Options

Louis Walsh praises James Arthur saying ‘He’s not just another karaoke singer…He’s no

Comments

• Options
    AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The octogenarian, in order to get some publicity for the show is pitching James against Joe. As some of you know I am a Matt fan and they went down the same route with James and Matt, but that is besides the point. I never voted for Joe, but he was a warm up act for a ballet I went to see at the O2 and he was good. This was just after Joe won Popstar to Opera Star, owing to his voice and talent and that was after he won X Factor. He has recorded five albums, has a single out with Dionne Warwicke and even got Beyonce interested in his voice, owing to one of her concerts. What has James Arthur done so far? Apart from the one charity single, or perhaps you might include him allegedly wearing socks and hoodies whilst bedding his hookers for a red top special. I guess they need to drum up some publicity for his new album? When is the release date?
  • Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    AMS13 wrote: »
    The octogenarian, in order to get some publicity for the show is pitching James against Joe. As some of you know I am a Matt fan and they went down the same route with James and Matt, but that is besides the point. I never voted for Joe, but he was a warm up act for a ballet I went to see at the O2 and he was good. This was just after Joe won Popstar to Opera Star, owing to his voice and talent and that was after he won X Factor. He has recorded five albums, has a single out with Dionne Warwicke and even got Beyonce interested in his voice, owing to one of her concerts. What has James Arthur done so far? Apart from the one charity single, or perhaps you might include him allegedly wearing socks and hoodies whilst bedding his hookers for a red top special. I guess they need to drum up some publicity for his new album? When is the release date?

Well.... James Arthur so far has probably outsold joe internationally with the one single which I believe has charted in around 15 countries and being in the top 10 with pretty much all those countries and basically having more international success that joe has had in his whole career.
    Also the whole "what has James Arthur done so far besides the charity single" part..... Well again after his winners single joe released nothing until September (as most XF winners do) so you cannot use that as an argument. If you must know though he's performed at a few shows internationally, recorded in L.A with top producers and involvement of the Jay Z and even been doing some collaborations with a few artists as well.
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Please don't be condescending, it's not attractive. ;) I wonder why you even felt the need to mention Joe if all you were doing was defending your artist. :)

Sorry, didn't mean to be. :) Anyway, seeing as James apparently saying something against Joe was the topic of conversation, I think talking about Joe is perfectly reasonable.

And I agree with everything Jackel has said. James record is being produced by some of the best in the business.
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    Don't we all wish we were this good at karaoke singing? ;)

I suppose James Arthur has got that singer songwriter thing going on, but so did Matt Cardle, so let's not be over confident & see how things turn out for him... Not that Matt is doing terribily bad, but I think that things did not turn out the way people had thought they would when he won.

They are 2 totally different artists, just because they both play guitars does not make them similar.
    Probably best to wait for James' debut, he hasn't done too badly with his winners single, surpassed most people's expectations.
  • Options
    LancashireLass2LancashireLass2 Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, didn't mean to be. :) Anyway, seeing as James apparently saying something against Joe was the topic of conversation, I think talking about Joe is perfectly reasonable.

And I agree with everything Jackel has said. James record is being produced by some of the best in the business.

Apology accepted thanks. :) Well if James has worked with the type of calibre of people that Joe has on his albums I'll be really interested to hear his music and discuss it with you on here. :)
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    troy4783 wrote: »
    Can you really say he's wrong though I mean Joe is a nice guy but he's hardly setting the charts a light . He had a good voice but he never seemed like a popstar to me.

This.
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Ok I don't how this happened but Matt's gotten involved and now it's become a Matt vs James thread...again.
  • Options
    LancashireLass2LancashireLass2 Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok I don't how this happened but Matt's gotten involved and now it's become a Matt vs James thread...again.

Just shows what an expert Louis Walsh is at stirring people up. Best we all ignore him, listen to our own favourite artist and have a glass of something refreshing! Chilled glass of wine for me. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James hasnt released anything yet - so no-one has any idea whether he will be successful or not.

Personally, I find James voice dreary as hell - I reckon he could make a very good living singing at funerals if he fails with his record.
  • Options
    Gavin_MartinGavin_Martin Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    But James didn't say anything?

I know String but Louis walsh does need to say sorry to joe
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you really say he's wrong though I mean Joe is a nice guy but he's hardly setting the charts a light . He had a good voice but he never seemed like a popstar to me.

