Options

Weight Loss Thread - 2013 Edition

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Hi!! can i join in? :)

I started weightwatchers on new years day and have lost a few pound so far, I have good days and bad days, had 3 weeks where i only lost a pound and then the other week i stayed the exact same weight, i am finding it hard to change my way of thinking but the main thing is that i am losing weight, and its better for it to come off slowly then all at once.

I have 22 pounds to lose altogether. im steph by the way :) so hi to all of you.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome Steph, are you dieting with anyone else or one of the clubs ? I only ask because I am finding it helpful having someone else in it with me, we help each other on the bad days and cheer for each other on the good ones.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi!! can i join in? :)

I started weightwatchers on new years day and have lost a few pound so far, I have good days and bad days, had 3 weeks where i only lost a pound and then the other week i stayed the exact same weight, i am finding it hard to change my way of thinking but the main thing is that i am losing weight, and its better for it to come off slowly then all at once.

I have 22 pounds to lose altogether. im steph by the way :) so hi to all of you.

Hi Steph, I just started back on WW today after losing intetest in Slimming world and going off track big time,welcome to you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For anybody interested in the 5:2 diet there is a kindle book free today- " the no nonsense guide to intermittent 5:2 fasting" by John Fitton.
    Don't know if its any good but it's free today.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HI everyone may i join in ? I have been with nutracheck for 3 weeks and lost 8lb so far,,I decided i needed to kick my butt into gear after watching the Chawners..Although i have far less weight to lose i could see traits of Audreys behaivior appearing
    in me and it really made me think...I find it suits me to follow the online excercise and food diary and have re educated my views on healthy eating..No food is banned it just makes you think harder when something takes a chunk out of your daily allowance lol. Biggest thing ive given up are biscuits , Cant believe how many i got through :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome Muffintop - you'll have to change your user name at that rate !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aly1 wrote: »
    For anybody interested in the 5:2 diet there is a kindle book free today- " the no nonsense guide to intermittent 5:2 fasting" by John Fitton.
    Ooo thank you for that,im going to have a look.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    Welcome Muffintop - you'll have to change your user name at that rate !

Ty Mollie...Ooooh it will take me long time to lose that lol...Ive put down a weight loss of 1 1/2lb a week. I can pull my tights up without going a delicate shade of beetroot and my knickers are too big so yay it going in right direction...My stomach has def shrunk as regards to portions i eat but sadly it has failed to tell the outside :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooo thank you for that,im going to have a look.

Yes . It's still free this morning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muffintop wrote: »
    Ty Mollie...Ooooh it will take me long time to lose that lol...Ive put down a weight loss of 1 1/2lb a week. I can pull my tights up without going a delicate shade of beetroot and my knickers are too big so yay it going in right direction...My stomach has def shrunk as regards to portions i eat but sadly it has failed to tell the outside :D

I know that feeling too well. I found I had lost just over half a stone before I started noticing and my feet started slimming down first !
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK - Im back.

I had posted earlier in the thread, but I still had Xmas choccies lying around and then my dog got poorly. Im not one of those people who don't eat when upset. I eat loads, and because of that, i haven't weighed myself.

Put myself on the scales this morning, and im 12 stone 3Ib exactly. I used to be 14 stone 7.8Ib so im still better than I was. But i really would like to get down to 11 stone. That is my goal.

So - doggy is better, everything is all OK with the world ... and its time to concentrate on me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    OK - Im back.

I had posted earlier in the thread, but I still had Xmas choccies lying around and then my dog got poorly. Im not one of those people who don't eat when upset. I eat loads, and because of that, i haven't weighed myself.

Put myself on the scales this morning, and im 12 stone 3Ib exactly. I used to be 14 stone 7.8Ib so im still better than I was. But i really would like to get down to 11 stone. That is my goal.

So - doggy is better, everything is all OK with the world ... and its time to concentrate on me.

Good luck, and well done on your weight loss so far!

I'm a comfort eater, too - and I must admit I'm still really struggling - really in the grip of the "January Blues" at the moment:o

I really need to work out a plan and stick to it, but can't get my stupid self into gear!:mad:

Hopefully something will 'click' for me very soon.

Well done to all the "losers":)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    Welcome Steph, are you dieting with anyone else or one of the clubs ? I only ask because I am finding it helpful having someone else in it with me, we help each other on the bad days and cheer for each other on the good ones.

