*The CBB7 Ratings Thread* (Merged)

Comments

• SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look at how CBB did compared to C4's other shows:

Channel 4

On +1

The Top 10 the week after will have CBB taking nearly every position on the list.

Ah well. I read what they're planning to replace BB with thanks to Brekkie on The Ratings Thread.
    Anyway, some interesting stuff from C4. In an interview with the Independent Julian Bellamy has confirmed C4 won't be changing their minds over Big Brother and announced two replacement shows. The first being "The Drop" - basically a nightly quiz show where answering 10 questions can earn you £1m, with money disappearing down trap doors for wrong answers - but “a whole bunch of smart interactive thoughts, twists and turns”. Sounds about 10 years too late to me.

The second is a bit more interesting - Notting Hill. A real-time documentary following a group of people in the Neighbourhood transmitting in an hour-long slot each week. So kind of like BB lite, but with the participants able to know what's being said about them!

The quiz show sounds crap... And how much "creative renewal" did it take to think up 'Notting Hill'?

I reckon CBB going to Five is almost a certainty if they're really in talks with Endemol. They should sign one year rolling contracts, picking up Summer BB in Year 2. I can't see the ratings being much different and five would love even BB10 ratings. Regular decent ratings have never fallen into the lap of five since their inception unless you count all the fading imports...
  • cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sprogg wrote: »
    The Top 10 the week after will have CBB taking nearly every position on the list.

Ah well. I read what they're planning to replace BB with thanks to Brekkie on The Ratings Thread.

The quiz show sounds crap... And how much "creative renewal" did it take to think up 'Notting Hill'?

I reckon CBB going to Five is almost a certainty if they're really in talks with Endemol. They should sign one year rolling contracts, picking up Summer BB in Year 2. I can't see the ratings being much different and five would love even BB10 ratings. Regular decent ratings have never fallen into the lap of five since their inception unless you count all the fading imports...

Notting Hill sounds like BB, without BB and a presenter :D.

The quiz show sounds absolutely awful. They should put more news on if they're going to air that tripe.

On the question of FIVE - I doubt Davina would leave the show (as she loves it alot), unless FIVE wanted to get rid of her. I think the ratings will be down a bit, especially for the spin offs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Notting Hill sounds like BB, without BB and a presenter :D.

The quiz show sounds absolutely awful. They should put more news on if they're going to air that tripe.

On the question of FIVE - I doubt Davina would leave the show (as she loves it alot), unless FIVE wanted to get rid of her. I think the ratings will be down a bit, especially for the spin offs.

I can't see the ratings (on average) going under 2m even on five.

I think Five should refuse to take the spin-offs... unless they put BBLB/BBBM on C5 itself - which probably wouldn't be a bad thing.. I mean, they have Live from Studio Five now which is the biggest flop on UK TV. :D BBLB would surely get 1m viewers? 3x as many as LFSF!
  • SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Notting hill sounds pathetic to me,more like an upmarket version of the family rather than BB.
    As for the quiz show,it looks like this is what CH4 is becoming more dependant on lately,I am going to find it hysterically funny when the quiz show bombs completely or possibly with ratings around 250,000 if they are really lucky.

*Sits back and waits for CH4 controllers to be evicted *
  • livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    SG-1 wrote: »
    Notting hill sounds pathetic to me,more like an upmarket version of the family rather than BB.
    As for the quiz show,it looks like this is what CH4 is becoming more dependant on lately,I am going to find it hysterically funny when the quiz show bombs completely or possibly with ratings around 250,000 if they are really lucky.

*Sits back and waits for CH4 controllers to be evicted *

notting hill is a remake of paddington green so nothing new except it's gonna run & run with some internet element thrown in.it maybe ok but i doubt it's gonna be a standout show.

that quiz show sounds dire,contestants start with a million pounds,what real chance do they have of winning big remains to be seen.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    The quiz show is hardly a product of a 'creative renewal' - surely it's that kind of crap that they're supposed to be getting away from?
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sprogg wrote: »

That's absolute bullshit. I was happy for them to let Big Brother go if it meant brand new, innovative drama and comedy, like they promised, but quiz shows and a weak version of BB is ridiculous. That channel deserves to go under.
  • livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    Redmond wrote: »
    That's absolute bullshit. I was happy for them to let Big Brother go if it meant brand new, innovative drama and comedy, like they promised, but quiz shows and a weak version of BB is ridiculous. That channel deserves to go under.

