BEYONCE - Lemonade

Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,925
Forum Member
✭✭
Premieres next Saturday at 9pm on HBO in the U.S. #Lemonade is trending worldwide on Twitter. It's rumoured to be a film, and judging by the 20 second preview it looks like it is. Looking at the to schedule, it's down as lasting 2 hours and 20 minutes. I'm so excited for this. Very interested to see what she's going to unleash on us! Her tour starts four days later, so the new album must also be on the way!!!

Comments

• Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    Beyonce and Madonna are close friends ...and is interesting that both loved the song 'lemonade' by Sophia...maybe this is the inspiration ...they are both v positive about each other ...
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    a film about what though?
    i would rather she just released the album.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I hope she doesn't attempt to act again in this film.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Full trailer is out and it looks amazing - http://youtu.be/BB5zLq1zcdo
  • HugoLottHugoLott Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    I'm so excited for this. If the cinematography is anything like BEYONCE and Formation then it should be amazing!
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is it exactly? Is it a movie of her new album? Like all the songs together with one big music video combining them all?

Whatever it is, the trailer has me excited! I absolutely loved Formation and the video, and can't wait for more stuff. I've actually never been that excited by Beyoncé as an 'artist' but recently she's made me sit up and take notice. Very intrigued to see what she comes out with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is it exactly? Is it a movie of her new album? Like all the songs together with one big music video combining them all?

Whatever it is, the trailer has me excited! I absolutely loved Formation and the video, and can't wait for more stuff. I've actually never been that excited by Beyoncé as an 'artist' but recently she's made me sit up and take notice. Very intrigued to see what she comes out with.

I don't think anyone knows. It's 2 hours and 20 minutes long though, so I'm assuming that it's a film which brings all of her songs on the album together. In her documentary 'Life Is But A Dream' a few years ago, she said that she wanted to focus on albums rather than singles (hence the strategy during her last album). She also said that the release of music is no longer a big event and there is no longer any excitement like there was back in the day of Michael Jackson etc. She's 100% right and the whole secrecy thing she's been doing since her last album is really working. The whole not really knowing anything is driving people crazy.
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone knows. It's 2 hours and 20 minutes long though, so I'm assuming that it's a film which brings all of her songs on the album together. In her documentary 'Life Is But A Dream' a few years ago, she said that she wanted to focus on albums rather than singles (hence the strategy during her last album). She also said that the release of music is no longer a big event and there is no longer any excitement like there was back in the day of Michael Jackson etc. She's 100% right and the whole secrecy thing she's been doing since her last album is really working. The whole not really knowing anything is driving people crazy.

There's something very old school about Bey in that way - she doesn't do interviews really anymore and it's very much a case of what she wants to be shared or known. I like it tbh. In this day of sharing everything on social media and reality tv and interviews etc etc one gets tired fast but she's managed to create a mystique about her. It's obviously working for her. She's selling out stadiums (once again) with no new music out, on her name and reputation alone - and she's not an age yet where it's like a nostalgia tour. She went, in my eyes anyway, from being a bit boring and predictable, to turning the tables and doing something completely different that we're all having trouble predicting exactly what it is! Can't wait :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonight's the night!! It airs at 9pm in the U.S on HBO so I guess UK time that's about 2am. There's live stream links all over Twitter etc. Apparently it's 1 hour and 8 minutes long. I wonder will she release the album straight after. If so we will have it this time tomorrow!!! The Formation Tour starts on Wednesday so the album will be coming literally any day now I'm guessing.
  • digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's the night!! It airs at 9pm in the U.S on HBO so I guess UK time that's about 2am. There's live stream links all over Twitter etc. Apparently it's 1 hour and 8 minutes long. I wonder will she release the album straight after. If so we will have it this time tomorrow!!! The Formation Tour starts on Wednesday so the album will be coming literally any day now I'm guessing.

It's been heavily hinted at by so many sources that the album is definitely out in April and I'll be very shocked if she doesn't drop it very soon after this airs. I just think she wants people to fully experience this film first as it will fully introduce the theme/aesthetic of her new era before we get to actually experience the music.

Plus she would probably get some backlash from fans if she tours again without new music, especially after dropping Formation and naming the tour after it, so I doubt she would risk doing so. At least I hope not.. but you never know with Beyonce. I'll die if we have to wait until December again lol.

If you have a good streaming link could you please send me it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    digichant wrote: »
    If you have a good streaming link could you please send me it?

Yeah sure. Will PM you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's going to be streaming live on YouTube - http://youtu.be/VCCvaE2zEYQ
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched Lemonade...absolutely outstanding. Masterpiece. A fantastic piece of work. The videos, the story, the cinematography. Loved the sound of the songs during Lemonade...I'm off now to go and give the album itself a listen!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a scoop for Beyonce to get Serena Williams involved...that was a surprise
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listened to the album, and what a triumph. Raw and painful, she's so jaded and hurt. However much is based on her personal experience, I have to give her kudos - it's the most vulnerable and emotionally immediate I've ever heard her. Some of the vocals are absolutely heart-stopping.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish Tidal would sod off, talk about a turn off!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't stop listening to this. Favourites so far are 'Hold Up' and 'Daddy Lessons'. Her voice sounds so good when she goes country!!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stunning album
    It's a very deep album lyrically. Plenty of lyrics that give me the impression that maybe Jay Z has hurt her and their marriage was or could currently be in trouble.

Also a deep dark line with someone along the lines of "my father with his hands on my mother's neck"

This is the beyonce that I like. When she makes a body of work, not an album just full of hits. She does the occasional personal song but this album is very much an insight to her mind and her life.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it. I've never been a huge fan of her albums but this is fantastic. I immediately prefer this to her self-titled album.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh bore off Tidal, no one's interested.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish Tidal would sod off, talk about a turn off!

Tidal should sod off. I don't care about Beyoncé, Rihanna or Kanye but tidal ruined Rihanna and Kanye's latest album releases.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stunning album
    It's a very deep album lyrically. Plenty of lyrics that give me the impression that maybe Jay Z has hurt her and their marriage was or could currently be in trouble.

Also a deep dark line with someone along the lines of "my father with his hands on my mother's neck"

This is the beyonce that I like. When she makes a body of work, not an album just full of hits. She does the occasional personal song but this album is very much an insight to her mind and her life.

It's interesting that she's saying this about her dad. In the past the son shone out of Daddy Knowles' ass. Since he had an affair and fathered that illegitimate child Beyoncé seems to have turned against him.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Oh bore off Tidal, no one's interested.

Yep . hope Beyonce knows where she can shove her tidal.
    Lose respect for anyone using this service as the only place to stream their music. Even if its just for a week
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Releasing it on tidal doesn't help in terms of sales.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Releasing it on tidal doesn't help in terms of sales.

I don't think she's bothered about a number one album/single anymore. She made that clear in the documentary a few years ago.