You have no idea have you? Joe is much, much more than a chart singer. He is duetting with Dionne Warwick in a new globablly released (on 27 May) single for World Hunger Day. He is joining Adam Lambert in the US for a concert. Some people can be very successful without having a chart record!

He is making a decent living doing what he loves. Charts aren't the be all and end all you know! He does a lot of corporate work which we only hear about second-hand - private parties and such.
  • Options
    AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    You have no idea have you? Joe is much, much more than a chart singer. He is duetting with Dionne Warwick in a new globablly released (on 27 May) single for World Hunger Day. He is joining Adam Lambert in the US for a concert. Some people can be very successful without having a chart record!

He is making a decent living doing what he loves. Charts aren't the be all and end all you know! He does a lot of corporate work which we only hear about second-hand - private parties and such.

I bet Joe is in it for the long haul and will be around for many years to come, unlike some who hit their peak and burn out (courtesy of their record company).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    I was not happy about louis walsh and james arthur saying nasty stuff about joe. He is a nice man what do you think guys and girls? i think louis walsh and james are bullies

http://www.*******************/x-factor/x-factor-2013-louis-walsh-praises-james-arthur-saying-hes-not-just-another-karaoke-singer-hes-not-joe-mcelderry/

Bullies?

Why do people use that term all the time, how is he being bullied. He's an adult man and two people have said they don't much like his style of singing. Get a grip:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joey1985 wrote: »
    Bullies?

Why do people use that term all the time, how is he being bullied. He's an adult man and two people have said they don't much like his style of singing. Get a grip:rolleyes:

Because louis walsh don't like him i think
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Because louis walsh don't like him i think

If Louis doesn't like Joe's singing, then he's allowed to say so. It doesn't make him a bully. Joe isn't a child.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Louis doesn't like Joe's singing, then he's allowed to say so. It doesn't make him a bully. Joe isn't a child.

It doesn't make him a bully but it does make him a massive hypocrite, given how much he praised Joe when he was on the show. But then, that's nothing new.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know joe is not a child but louis should and be careful not to be 2 nasty because joe family will have him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know joe is not a child but louis should and be careful not to be 2 nasty because joe family will have him

Lol, why are all Joe's family retarded?
  • Options
    billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think Joe's family have better things to do than worry about anything Louis Walsh has to say and probably wouldn't even dignify it with a response. Maybe you should do the same :)
  • Options
    troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »

Good for him but all that what he is doing wont last as to make it the music industry now days you need to do well in the charts that's just how it is .
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for him but all that what he is doing wont last as to make it the music industry now days you need to do well in the charts that's just how it is .

You seem to have a very narrow definition of 'making it' in the music industry. There are many different avenues for acts who don't have top 10 chart success. If Joe is making enough money to stay financially afloat, whilst continuing to make and perform music, he has still 'made it' in a more open perspective.

Look at it this way: in a big company, there will be the CEO at the top. They represent the A-list popstars who are making more money than any other popstars out there. Beneath that you have the senior managers who represent the B-list popstars , those that have fairly decent chart success most of the time. Is that where the company stops? No, of course not. There are still people who make a perfectly reasonable wage, lower down the hierachy, usually by working hard and grafting their way through things. That's nothing to be ashamed of, and often those people can have slightly more freedom with what they do because they are not as answerable to the investors of the company. There isn't as much pressure on them to hit massive, unrealistic targets. They probably have a healthier, happier outlook to life than those who have to work endlessly for, admittedly, big pay-offs.

Joe is fine. He's doing what he wants to. He has nothing to worry about provided he continues to earn a wage from his music. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Arthur on previous male XF winners:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/x-factor-james-arthur-slams-1478604

Matt's response:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/matt-cardle-fights-back-after-1496948

Joe's response:
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/309543/Joe-McElderry-tells-James-Arthur-to-get-real/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-star-celebrity+%28Daily+Star+%3A%3A+Celebrity+Feed%29

(If of course you believe everything that's written in newspapers).

James Arthur's sales of Impossible may of course have something to do with it being a charity single.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Arthur's sales of Impossible may of course have something to do with it being a charity single.

I would say not. It pretty much went global which had nothing to do with any charities.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    I would say not. It pretty much went global which had nothing to do with any charities.

But it's looking more likely that Impossible will be his biggest hit with the way he's going right now, it's a shame I did like him but if the music is good I will buy it.