Im doing it alone actually!! i find it pretty difficult in my house because theyres quite often alot of junk food lying around and i can get tempted easily, every day is getting a little easier though :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi Steph, I just started back on WW today after losing intetest in Slimming world and going off track big time,welcome to you.

Thanks so much! im glad somebody else is doing weightwatchers also!!

How much are you aiming to lose??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aly1 wrote: »

What is this diet?:confused:
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3lbs off this week, just 1lb off losing 5stone!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is a question mainly to people who are on weightwatchers.... Can you please name some vegetarian food options that are extremely low in points? I find i keep sticking to the same kind of foods which is now getting a little boring. i dont eat meat at all so eat alot of quorn with rice, Very rarely use ALL of my daily points either, i find i usually have 6/7 points left a day. Im going food shopping lately so if you could name ANYTHING that is super healthy that i can buy then ill get it later! Thankyou :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Congratulations!!Thats what im hoping for this week :D
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a question mainly to people who are on weightwatchers.... Can you please name some vegetarian food options that are extremely low in points? I find i keep sticking to the same kind of foods which is now getting a little boring. i dont eat meat at all so eat alot of quorn with rice, Very rarely use ALL of my daily points either, i find i usually have 6/7 points left a day. Im going food shopping lately so if you could name ANYTHING that is super healthy that i can buy then ill get it later! Thankyou :)

I'm not vegetarian but I like quorn mince, make a nice shepherds pie and used diced swede and carrot and potato for the mash, its lovely, filling and low in points. You could try casserole with either the mince or the qourn chicken pieces.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Started the 5.2 diet yesterday, and its the also the first diet I have ever started.
    Haven't weighed myself yet, only done the waist measurement around belly button which would of been okay if I was 8 foot tall and not 5'10" :(
    Have found the diet not too bad and the hunger pangs have been manageable, considering I used to eat till I was stuffed :D
    My next fasting day is Thursday which I hope goes as well, I don't think I was too grumpy during the day :o
    Have a friend abroad who started the same day as me, so we can both help each other.
    Having only done 1 day I have learnt that I need to get out of the habit of eating for eatings sake, I also need to get out of the habit of clearing other people's plates as it is okay to throw some food out, even though I don't like waste;)
    Also snacking between meals must stop :cry:
    Here's looking to Thursday and hoping the fast day goes fast :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not vegetarian but I like quorn mince, make a nice shepherds pie and used diced swede and carrot and potato for the mash, its lovely, filling and low in points. You could try casserole with either the mince or the qourn chicken pieces.

Yeah! i actually made a gorgeous spaghetti bolognaise last night with quorn mince, and put lots of vegetables in it! it was BEAUTIFUL! and was only about 8 points for all of it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Logon wrote: »
    Started the 5.2 diet yesterday, and its the also the first diet I have ever started.
    Haven't weighed myself yet, only done the waist measurement around belly button which would of been okay if I was 8 foot tall and not 5'10" :(
    Have found the diet not too bad and the hunger pangs have been manageable, considering I used to eat till I was stuffed :D
    My next fasting day is Thursday which I hope goes as well, I don't think I was too grumpy during the day :o
    Have a friend abroad who started the same day as me, so we can both help each other.
    Having only done 1 day I have learnt that I need to get out of the habit of eating for eatings sake, I also need to get out of the habit of clearing other people's plates as it is okay to throw some food out, even though I don't like waste;)
    Also snacking between meals must stop :cry:
    Here's looking to Thursday and hoping the fast day goes fast :D

GOODLUCK! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is this diet?:confused:

Basically you have 500 calories on 2 non consequetive days of the week and eat what you want the other days.
    I think by cutting down to 500 cals you reeducate yourself not to eat too much on the other days.
    I don't think you would lose weight if you binged on your 5 days off.
  • Options
    JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's amazing - well done. How long has it taken you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks so much! im glad somebody else is doing weightwatchers also!!

How much are you aiming to lose??
    Hoping to lose a stone and half,i dont go to class and I dont do pro point's,just the old point's system,i have done it on and off over the year's so I know the diet fairly well,i have a point's calculator so it's pretty easy.
    It is just a case of being in the right frame of mind really and feeling determined.