Iain Lee on talkRADIO

Comments

• radiodadradiodad Posts: 2,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    radamfi wrote: »
    Rob Burnett is probably my favourite Iain Lee caller of all time.

Agree, he's very quick as well as being very funny so he makes great listening, he's very good when he teams up with his friend Paulie as well. On a different note some of his prank calls with Paulie to James Whale on play talk were hilarious.
  • paulx23paulx23 Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    radamfi wrote: »
    Did Iain basically say that Rabbit Hole means "straight-to-air"? I was wondering whether Iain was asking Kath if he could do straight-to-air tonight or on Fridays. Given that the whole week is light-hearted, what would Rabbit Hole actually mean in a Talk Radio context if it doesn't mean straight-to-air?
    Rabbit Hole is the new Triple M innit
  • radamfiradamfi Posts: 14,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like straight-to-air after midnight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulx23 wrote: »
    Rabbit Hole is the new Triple M innit

I think I get it now. Straight-to-air the whole show on Friday.
  • radiodadradiodad Posts: 2,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew Iain would be able to delver the goods but this is very good especially for a first show, its f**king nuts, exactly how late night radio should be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iain also told Kath that learning languages was pointless on one of the Rabbit Hole shows.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to hear there will be an iTunes podcast. That will be a regular download to add to my podcast list in future, as I probably find 3 whole hours a lot in one go but I'll see how it develops.

Pleased to see an acknowledgement of the patchy sound quality. I'm listening on a DAB Pure 1500 with Seinheisser headphones and the sound has drifted in and out of a scuffled kind of sound. It's only going out on 64kbps in mono, but that should be okay for speech only. One thing listening like this is that you hear the background studio sounds much clearer and Iain has been shuffling his script far too much near the mic!
  • Tony MahoneyTony Mahoney Posts: 3,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on the iPhone AP and the sound is loads better than it was this morning.
  • Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    Only two phone lines? Aww I miss the days of all going 1 to 10 down the lines... :D
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    I love Fish and a Ricecake boy. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYHAR8Xzsyo

(not to be confused with Rice and a Fishcake Boy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlll4jGznYI )
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's the direct link to the radio stream if anyone needs to add it to an internet radio or whatever
    http://radio.talkradio.co.uk/stream?
    :)
  • simon123simon123 Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    Iain seems to be very popular on Twitter this evening. Sounds like a few newbies are appreciating him too.

I'm knackered, set the alarm for 5.05 this morning.
  • simon123simon123 Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    And he's back doing Pradeeps on the radio. This time with Kath, priceless!
  • pengedragonpengedragon Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was great, not looking forward to the alarm in the morning, night all
  • paulx23paulx23 Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes that was amazing, just how late night radio should be... well done to Iain and Kath for delivering the goods, we all knew how it shoulld be...
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Yuck, simulcast with talksport, I'm off.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    Yuck, simulcast with talksport, I'm off.
    See my post #902 @ 1.34am on the actual TalkRadio thread regards this comment! ;-)
  • BeingMrsCBeingMrsC Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Well that was even better than I'd dared hope for.

Not only was Iain on form, but the 3CR jingle into gunfire was beyond genius. Having Kath back was something I'd been hoping for but didn't dare dream it would come true. Rabbit Hole Fridays will provide good competition for Nick Abbot. And there were a couple of calls that were straight and emotional too. The Pradeep between Iain and Kath was just perfect, as was Sheila from the Cockfosters talking to Dennis.

Basically I've woken up after only about 4 hours sleep still smiling. I do need to work out a day time nap strategy though as I can;t sustain life on 4 hours sleep a night!
  • pengedragonpengedragon Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    podcast is up

the 'official' best of one, that is
  • Jamie6767Jamie6767 Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just listening this morning.

I was an LBC/Absolute fan of Iain (have all those shows on my NAS at home) but never bothered with 3CR as it wasnt my type of "Iain" radio. So great to hear Sheila again, Rob Burnett and the Pradeeps - brings back memories. Wonder if Eloise and Chris were listening?!

10 till 1 now its Iain instead of LBC! Great stuff.
  • KOP1975KOP1975 Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I listened last night. Great Show. Iain Lee is fantastic and always has been.

Im hoping Barry From Watford rings in soon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamie6767 wrote: »
    Just listening this morning.

I was an LBC/Absolute fan of Iain (have all those shows on my NAS at home) but never bothered with 3CR as it wasnt my type of "Iain" radio. So great to hear Sheila again, Rob Burnett and the Pradeeps - brings back memories. Wonder if Eloise and Chris were listening?!

10 till 1 now its Iain instead of LBC! Great stuff.

I assumed that after his one-off show on Mansfield 103.2 that would be the end of Iain doing "fun" radio. He even said that himself. I listened to his first few shows at 3CR and decided that it wasn't for me. I then read about a year later that he had won an award for his 3CR breakfast show so I tuned in again and noticed the great chemistry Iain had with his team. Iain was pushing the BBC local radio format to the limit but there was still too much serious and formatted chat for my liking. So I became a casual listener and turned off when it got serious. Iain then posted on Facebook that he was doing a more fun show on WM so I listened to that religiously and then also the Rabbit Hole shows when the WM shows finished. I never thought, however, we would ever return to the out and out insanity that we had last night.

Last night, however, Iain suggested that after a couple of weeks the show might move towards more "light and shade". Given that Iain, like the other presenters, appears to have complete freedom, I wonder how that would manifest itself? Will he throw out serious topics, or maybe he will just go with any serious conversation that callers come up with? On LBC, people wouldn't generally bother him with serious topics but if they came up, they were typically told to call Nick Ferrari in the morning.

He said on one of the recent Periscopes that he doesn't really keep in touch with Eloise and Chris that much.
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed last night’s show.I think Iain and Kath hit the ground running and in some respects last night did not sound like a first show.

It was good to hear some of the callers from across the years and I’m sure others will be along soon. I believe Philip from South Norwood has called Paul Ross this morning and hopefully news of the show will reach Matty Bum Bum in the Lester Arms and Ranjit in the chip shop.

There were some touching calls about breakdowns and also from Dave (I think was his name but he is best known as ”Happy Tree” and I think has posted here in the past). I like hearing Iain do a mixture of light and shade as I think you get more of an insight into him as a person.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, HappyTree makes infrequent appearances on the radio and on forums, but his contributions are usually memorable. I remember him way back on the Tommy Boyd forums when Iain was starting to get a cult following. I think he was on Play Radio quite a lot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Happytree is a great windup merchant.