Max Payne 3

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    To answer your previous question, i think you don't need to play Max Payne 1 or 2 to enjoy this. Previous story lines have nothing to do with the storyline of this one except the fact that Max is suicidal, doesn't give a f**k and is a alcoholic due to his bad fortune in the past and the death of his daughter and wife.

As someone else who's also played the first 2 games, i'd agree with He4rt here. The third game stands alone quite well, you don't need to have played the first two games to follow this one. All you really need to know is that Max's depression is due to his wife and baby being killed by junkies in the first game.
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like it, just as good as the first 2 so far. Max's narrations are brilliant as ever :D............may play a bit of multiplayer later.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Jonesey wrote: »
    What's the deal with scoped rifles? The move/look controls are fine but whenever I use a rifle scope the left stick is suddenly used to look vertically - and it's not inverted! :confused:

Yeah, when I use scoped weapons right stick is used to control it, that's completely backwards to what I'm used to in games. Not sure why they done that, or if there's an option to change it. I'll have to take a look.

The game has certainly picked up in pace now, some levels have been superb, such as Chapter 8 and the other New Jersey sections, these stages to me look like the Max Payne 3 game I always wanted. I don't mind the more exotic levels though, they are ok.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Had a good go of multiplayer now and it is really unbalanced.

Level 15+ are rewarded with overpowered perks, extra bullet time,powerful armor and over powered guns, and leveling up is so damn slow that anyone new to it will have to suffer being killed by these people constantly while they struggle to get to a level to match their loadouts.People getting this game later in the year will have no chance when there are level 50 players on the servers.

It's still a lot of fun,if you can get on a game that has even teams, but the last few games iv'e had there have been 4 or 5 players on the opposite team that have all been level 20+ while my own team had no one over level 10 so it was just a a massacre.
    Forum Member
    Had a good go of multiplayer now and it is really unbalanced.

Level 15+ are rewarded with overpowered perks, extra bullet time,powerful armor and over powered guns, and leveling up is so damn slow that anyone new to it will have to suffer being killed by these people constantly while they struggle to get to a level to match their loadouts.People getting this game later in the year will have no chance when there are level 50 players on the servers.

It's still a lot of fun,if you can get on a game that has even teams, but the last few games iv'e had there have been 4 or 5 players on the opposite team that have all been level 20+ while my own team had no one over level 10 so it was just a a massacre.

OK I may just avoid multiplayer altogether tbh.

I've collected a few golden guns now in single player, does anyone know if there are any benefits to them other than looking quite cool?
    Forum Member
    OK I may just avoid multiplayer altogether tbh.

I've collected a few golden guns now in single player, does anyone know if there are any benefits to them other than looking quite cool?

None at all. They just add a golden camo to guns that you can use in multiplayer.

Played big TDM earlier and everyone in the game was around level 7, all apart from one guy who was in the twenties. Every round he would finish top, and i came across him one on one a few times. He seemed impossible to kill with his heavy body armor. The only time i did kill him, he killed me back with the martydom perk.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finished, Great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. In summary

Spectacular.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    If you guys are worried about Multiplayer, Rockstar have Multiplayer events where the XP multiplyer gets turned on (they did this for RDR to), the next one is May 25th and 26th, so play on those day to increase your XP and rank quickly.

The last one was just a few days ago, and a lot of people packed into then.
  • andym08homeandym08home Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably going to buy this game soon, I'm replaying Mass Effect 2 (just about to do the final mission) and 3, then I've got Dead Island to try out
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Re the multiplayer: does anyone else feel like their guns have no range whatsoever, and that it's extremely difficult to kill somebody?

I've tried shooting the AK47 across a distance numerous times, with burst fire, and it just does nothing. Of course, the enemy seemingly has no issue shooting me across similar distances. I may be just imagining it but something feels 'off' to me.

The single-player is wonderful but the MP is irritating me. Plus the spawn system is just...let's not go there.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started this tonight. Only played a few chapters, but love it so far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Started a new game to scoop up the clues, amazed at some of the little incidental stuff i missed.
    In the club I tried one of the toilet doors and found an ex-cop living out his retirement.

Also in the restaurant part of the club I killed all the badies and went backtracking for clues then got a phone call with Max saying he was lost and goin round in circles then the mssion failed lol.

