Hidden Backing Singers

LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, been away from this forum for a while, still was reading though.

Anyway, I usually play a little game of spotting the hidden backing singers as all singers must be on stage as I understand it, in 2013 in Sweden they were well hidden but I still found them but this year I could not see them, all I could think is that there was a lower part of the stage where they stood and sung? Anyone spot them?

Comments

• UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering about this year. At first I assumed the Swedish backing singers were behind the animation screen but I couldn't think of where they could be for Azerbaijan.
  • LongBallPleaseLongBallPlease Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ulfgeirr wrote: »
    I was wondering about this year. At first I assumed the Swedish backing singers were behind the animation screen but I couldn't think of where they could be for Azerbaijan.

The stage must of been designed to accommodate acts that wanted to hide their singers, in fact during the winning performance the backing singers came out, I'll rewatch for any clues, it really did my head in not working out where they'd been put, lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked the winning performance, the backing singers just openly stood on stage...
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This year I felt the camera angles purposely hid them more than usual. I assume those in the auditorium could see them clearly. Latvia and Georgia must have had backing singers too, but they also wanted to turn it into a one singer show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    This year I felt the camera angles purposely hid them more than usual. I assume those in the auditorium could see them clearly. Latvia and Georgia must have had backing singers too, but they also wanted to turn it into a one singer show.

Latvia's backing singers were stood on stage, wasn't they?
    Georgias were hidden, curious to know where though.
  • Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were allowed to stand behind the screen(s) this year so you won't ever find them.
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Latvia's backing singers were stood on stage, wasn't they?
    Georgias were hidden, curious to know where though.

Yeah, Latvia's backing singers were in full view behind Aminata. I assume the Georgian ones must have been hidden by the smoke or something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edwin Okli wrote: »
    They were allowed to stand behind the screen(s) this year so you won't ever find them.

Really? Well that's the 2nd idea I disagreed with alone with the fake crowd noise.
  • Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? Well that's the 2nd idea I disagreed with alone with the fake crowd noise.

I think it was probably to make the most of the "small" stage. I expect Sweden will use the same idea next year. Christer would have recorded backing vocals allowed if he had enough power.