Meghan Trainor Me Too

sunsetbeachsunsetbeach Posts: 1,232
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but that whole 'photoshop' debacle got me to watch the video and i think it's the worse song in the world. In previous songs she bangs on about loving yourself as you are but suggests people want to be her?

I do not want to be like her too. No thanks, I don't want to respect her because she has gold around her neck? I think she's an awful person and an awful artist.

I don't usually feel so strong about these kind of things. She has just wound me up!

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meghan is a pretty harmless artist. I fail to see why you feel this way towards her. It sounds like you are looking too deep into her songs.
  • ShotDownInFlameShotDownInFlame Posts: 5,678
    Forum Member
    Eh you know how it goes with these things, artists writes a song about loving yourself, she gets famous, then the "industry experts" get involved in influencing her lyrics and suddenly it's songs about loving herself.

But yes I have to say, her lyrics for at least the past year or so have been beyond atrocious. Not to mention from what I've seen many of her fans have turned on her simply because of the hypocrisy.
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    I think a lot of people don't realise that Meghan was a successful song writer before she became a solo artist so I think people bought into this young girl making it in the music industry and she's not ashamed of how she looks etc but while that might be true she is also a young girl that has been in the business for a while now and has made good money writing songs for other people so it's not as cookie cutter as many peole think. She's very smart and she's not naive in the slightest