open about his sexuality. Kelsey Grammer (Frasier himself)?

Kelsey was just about the only regular male cast member who isn't gay!

The actors who played Niles, Martin, Gil and Bulldog are all gay in real life. I think the actor who played Noel is too if I'm not mistaken?
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,193
    Forum Member
    kjh84 wrote: »
    Oh & Gill Chesterton lol, this makes me laugh as they all assume he is gay but he is not as he is married.

Edward Hibbert who plays Gil Chesterton IS gay, and OUT!
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I'd known this thread was about Brendam Coyle I'd have clicked on it AGES ago!

He's just lovely.
    Forum Member
    If I'd known this thread was about Brendam Coyle I'd have clicked on it AGES ago!

He's just lovely.

Not just him , but as you say he is lovely;)
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just googled him as I had no idea who he is, and to me he looks like a cross between Neil Morrissey and John Leslie!!
    Sorry... :o
    He does look very smiley though, which is nice... but naah, I don't get it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a terrible waste if he was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really despise that saying. Why is a gay man a 'waste'? Because he doesn't screw women? Ridiculous.
  • oh viennaoh vienna Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fancy loads of actors/singers who are gay. It's all pure fantasy anyway, so a celeb's sexual orientation hardly matters. I find gay men much more appealing than straight men half the time.