Options

Programmes Missing From Bbc/itv Player

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I just faffed about re-organising to record the repeat of I am a celebrity. No sooner had I done it, then ITV decide to put it on catch up nearly 24 hours later. Cannot watch tonight's episode now, and have to record it in case the same thing happens. Cannot rely on ITV as quite a few things have been missing for some time I have noticed. Several days in some cases.
  • Options
    hdmoghdmog Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    The New series of the Hour first ep is not there.

Catch up only works if you can depend on it being there and no bother to record it

BBC and Sky get you act together!!!!!!!!!

Really peed off about this. Forgot it was on and missed the first 10 minutes. Didn't bother recording the remainder as I expected it to be on IPlayer. It's on the PC version, so as you say "get your act together"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And to make it worse, the "Drama and Soaps" section of the iplayer is currently being illustrated with a "thumbnail" from "The Hour". No sign of the programme in the section however.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    BannsiderBannsider Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    hdmog wrote: »
    And to make it worse, the "Drama and Soaps" section of the iplayer is currently being illustrated with a "thumbnail" from "The Hour". No sign of the programme in the section however.:rolleyes:

Yes, that has really annoyed me as well.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder who the point of contact is, Sky or the third party broadcaster?
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    Wonder who the point of contact is, Sky or the third party broadcaster?

I queried the slow arrival of iPlayer content with Sky a couple of weeks ago. Their attitude was a pretty blunt "talk to the BBC".

To be honest, I think it's Sky's job to sort it out. We pay Sky for a service. If Sky's business partners can't deliver that service, then it's down to Sky to kick their arse and get it sorted.
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    I queried the slow arrival of iPlayer content with Sky a couple of weeks ago. Their attitude was a pretty blunt "talk to the BBC".
    To be honest, I think it's Sky's job to sort it out. We pay Sky for a service. If Sky's business partners can't deliver that service, then it's down to Sky to kick their arse and get it sorted.
    Playing Devil's advocate slightly here again, but your subscriptions have not increased as a result of Catch Up being added to the Sky platform, so you can't really complain on the grounds that you're not getting what you're paying for.
    I'm sure Sky have quite enough on their hands sorting out their own programmes for the Catch Up service, without having to chase other people's as well.
    They have provided the portal between the other broadcasters' Catch Up services and their delivery platform. It's down to the programme providers what they do with that facility, so I would ask them if there are any shortcomings.
    :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    Playing Devil's advocate slightly here again, but your subscriptions have not increased as a result of Catch Up being added to the Sky platform, so you can't really complain on the grounds that you're not getting what you're paying for.
    I'm sure Sky have quite enough on their hands sorting out their own programmes for the Catch Up service, without having to chase other people's as well.
    They have provided the portal between the other broadcasters' Catch Up services and their delivery platform. It's down to the programme providers what they do with that facility, so I would ask them if there are any shortcomings.
    :)

Just because the price didn't go up when it was added, it's still part of the overall package we pay for. The price didn't go up when Sky Sports F1 HD was added, but we'd still have a right to complain if the picture was crap.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Will Strictly HD version be added later for y'days show??
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

so if content was missing from the iplayer version on your TV, for example, you would be sending your complaint to the TV manufacturer?

sky have advised (via the beta channels) that the content is supplied and managed by the channels, so if content is missing or late from BBC iPlayer then it is BBC who are responsible for it.

same for ITV and 5.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    so if content was missing from the iplayer version on your TV, for example, you would be sending your complaint to the TV manufacturer?

sky have advised (via the beta channels) that the content is supplied and managed by the channels, so if content is missing or late from BBC iPlayer then it is BBC who are responsible for it.

same for ITV and 5.

I didn't "complain"

I raised a query with them, asking why content was slower to arrive on the Sky box than through other providers.

I have never assumed this to be Sky's fault. But if I were Sky, and receiving that kind of feedback from my subscribers, then I would be going to the content providers and challenging them to raise their game.

I have 5 different ways of watching iPlayer on my TV. And 3 ways of watching it portably. That's a lot of choice. if Sky want people to use, and recommend, their service, then they need to be the best. They have the best picture quality, no doubt about that, but the availability of content is key.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    secret of crickley hall not in iplayer either

wonder if it's a BBC policy with their new dramas?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    secret of crickley hall not in iplayer either

wonder if it's a BBC policy with their new dramas?

Only if you want to watch on a sky box it seems. It's available on my PS3, Xbox, iPad, phone......
  • Options
    methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    What is the point in having catch up TV if programmes are going to be missing from it.
  • Options
    StuartPlymouthStuartPlymouth Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching a programme from yesterday, and saw a trailer for 'The Secret of Crickley Hall', which looks good.

I went to download last night's first episode, but it's not on BBC iPlayer on Sky. :(

Hopefully it will appear in the next few days, Everything else is there from Sunday evening on BBC One.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching a programme from yesterday, and saw a trailer for 'The Secret of Crickley Hall', which looks good.

I went to download last night's first episode, but it's not on BBC iPlayer on Sky. :(

Hopefully it will appear in the next few days, Everything else is there from Sunday evening on BBC One.

I'm not hopeful as they still haven't put The Hour up.
  • Options
    xbob26xbob26 Posts: 118
    Forum Member

Likewise, when I discovered it wasn't there last night, I did a search for a repeat showing and there wasn't one listed :(
    Fortunately it was available via iplayer on my bluray.
  • Options
    RoweyRowey Posts: 2,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want this to improve i recommend contacting the BBC directly. Every single time theres a programme missing email the BBC iplayer team.

This is the only way it will improve, just posting on a random forum isn't enough. Send in those emails ASAP.
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rowey wrote: »
    If you want this to improve i recommend contacting the BBC directly. Every single time theres a programme missing email the BBC iplayer team.

This is the only way it will improve, just posting on a random forum isn't enough. Send in those emails ASAP.

I've posted on another forum where they're in touch with the iPlayer team who have been told about some shows being absent. It's not making a difference at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've tweeted them, but received no reply.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    I'm not hopeful as they still haven't put The Hour up.

The Hour has appeared this afternoon, although only the BBC2 SD version. No BBC HD version as yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    I recently contacted Sky via their help page on Facebook and ITV about 2 particular programmes that were still not on ITV player after a couple of days. The responses were interesting. The Sky help team told me they would email someone and much to my surprise, within a couple of hours they were up. ITV emailed me a few days later and told me that any missing content issues had to be taken up with Sky.
    I then emailed Sky with that information who advised me that all content other than Sky's is down to the appropriate provider and they have no further response to make. I replied pointing out that ITV referred me to them for an answer to which i got a very blunt response that said ' we have no further comment to make'.
    It therefore appears that Sky and ITV are both saying they arent responsible, either way, the service is very poor compared to other platforms. Even Sky arent making much of an effort with their own programmes which sometimes take days to appear, particularly in HD.

The Secret of Crickley Hall is now up but not in HD.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    keith99 wrote: »
    The Secret of Crickley Hall is now up but not in HD.

HD version now available.
  • Options
    leicslad45leicslad45 Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    I was looking forward to having bbc iplayer but am now unsure due to some comments on this forum. Is the BBC I player through sky the full service or is it just selection of programming. Will the full service be available though sky
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    still no hour in HD though...