if jale was pretty she would have been evicted plain and simple

Comments

• Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »
    it doesnt matter if you think shes attractive, my point is she will never win awards for being most attarctive woman in anything, there will always be people who find her attractive but if she ever became famous she will never be in sexiaest magazine just stating a fact she isnt conventionally attractive.

And my point being ( and I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear ) who ever Pauline had picked on this week would have been saved by the public ....no matter if they were pretty or butt ugly.....she was saved to send a message to Pauline not because she is (allegedly plain) :)
  • wee-mowee-mo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Jale is pretty inside and out so I don't know where you get from to say she got saved because she is not pretty is nasty :blush::blush::blush:
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No she wouldn't. If Pauline had turned on anyone the way she did on Jale whether it be ugly/plain male/female they'd have been saved.

It was all down to Pauline.

I quite agree with this, Pauline definitely had a helping hand in Tamara's eviction and saving Danielle, but I honestly think Jale would have survived anyway, as she has more integrity than any of them. I happen to think she is very attractive and has a beautiful face, but I suppose most of the voting public probably wouldn't agree with me.
  • EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, If Jale was whatever you deem as "pretty" she may well have done. Because she'd probably be a different person.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    Except it isn't.

Oh yes it is. It's subjective and I'm sick of being told who is attractive when it's rarely the case from my perspective.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anya D wrote: »
    Oh God. Didn't take long for this nonsense to start, I see.

Such a tired argument. There was pkenty of reason to evict Tamara out of the three on the block.

But notice that many people claim Tamara isn't good looking or that Jale is pretty. There is clearly something odd about looks going on, and I think Jale's initial popularity was largely based on her lack of looks, just as Pauline's was.
  • Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep I agree. If Tamara looked more like Jale, she would have stayed as well.
  • Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    name the so called plenty reasons then.

People have been all over the forum.

She came off as smug, haughty and unlikeable in her vt.
    Not everyone wants to see a showmance.
    Joined in the nastiness with Helen by saying Jale looked thick etc.
    As Pauline and Helen became more unpopular the only way to get at them this week was by voting out Tamara.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    name the so called plenty reasons then.

Because she was stand offish to the newbies

Because she was friends with the horrible Helen

Because she was involved in numerous bitching sessions

Because she stated 'she was better than anyone else' and believed it.

Because she was in the mean girls team.

If you'd have watched you wouldn't have jumped to conclusions - you would have seen for yourself.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Except it isn't.

Of course it is - one man's meat is another man's poison. Everyone has different ideas on beauty.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,648
    Forum Member
    I think that requires quite an unusual notion of "pretty".
    Yes, I wouldn't call Jale pretty, but I wouldn't call Tamara or Danielle pretty either. In fact, I think their looks are irrelevant in this situation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »
    Of course it is - one man's meat is another man's poison. Everyone has different ideas on beauty.

Not without a lot of commonality.
    Oh yes it is. It's subjective and I'm sick of being told who is attractive when it's rarely the case from my perspective.

There's no good reason to think beauty is "in the eye of the beholder". It's just a familiar phrase, so people repeat it. Even when there are historical and cultural differences in standards of beauty, that doesn't put it in the eye of the individual beholder.

"Attractive" is a different matter. If you want "attractive" to mean personal attraction, then fine, so long as it's clear you're using that rather than the meaning that's about looks. But then beauty is about something else.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you'd have watched you wouldn't have jumped to conclusions - you would have seen for yourself.

Don't forget the showmance!
  • Oracles_eyeOracles_eye Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Attractiveness means me sticking it in them, and Tamara I would as long as she didn't interact with me. Danielle I wouldn't touch, I'd question her on her faith. And Jale I would have a good conversation with, nice night out and quite a few drinks. O well I haven't a chance with any of them as I'm a total mess.
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agree with all of the above however it was the "she looks thick" comment that I found distasteful
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hahah they are all pretty much saying what ive said this thread hahaha talking about bbots btw. and the women saying at are plain jane themselves.
  • Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But notice that many people claim Tamara isn't good looking or that Jale is pretty. There is clearly something odd about looks going on, and I think Jale's initial popularity was largely based on her lack of looks, just as Pauline's was.

I think Tamara has a nice face, but don't find her overall look attractive.
    Too fake for me. Can't stand such highly bleached hair. It's very aging, imo. She looks at least ten years older.
    No comparisson between her and Kimberly for me. Kimberly's look is much more physically attractive to me.
  • Random42Random42 Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get so sick & tired of these type threads.
    The whole " Oooh ! Jellus !! " implications are always a breath away. It just gets tedious.

Tamara went because she did sod all except be a nodding dog to Helen & Pauline, and showed signs of a bit of a ropy fauxmance with Winston.
  • bleary_eyedbleary_eyed Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh yes pauline must be a model lool

You're contradicting yourself here. In your opening post you say Tamara was evicted because she's pretty, so effectively saying that we dislike pretty people. But here you're saying that Pauline isn't particularly pretty (unless you weren't being sarcastic and genuinely believe that Pauline is a model :D) but she's clearly disliked.

So which is it? Do we dislike people just for being pretty? Or do we dislike people for being less than pleasant?
  • glowboyglowboy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    its funny how nobody moans about the bias against attravtive women on bb. we all know tamara is gonna go lets be real and stop guessing, if dannielle was a stunner she would definately be out tonight but she will be saved as she is average looking plus the sympathy vote. i personally dont think tamara is that pretty but she is more attactive than the other two to most people. same nonsense every year tbh, ive barely waqtched this years bb tbh only watching as its eviction night and ive been betting and dont evan have to know whats going on to know who is gonna get the chop.

So you will have missed the godawful Tamara and Helen nicknaming housemates the "slug" and the "wasp".

She went because she was tediously boring, just a little nasty and tried to hold onto her place with a ridiculous showmance.

Jale is an interesting housemate and will become more so in the coming weeks.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farlofan wrote: »
    No chance, she hasn't been nasty and....in fact there are numerous positives about how she's behaved and her being saved is nothing to do with looks

Yes.
    People will get evicted on their personalities, not looks.
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she is pretty. I don't give a crap if you all disagree.:)
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Not without a lot of commonality.

There's no good reason to think beauty is "in the eye of the beholder". It's just a familiar phrase, so people repeat it. Even when there are historical and cultural differences in standards of beauty, that doesn't put it in the eye of the individual beholder.

"Attractive" is a different matter. If you want "attractive" to mean personal attraction, then fine, so long as it's clear you're using that rather than the meaning that's about looks. But then beauty is about something else.

Definition of beauty: "a combination of qualities, such as shape, colour, or form, that pleases the aesthetic senses, especially the sight." What isn't subjective about that :confused:

Why is there something odd about saying Tamara isn't good looking. I find her extremely unattractive. Eye of the beholder ;-)
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she is pretty. I don't give a crap if you all disagree.:)

Well said :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're contradicting yourself here. In your opening post you say Tamara was evicted because she's pretty, so effectively saying that we dislike pretty people. But here you're saying that Pauline isn't particularly pretty (unless you weren't being sarcastic and genuinely believe that Pauline is a model :D) but she's clearly disliked.

So which is it? Do we dislike people just for being pretty? Or do we dislike people for being less than pleasant?

There's no contradiction. The post sarcastically saying "oh yes pauline must be a model' wasn't about being liked or disliked; it was about the dubious idea that:
    adamski94 wrote: »
    Atractive people have a unatractive soul
    unatractive people have a atractive soul