what they forgot to mention at the time of their grand triumphal statements of creative renewal
    is that they don't have the money to make great tv
    on the whole,cheap american imports will be the order of the day.to be fair they did hint as much at the time but it's not good PR to be upfront.they do their very best to bury bad news.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what they forgot to mention at the time of their grand triumphal statements of creative renewal
    is that they don't have the money to make great tv
    on the whole,cheap american imports will be the order of the day.to be fair they did hint as much at the time but it's not good PR to be upfront.they do their very best to bury bad news.
    Maybe if they ditched the silly attempt at a music channel that nobody watches and made more of E4 ( remember e4 was the channel that was supposed to give alternative tv to the youth ) and also ditch E4 plus 1 they would have much more money to develop CH4,E4 and more 4.
    I have no time for the decision makers who cry poverty and then go and invest in a music channel.

To think CH4 offered us shows like Brookside,right to reply,The tube,Big brother,and fifteen to 1..all highly original at time of broadcast not to mention opening doors for alternative comedy and showing films that had never been broadcast because they were controversial...Its sad to see this channel now disolve into a mediocre channel with no vision and no understanding of how to make the most of the digital era.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44,323
    Forum Member
    Notting Hill sounds like a UK The Hills, could be good, could be awful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    llamajohn wrote: »
    Notting Hill sounds like a UK The Hills, could be good, could be awful.

Sounds like a mix of The Real World and The Family to me.
    SG-1 wrote: »
    Maybe if they ditched the silly attempt at a music channel that nobody watches and made more of E4 ( remember e4 was the channel that was supposed to give alternative tv to the youth ) and also ditch E4 plus 1 they would have much more money to develop CH4,E4 and more 4.
    I have no time for the decision makers who cry poverty and then go and invest in a music channel.

To think CH4 offered us shows like Brookside,right to reply,The tube,Big brother,and fifteen to 1..all highly original at time of broadcast not to mention opening doors for alternative comedy and showing films that had never been broadcast because they were controversial...Its sad to see this channel now disolve into a mediocre channel with no vision and no understanding of how to make the most of the digital era.

E4 have some good programmes - Glee, 90210 (well, I don't watch it, but it's popular), Skins, The Inbetweeners, Cleveland Show, Misfits, and, dare I say it, BBBM. I rarely watch Channel 4 (apart from when BB's on), but I watch alot of E4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a mix of The Real World and The Family to me.

E4 have some good programmes - Glee, 90210 (well, I don't watch it, but it's popular), Skins, The Inbetweeners, Cleveland Show, Misfits, and, dare I say it, BBBM. I rarely watch Channel 4 (apart from when BB's on), but I watch alot of E4.
    That is true but they dont use the full capacity of the channel is what I was meaning.
    For example why show a repeat of skins just 3 hours after its aired,why show ch4 programming like shameless on e4?
    Why show repeats constantly of friends,with such a small percentage of viewers why have a plus channel which all costs money...who watch es repeats of the repeats of friends on E4PLUS1.
    If CH4 is no longer a home for BB then why not transfer it to E4 and help bring a new audience to E4 and give that channel its highest ratings.
    Why not use the plus channel as a live feed for 12 hours of the day,they could even put the more popular e4 shows on inbetween the live feed.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I think E4 does a good job and serves its target audience well. Maybe they could cut down on the repeats of Friends but then again it's a very watchable show that you can flick over to when there's nothing else on - and people are watching them.

They don't have a limitless budget and they're not the only channel guilty of repeating content - BBC3, BBC4 and ITV2 do it all the time.

I imagine if E4 were to take on Big Brother it would be at the expense of other original programming.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    I think E4 does a good job and serves its target audience well. Maybe they could cut down on the repeats of Friends but then again it's a very watchable show that you can flick over to when there's nothing else on - and people are watching them.

They don't have a limitless budget and they're not the only channel guilty of repeating content - BBC3, BBC4 and ITV2 do it all the time.