Seen a few of the tv's later on in the game but one i missed is in a glassed off area off the indoor footie pitch, kept watching it and there was this bizarre soap opera.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blindness wrote: »
    Started a new game to scoop up the clues, amazed at some of the little incidental stuff i missed.
    In the club I tried one of the toilet doors and found an ex-cop living out his retirement.

Also in the restaurant part of the club I killed all the badies and went backtracking for clues then got a phone call with Max saying he was lost and goin round in circles then the mssion failed lol.

Seen a few of the tv's later on in the game but one i missed is in a glassed off area off the indoor footie pitch, kept watching it and there was this bizarre soap opera.
    That won't be the first time you see that retired cop ;)

There will also be some got to shoot quick or you've failed moments to keep you on your toes.
    Forum Member
    On my third play through of this now, very good game. Gets better the more you play, I'd say one of the best 3rd person shooters on the market in terms of the gunplay and accurate controls, it all feels great and it's really stylish too. Still have not touched multiplayer but I see through the arcade modes and New York Minute you can level up outside of that which may be a good idea before jumping right in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i just got this , this morning on ps3

only played first mission, then died during 2nd mission so hopped on to mp

seems like this going to be awesome game by rockstar
    Forum Member
    Awesome that you guys are liking and enjoying the game, but if you have a few complaints or want to highly a few wrong things, then Rockstar have set up a special e-mail address for people to submit feedback on the games Multiplayer, they want to take this seriously, so if there's anything you want to suggest, report, complain about, etc about the Multiplayer side of things, then get in touch at:
    MaxFeedback@rockstargames.com
    Forum Member
    My brother and I came across a glitcher yesterday. Every time you shot him, his health would go down to zero and then it would fill back up again, he was invincible. His bullets had no effect as well, because when he shot back it didn't do anything. the guy was just running around, looting bodies for most of the game.
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    My brother and I came across a glitcher yesterday. Every time you shot him, his health would go down to zero and then it would fill back up again, he was invincible. His bullets had no effect as well, because when he shot back it didn't do anything. the guy was just running around, looting bodies for most of the game.

Did you report them ? When see cheaters in a game It's always better to report them as soon as you've spotted them.
    Forum Member
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    Did you report them ? When see cheaters in a game It's always better to report them as soon as you've spotted them.

We filed a report right after the game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member

I saw a guy doing the exact same thing yesterday although the odd thing was that he wasn't looting anybody but was shooting other players, as though he was as oblivious to what was going on as the rest of us.

As for the MP itself, I am getting a little more used to it but it still feels as though I'm using water pistols rather than guns. I find it very difficult to kill somebody more than ten metres in front of me and impossible at range, even with weapons designed for that distance. Gang Wars, however, is a wonderful creation that I definitely hope makes it into GTAV's multiplayer.
    Forum Member
    Gang wars is brilliant. Played a game yesterday and we came to the game which the enemy have to kill a target man on our team, and i was the target. At the start of the round i put a wager on myself to get the most melee kills so i ran toward the enemy and hit the first guy i saw and was killed by his friend. Game over, but i won 500 bucks!:o

Just unlocked the perk which makes you appear as a team mate and i love it. Finished top a few times by sneaking into groups of enemies with a shotgun and blasting them all.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I picked up the game yesterday and i have been blown away (literally a few times!) it is amazing. Rockstar knocked it out of the park.

I got to the Favela mission just before i had to sleep, i'm excited about playing again later on.

Multiplayer seemed like a lot of fun too.

I'm very happy with this, i was let down a bit by RDR, so this is making up for that past (slight) disappointment.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, it looks amazing. My god. It should make Activision embarrassed about that frankly rubbish Black Ops 2 trailer.
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm stuck on the bit after the helicopter at the start where you go behind that huge sign. Just got no health and keep dying. It's ruining the experience for me.
    Forum Member
    Want to get a more traditional Max Payne feeling in the small details, well here's an explanation of the on screen targeting icons:

The Default reticle is a subtle white dot on the center of the screen that changes red when you are aiming over an adversary. Additionally, each weapon type in Max Payne 3 has its own unique Weapon Specific reticle - Assault Rifles have a more traditional crosshair and Shotguns display the blast radius around the reticle. For an extra challenge, you can also choose an All White option that is similar to the default option, but doesn't change to red when you are over an enemy.

Max Payne 1 and 2 used the All White Reticle as its default.