I imagine if E4 were to take on Big Brother it would be at the expense of other original programming.
    What original programming though?
    Glee/ 90210/ one tree hill /friends/samantha who/scrubs/reno 911/smalville/dirty sexy money are imports.
    Shameless/hollyoakes/ are ch4 shows.
    There are a few original shows but I dont see how they would suffer,closing down a music channel that doesnt register on the viewers scale would more than cover BB and help make new original shows...Big brother would encourage more viewers which hopefully would bring in more advertising revenue.
    As it stands now after BB11 CH4 lose a lot of advertising revenue and their top show in the ratings with the nearest rival nowhere near the ratings that BB gets..and dont forget thats around 3 million most nights.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen news on what the series officially got ratings wise?
  • 027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JDD93 wrote: »
    I haven't seen news on what the series officially got ratings wise?

The only official rating to be released as of now is the launch night, which got 6.72m (6.28m+0.44m).

BARB keep delaying the officials, so that's all we have at the moment. Something to do with their new system which is delaying them. Hopefully we'll have some more this week :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BARB Officials (from IBB/BARB)

Sunday 3rd January: 6.7m
    Monday 4th January: 4.0m
    Tuesday 5th January: 3.5m
    Wednesday 6th January: 3.7m
    Thursday 7th January: 3.5m
    Friday 8th January, 9pm: 3.8m
    Friday 8th January, 10:35pm: 4.2m
    Saturday 9th January: 3.3m
    Sunday 10th January: 3.6m
  • rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a really good start to the series in the officials. Timeshift was about 0.5m, which is higher than the usual 0.3m.

If the good timeshifts continue, this series could end up with an official average of about 3.7-3.8m which would make it the most watched series since BB8.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    rzt wrote: »
    That's a really good start to the series in the officials. Timeshift was about 0.5m, which is higher than the usual 0.3m.

If the good timeshifts continue, this series could end up with an official average of about 3.7-3.8m which would make it the most watched series since BB8.

Nice.
  • 027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, those are great official ratings. They officials added alot more than usual, which is great.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    027huds wrote: »
    Wow, those are great official ratings. They officials added alot more than usual, which is great.

Wonder if they'll add yet more again on the nights that BB got moved about.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two more weeks worth of official ratings for CBB7 published on BARB today. Figures including +1...

09/1/10: 3.3m
    10/1/10: 3.6m
    11/1/10: 3.5m
    12/1/10: 3.6m
    13/1/10: 3.5m
    14/1/10: 3.8m
    15/1/10: 3.9m (21:00)
    15/1/10: 3.8m (22:35)

Week 2 average: 3.6m

16/1/10: 3.0m
    17/1/10: 3.3m
    18/1/10: 2.9m (20:00)
    18/1/10: 3.3m (22:20)
    19/1/10: 3.5m
    20/1/10: 3.2m
    21/1/10: 3.4m
    22/1/10: 3.7m (21:00)
    22/1/10: 3.5m (22:35)

Week 3 average: 3.3m

23/1/10: 2.8m
    24/1/10: 2.9m

Series average so far: 3.6m

After the first week, timeshifts have gone back to the normal 0.3m. When the remaining final week officials come in, I imagine the series average will be up to 3.7m, which would be a very good official series average all things considered.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Final week officials have just been released by BARB. These figures include +1:

23/1/10: 2.8m
    24/1/10: 2.9m
    25/1/10: 3.4m
    26/1/10: 3.6m
    27/1/10: 4.0m (21:00)
    27/1/10: 3.4m (22:55)
    28/1/10: 3.9m
    29/1/10: 4.1m (20:30)
    29/1/10: 4.7m (22:05)

Week 4 Average: 3.7m

OFFICIAL SERIES AVERAGE: 3.7m

A good final week of officials ratings for CBB7 (timeshift was 0.4m). The official series average ends up at 3.7m - the most watched series of BB since BB8. Here's how it compares to the last few series:

3.9m - BB8
    3.7m - CBB7
    3.6m - BB9
    3.3m - CBB6
    2.5m - BB10

I never thought it'd be back up to those levels before CBB7 came on air. Excellent stuff, a considerable rise from both CBB6 and BB10!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent. Beating BB9 is a bit of a bonus which I didn't expect. Surely CBB will be back.
    rzt wrote:
    3.9m - BB8
    3.7m - CBB7
    3.6m - BB9
    3.3m - CBB6
    2.5m - BB10

I never thought it'd be back up to those levels before CBB7 came on air. Excellent stuff, a considerable rise from both CBB6 and BB10!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant! thanks rzt :)